Movies to dread

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
Speaking of wasting your life, this reminds me of an idea I had the other day while stuck in traffic behind some dumb bitch that missed a green light and held me up for another cycle too because she was looking for her cell phone or some equally asinine bullshit for which she should have been immediately executed. It got me thinking, when someone takes away time in your life you can never get back like that, think of it on the backend of your life, as if they came into your room when you were on your deathbed and killed you a few minutes before your natural time. Then they'd rightly be in trouble, but in the case above, they've essentially done the same thing and gotten away with it. What I'm getting at is, I wonder if Zach Snyder can be indicted for criminally bad movies? Adding up the hours and viewers, imagine the number of combined lifetimes he's taken! Just a thought I'll be talking over more with Overlord Morgus.

And where's my Facebook "like this" when you need it? I despise the feeling of wasting my time, specially in a movie. I have no "beef" with Zack Snyder, though that could be because there are other directors I truly despise. But I tend to give most movies the time they deserve. Normally that implies when I am bored, tired or sick.

What I did found amusing, was one of his interviews before the movie release. He mentioned he started having second thoughts to the whole PG-13 rating. "I should have at LEAST some titties in it right? :troll:. I'm sure I'll end up watching this movie in some way, shape or form. What does bother me is if this movie is horribly bad? The loss of good visuals in the process. Zack, I truly hope you don't fuck up Superman.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
Makes sense, going to see bad movies just to see how bad the bad director still is before watching his next bad movie too... just to be sure! Then you can write the oburiuary for his career knowing you did your due diligence. Anyway, whatever helps you sleep at night, and may God have mercy on your confused soul. :griffnotevil:

Speaking of wasting your life, this reminds me of an idea I had the other day while stuck in traffic behind some dumb bitch that missed a green light and held me up for another cycle too because she was looking for her cell phone or some equally asinine bullshit for which she should have been immediately executed. It got me thinking, when someone takes away time in your life you can never get back like that, think of it on the backend of your life, as if they came into your room when you were on your deathbed and killed you a few minutes before your natural time. Then they'd rightly be in trouble, but in the case above, they've essentially done the same thing and gotten away with it. What I'm getting at is, I wonder if Zach Snyder can be indicted for criminally bad movies? Adding up the hours and viewers, imagine the number of combined lifetimes he's taken! Just a thought I'll be talking over more with Overlord Morgus.

No Way Sucker Punch will be a bigger time waster than that post.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Where did you see this originally?

My fault, I couldn't use the troll emote on my phone. Just a joke.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Nomad said:
And where's my Facebook "like this" when you need it? I despise the feeling of wasting my time, specially in a movie. I have no "beef" with Zack Snyder, though that could be because there are other directors I truly despise. But I tend to give most movies the time they deserve. Normally that implies when I am bored, tired or sick.

What I did found amusing, was one of his interviews before the movie release. He mentioned he started having second thoughts to the whole PG-13 rating. "I should have at LEAST some titties in it right? I'm sure I'll end up watching this movie in some way, shape or form. What does bother me is if this movie is horribly bad? The loss of good visuals in the process. Zack, I truly hope you don't fuck up Superman.

Yeah, my beef is that the guy really does seem to have visual talent, but not a clue otherwise (I'd cite his lack of original material here, but if Sucker Punch is the answer, then by all means please stick to remakes and adaptions, Zack). He's like a world class NBA athlete with no basketball IQ, all he can do is dunk (and most people can't tell the difference cuz it looks AWSUM). Thus, my scorn, and another strange phenomenon it brings to mind: Spielberg and Lucas recycled old movie serial conventions into great movies, now there's a generation of high-profile filmmakers taking cheap bad movie conventions and making them into... expensive cheap bad movies (I'm looking at you too, Tarantino and Rodriguez).

Anyway, that Superman project is a whole other nasty can of worms from what I've heard. Let me count the ways: rushing to production, because they're losing the rights, but they want to exhaust the soil and salt the earth before turning it over, despite the failure of their last reboot, which they're abandoning for better or worse, and then the final touch... Zach Snyder, because they think he's the perfect guy to rush a lousy style over substance action flick to the screen and make some profit doing it. Poor Bryan Singer, it's going to be like X-Men 3 all over again (well, not really, since Superman Returns won't be a contributing factor to success like X2). Was Brett Ratner unavailable?

Oburi said:
No Way Sucker Punch will be a bigger time waster than that post.

I'll make them pithier the day I start shitposting SK.net from my phone. Until then... :troll:

Griffith said:
I'll make them pithier the day I start shitposting SK.net from my phone. Until then... :troll:

Burnsauce.gif

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:

If you can't click on the icon itself, just type : troll : without the extra spaces. Should do the trick.

A couple of my friends (who like Zack Snyder) saw Sucker Punch and said it was utter shit. Fortunately, I didn't need them to tell me that; I'd already seen the trailers.

turkitage

ターク
Griffith said:

Nomad said:
And where's my Facebook "like this" when you need it?

likes this.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Rhombaad said:
If you can't click on the icon itself, just type : troll : without the extra spaces. Should do the trick.

I know, my fault.

Anyway, I'd never thought I'd say this but i think i'm done with :SK:.net. I won't plague the board with my personal problems but I can't put up with the bullshit I get thrown at me anymore.

I'll always love Berserk though. Peace guys.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Oburi said:
Anyway, I'd never thought I'd say this but i think i'm done with :SK:.net. I won't plague the board with my personal problems but I can't put up with the bullshit I get thrown at me anymore.

Umm.. ok? :???: See you 'round then.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
I know, my fault.

I'll always love Berserk though. Peace guys.

I wasn't trying to insult you, I was trying to help you out.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
No way in holy hell am I reading back through all of these pages, but I have seen quite an array of terrible movies (spent my first 4 years post-high school with my buddies making routine trips to the video store to pick out the worst movie possible based on box art, now there is the pristine beauty of Netflix!) so here goes:

- Dragonball Evolution (was a little bit over an hour and made me envy the terminally ill)

- Both of the Joel Schumacher Batmans (Batman can go from Val Kilmer to George Clooney but Robin is always Chris O'Donnel)

- The Michael Bay Friday The 13th (is not nearly as cool as Kevin Bacon behind stabbed from underneath his bed)

- Mega Piranha

- Giant Shark Vs. Crocosaurus (features Jaleel White!)

- Leeches

- Frogs

- Speed Demons (oiled up shirtless gearheads talking about spark plugs and demonically worshiping cars)

- Cliffhanger (the villain is the dude from 3rd Rock From The Sun, who is the least intimidating goof ever)

- Over The Top (features Sylvester Stallone basically arm wrestling for custody of his son)

- Problem Child 1 & 2 (poor John Ritter)

- Street Fighter (poor Raul Julia)

- You Got Served

...and many more I have thankfully forgotten.

But on the real? "Salo: The 120 Days of Sodom". Marquis De Sade does not fool around. In all of its smutty glory, you will never want to eat solid foods again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Conan trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQ99y8KaTU

I don't know, I think this trailer actually looks promising. Not nearly as bad as what I expected.

Griffith said:
Conan trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQ99y8KaTU
Impressed by the production quality of the movie to be honest, I didn't expect it to look this good. However, I see a LOT of slow motion scenes, almost over-used which is something I despise. Maybe it's slowed down just for the trailer? I dunno *shrug*

IncantatioN said:
Impressed by the production quality of the movie to be honest, I didn't expect it to look this good. However, I see a LOT of slow motion scenes, almost over-used which is something I despise. Maybe it's slowed down just for the trailer? I dunno *shrug*

I totally agree with you Incarnation. The trailer looked really nice, now i really look forward for this movie !
However something tells me that the slow motion scenes were not only for the trailer... well we'll see.

Aazealh said:
I don't know, I think this trailer actually looks promising. Not nearly as bad as what I expected.

I'm with you on this Aazealh! I was none too pleased when I read the synopsis, which is once again, deviating from Howard's original mythos :femto:, but this trailer looks like this movie will be a lot of fun! The actor also looks more faithful to the original character, compared to Ahhhhnold (Hollywood. Seriously?) from those terrible (yeah, I said it) Conan movies from the 80s. It boggles my mind that Hollywood won't adapt one of Howard's Conan tales to the big screen, specifically "Black Colossus", "People of the Black Circle", or "Red Nails"! I'd love to see an adaptation of "The Snout in the Dark"!

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Guys, guys, remember one thing, Hollywood knows how to sell a movie, not make a movie. Of course the trailer looks "promising". But the movie will be a piece of shit. I was surprised, but still, i preferred this piece of marketing - http://www.cinemasharks.net/2011/03/extremly-awesome-motion-poster-for.html At least the music isn't butt metal.

Who dares to speak ill of Milius's Conan? Purists? It's not close to Bob's stories at all, but fuck it's an amazing movie. I don't care if it's not a faithful adaptation to please the nerds, but it's a movie like they don't make anymore. It has raw passion.
And the DVD commentary is the best ever. If you heard it, you know it.
Besides, why complain about Arnold as Conan? At least he was massive and an imposing figure, had presence and charm, but this Momoa dude looks like shit. So if you want a pure adaptation, who would you cast as Conan? People always complain that Arnold was just a brute, yeah ok, but how would you get a really imposing northern guy and at the same time be lean and feline? Howard's description was of a tanned, blue eyed, straight black hair, big guy. Not this caribbean-like dude. Arnold had way more charisma even in his monosyllabic acting as Conan. Actually the one scene where he speaks the most (which is a great scene) in the first movie, was cut, because it didn't fit the character. And yeah, it doesn't fit the Conan we see in that movie, but it's probably one of the few scenes where he acts more like the Conan from the books.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, and kids these days! http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=35167

NightCrawler said:
And the DVD commentary is the best ever. If you heard it, you know it.
"Th-there's da ghosts. ..... you see that?"
".....Mmmmmhyyyyyeah."

"This is the part with the orgy."
"Yeah and she was SO beautiful!"

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Walter said:
Oh yeah, and kids these days! http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=35167
"Th-there's da ghosts. ..... you see that?"
".....Mmmmmhyyyyyeah."

"This is the part with the orgy."
"Yeah and she was SO beautiful!"

:ganishka: I truly believe they were high during that. Arnold's captain obvious remarks and Milius constant drooling at every chick in the movie. Classic stuff. I like the part where Arnold is surprised by how good the movie is ahah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqnFxVaIx4

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
NightCrawler said:
:ganishka: I truly believe they were high during that. Arnold's captain obvious remarks and Milius constant drooling at every chick in the movie. Classic stuff. I like the part where Arnold is surprised by how good the movie is ahah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqnFxVaIx4

My heart aches, it hurts to laugh. This is incredible, hahaha

Top Bottom