Movies to dread

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
1276787874203.jpg

Doesn't look good? I think it looks pretty sweet myself :guts:

Yeah, looks good... for Toy Story 3, maybe. Just so you know, that's actually supposed to look real on film, it's not a preview image from the toy line or something, which I'm sure you're similarly amped for. :carcus:

Reminds me of this ugly turd I had as a kid, among others:

predatortoy3.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Since everyone is already dogging this in this thread, international Predators trailer:
http://screenrant.com/predators-international-trailer-ross-65731/

Griffith

Walter said:
New footage leaked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgwgOL5uY4

Haha, Mortal Kombat, the flamethrower! (actually, that would kind of make sense =)

Anyway, what's actually cool about that presentation is I think those are the actual models used to create the character sprites for the game. So while it might not have been the most realistic display, it was about as genuine as it could get if you wanted to actually see your favorite Mortal Kombat characters in person.
The kid in me gets a kick out of that, and so does the adult frankly, but for the opposite reason. :ganishka:

dwarfkicker said:
Since everyone is already dogging this in this thread, international Predators trailer:

Everyone's already dogging it because Rane posted that trailer in here three days ago, and three posts above yours.

Oburi

All praise Grail
dwarfkicker said:

I think this trailer is much better than the other one, though it does give away a little too much. Anyway I'm going to see it, opening night no doubt. I'm skeptical but I'm such a predator fan that I at least need to see it and make up my mind then. I just hope I'm not too disappointed. If I enjoy it even a little bit I'll be happy.

Griffith

Oburi said:
I think this trailer is much better than the other one, though it does give away a little too much.

Really? All it showed me was some bad dialogue to go along with a mediocre concept and likely bad plot. You gotta be a PREDATOR... or the prey! Yeah, get it? And my favorite, "This planet's a game reserve." That's a pretty radical assumption on his part, did he explore the entire planet? I mean, it could just be a 20 mile radius on it that's a game preserve. I'm kidding, but only in Sci-Fi do entire inhabitable planets have a singular characteristic or purpose like game reserve or intergalactic grocery market. They should really diversify these planets. =)

Oburi said:
Anyway I'm going to see it, opening night no doubt. I'm skeptical but I'm such a predator fan that I at least need to see it and make up my mind then. I just hope I'm not too disappointed. If I enjoy it even a little bit I'll be happy.

As such a fan, wouldn't you want to enjoy it a lot though? Yeah, that's why I'm still firmly dreading.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Maybe I've just been so traumatized by the other installments ( even predator 2, which wasn't that bad) that I can't help but think I'll be happy if I enjoy but only a few moments of the film. Maybe an action scene, maybe the gore, a few good lines here or there, as long as I find something to enjoy I'll be happy.

I don't know, just seeing the Predator on the big screen is cool. Even though AvP2 sucked bad, I actually enjoyed the beginning just because it was on the big screen and with my boys who are also huge Predator fans. We left the theater disappointed of course, but it wasn't transformers bad. I'm just not bitter enough ( or smart enough) to pass on a predator movie just yet.

:farnese:
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/429477/predator-3/videos/preds_clip_awaken_062910.html?show=hi
I'm hoping this is an edited clip. :???:

Another new one.
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32790

Oburi

All praise Grail
1277947890019.png

Jesus this guy is on a losing streak. He is just annoyingly bad now.

Proj2501 said:
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/429477/predator-3/videos/preds_clip_awaken_062910.html?show=hi

Yea that certainly looks edited.

Griffith

Proj2501 said:

Another new one.
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32790

Good job taking Predator and making it way lamer, Rodriguez. I mean, it really is that simple when you think about it. They took the Predator concept and remixed it in the most deliberate, self-aware, and contrived manner possible.

Nice parachute.

X

Xem

I'm gonna hold out judgment on The Last Airbender until I see it for myself. I've disagreed with enough critics, including all of the people that contribute to Rotten Tomatoes, about M. Night Shyamalan at this point that I feel confident in ignoring them regarding his films. 7%-6% is pretty freakin' low though...

Griffith

Deci said:
I'm gonna hold out judgment on The Last Airbender until I see it for myself. I've disagreed with enough critics, including all of the people that contribute to Rotten Tomatoes, about M. Night Shyamalan at this point that I feel confident in ignoring them regarding his films. 7%-6% is pretty freakin' low though...

If you thought those movies were good, you're probably the one who's opinion should be ignored as an indicator of quality.

Shamalamadingdong's a talented director, great with mood, but he should fire himself as his writer because that's where all his movies go whooshing down the toilet. Maybe the best example of Shyamalan the writer sabotaging Shyamalan the director is Signs. That movie is like Hitchcock meets Spielberg until Shyamalan pulls the curtain on the shocking twist that it's actually fucking terrible with a retarded premise. Actually, that's a pretty impressive twist ending, I'm trying to think of another movie like that, not just where the ending is bad or a disappointment, but it actually reveals the entire movie to be bad. That's almost an achievement. =)

No offense, I remember one totally awesome kick ass Predator movie. The rest are pretty much leeching off that one. This movie seems to be no exception. The only thing that kinda interest me is Rodriguez's take on it. I've haven't been itching for any type of Predator movie. I haven't damned this movie, I just have no interesting in seeing a Predator movie. I don't know why. What can this movie say that the first didn't?

Griffith

Death May Die said:
No offense, I remember one totally awesome kick ass Predator movie. The rest are pretty much leeching off that one. This movie seems to be no exception. The only thing that kinda interest me is Rodriguez's take on it. I've haven't been itching for any type of Predator movie. I haven't damned this movie, I just have no interesting in seeing a Predator movie. I don't know why. What can this movie say that the first didn't?

Good point, I'm as forgiving of Predator 2 as the next guy, it's entertaining in it's own way, but more in the spirit of Commando than Predator. I have no idea why anyone still thinks of this as a series with potential or gets excited about anything to do with it anymore. Like you said, it was one great movie, and then a bunch of garbage. How many times are people going to be fooled? It's "shame on you" the second time, and some of us are going on four!

It's like some depressed sports fanbase or something, where delusional die hards keep pretending that it's going to be different next year while rooting for a perennial loser.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Good job taking Predator and making it way lamer, Rodriguez. I mean, it really is that simple when you think about it. They took the Predator concept and remixed it in the most deliberate, self-aware, and contrived manner possible.

Nice parachute.

I hadn't watched the videos until now (lack of interest in the further ruination of the Predator name), but having done so I must say it's worse than I had expected. I'd feel bad for whoever worked on this because they so clearly lack creative talent and inspiration, but in truth it only angers me that such mediocre people had the gall to think themselves up to the task of making this movie. Same old case of people trying to replicate something but not understanding what made it great.

グリフィス said:
It's like some depressed sports fanbase or something, where delusional die hards keep pretending that it's going to be different next year while rooting for a perennial loser.

Exactly.

And Shyamalan... When was his last good movie? Unbreakable? Even that one had pacing issues. At this point he's more like a hack who got lucky a couple times than a talented but misguided director.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
I hadn't watched the videos until now (lack of interest in the further ruination of the Predator name), but having done so I must say it's worse than I had expected. I'd feel bad for whoever worked on this because they so clearly lack creative talent and inspiration, but in truth it only angers me that such mediocre people had the gall to think themselves up to the task of making this movie. Same old case of people trying to replicate something but not understanding what made it great.

Speaking of which, even Peter Jackson had the good sense not to cast Schnoz there as a robust man of action, but change the part to something more fitting of his lithe frame.

Aazealh said:
And Shyamalan... When was his last good movie? Unbreakable? Even that one had pacing issues. At this point he's more like a hack who got lucky a couple times than a talented but misguided director.

Pretty much, guy had talent, but too much came too soon, 6th Sense made him think he could be the next Spielberg or something, and probably ruined whatever he could have done otherwise. To use another sports analogy, he's like athlete that gets max player money based on the potential of one good year, but without really proving himself. No track record. Well, now he has one.

I actually want to watch the new Predator movie. I expect it to be horrible. I want to see how they are going to ruin the franchise further.

Griffith

And not everybody has taste. Not even saying I do, but I do make my case. My opinions are WELL documented on this board. I give my reasons ad nauseam. So, if you don't like them, give me yours, or if not, don't come whining to me playing the taste card and taking umbrage because I made fun of a guy decrying the persecution of M. Night Shamalot at the hands of cruel aggregates.

Top Bottom