Movies to dread

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea it's looking really bad. Why does Adrian Brody have to be in it? Since when is he on par with an action hero like Dutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuWwfFFj7i0

basically my reaction to those set pics.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuWwfFFj7i0

basically my reaction to those set pics.
Geez it doesn't look THAT bad. Don't get me wrong, this is easily one of the remakes I'm least excited about seeing happen. But that pic doesn't seal the deal on its shittiness.

X

Xem

Oburi said:
Yea lol, but the don't the heads look too big for the bodies in that pic? It seems out of proportion.

Those are helmets.

Also, keep in mind, set pictures don't really do a good job representing what the movie is going to look like. Especially when there's a lot of blue screen or CGI involved.

I'm not saying the movie is going to be any good, but those pictures aren't a good way to make a call like that.

[quote author=Walter]this is easily one of the remakes I'm least excited about seeing happen[/quote]

Not to nitpick, but from my understanding this isn't a remake but a reboot. Doesn't really justify it anymore, but at least the original source material isn't being touched. It's just that after this movie we'll have one universe where "Predator" is the origin, and another where "Predators" is. I guess you could probably attribute that fact to why their using a pretty "non-action" star such as Adrien Brody in this one: most likely to seperate it as much as possible from the Ahnold universe.

Pretty sure it's a no-brainer as to which is the better of the two. But eh, let each man decide for himself.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/avatar-tops-box-office-sixthstraight-week-ap

I'm putting this in here since people are sick of Avatar in the other thread, plus I'm looking at it from the perspective of Titanic falling by the wayside. =)

2 Billion is in sight.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Yea lol, but don't the heads look too big for the bodies in that pic? It seems out of proportion.

Yes they do.

Deci said:
Those are helmets.

Still too big for the bodies they go on.

Deci said:
Pretty sure it's a no-brainer as to which is the better of the two. But eh, let each man decide for himself.

Real men decided long ago. :azan:

グリフィス said:
I'm putting this in here since people are sick of Avatar in the other thread, plus I'm looking at it from the perspective of Titanic falling by the wayside. =)

Hahaha yeah, the good side is at least now Titanic won't be #1 anymore. :void:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Did anyone else see Terminator Salvation? I just watched it the other night and need to vent a little. My god was that horrible, possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The acting was embarrassing, the action was so bad and retarded, I was laughing the whole time it was so amazingly bad. I'm just still in shock at how predictable the plot was, I felt like a mind reader saying everything that was going to happen. Man that series really went to shit.

ok done now :guts:

Oburi said:
Did anyone else see Terminator Salvation? I just watched it the other night and need to vent a little. My god was that horrible, possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The acting was embarrassing, the action was so bad and retarded, I was laughing the whole time it was so amazingly bad. I'm just still in shock at how predictable the plot was, I felt like a mind reader saying everything that was going to happen. Man that series really went to shit.

ok done now :guts:

Yeah I went to the theater to see it. :schierke:
Agree on everything above. Favorite part? The heli crash scene at the beginning.

Oburi

All praise Grail
fuxberg said:
Yeah I went to the theater to see it. :schierke:
Agree on everything above. Favorite part? The heli crash scene at the beginning.

And then again at later point in the movie. I swear most helicopter crashes end in explosions, Christian Bale survived two in one movie

X

Xem

Heh, I just watched Terminator Salvation and I enjoyed it. Nothing blockbuster or anything, but worth the 2 hours it took to watch it. When Marcus saved the girl from being raped I gave myself a little "Hell Yeah"... then I did it again when we saw Ah-neld - wasn't expecting that!

Also, having Marcus not realize he was a half machine was very well done in my opinion. I actually felt for his character in certain scenes. This definitely isn't Cameron's Terminator, but I wasn't expecting it to be... especially with a director named "McG". It sort of flipped the whole concept of the series upside down and had you wanting John Connor willing to accept the Terminator instead of the opposite.

As usual, I had low expectations going into it, and I wasn't disappointed! From most of the reviews I've read (including some recent ones in this thread), I expected a horrible mess - and that's not what I saw. Maybe I'm just old school, but I even appreciated all the cheesy lines that connected it to the old movies like, "Come with me if you want to live." , "I'll be back" , and "There is no fate but what we make."

Oburi

All praise Grail
Deci said:
As usual, I had low expectations going into it, and I wasn't disappointed! From most of the reviews I've read (including some recent ones in this thread), I expected a horrible mess - and that's not what I saw. Maybe I'm just old school, but I even appreciated all the cheesy lines that connected it to the old movies like, "Come with me if you want to live." , "I'll be back" , and "There is no fate but what we make."

There were so many obvious references to the old movies that is was distracting and silly how not subtle they were, thus making them not cool and pretty lame actually, IMO.

X

Xem

Oburi said:
There were so many obvious references to the old movies that is was distracting and silly how not subtle they were, thus making them not cool and pretty lame actually, IMO.

Yeah I can see that. My opinion was certainly influenced by my audience (my g/f who had didn't really remember the original Terminators - got her interested in re-watching them! Score.), so that was part of my enjoyment. Also, I was impressed with how focal they made Kyle Reese. He has always been my favorite character in the Terminator franchise, and even though corny, I liked how we got a sort of "training" for Kyle in how to protect someone courtesy of Marcus and John Connor. It connected a lot of dots together and brought the story full circle in some respects.

At some points I felt like they would start down a subplot and then not really touch it again, which was out of place and odd, but I recently read "McG" had plans for sequels. So maybe he would've expanded on these and moved forward, though I fear that that might've hurt the series more than help it. All-in-all I have mixed feelings, but I got that old 80's action movie feeling, like I'd be able to rewatch this 10-20 years from now and still enjoy it.

We'll see! :serpico:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Oburi said:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/03/watchmen-2-looks-like-a-real-possibility/

Umm yea...

Yay, i hope they'll finally turn this into a movie:

3320399965_d22ac58313_m.jpg

Griffith

Aazealh said:

Indeed, I love all the sordid details though, which are probably more fitting of the mood of Watchmen than any of the material that'll come out of these planned bastardizations (and they clearly know it). Maybe the real plan is to take all the people that would agree to work on these projects out on a boat and explode them, making Watchmen safe once and for all. =)

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
Ugh. As much as I liked the movie, this is pretty disgusting.

Yeah, it's a bad start when they aren't even pretending to do this for organic artistic purposes but are instead coming up with a long term scheme to spread the blame thin for these exploitations. This whole thing reminds me of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII concept, where instead of doing a direct sequel or something truly ambitious with the material, they aim for the middle with a bunch of mediocre to start spin-offs and byproducts so they can't fail too spectacularly, the original is still kept somewhat insulated despite the brand being diluted, and the money rolls in either way.

Top Bottom