Movies to dread

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
Even if it fails I feel like this is one of those things they'll keep doing until they get it right, like all Super Hero movies I guess.

I think we're past the point of diminishing returns on that front, they already got it right a couple of times, and recently it's like they've been experimenting with the different ways to get it wrong, leading right up to a bloated crossover (that always works out). I don't know if Whedon's involvement is enough to turn that tide, I just hope it's successful regardless so he can more easily do his own thing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Die Hard 5... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.slashfilm.com/die-hard-5-titled-a-good-day-die-hard-details-revealed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29

Griffith

A Good Day to Die Hard? Wow. So, does anyone think it will live up to savagery vs. modernity parable that was Live Free or Die Hard? :iva:

Walter said:
Die Hard 5... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.slashfilm.com/die-hard-5-titled-a-good-day-die-hard-details-revealed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29
A Good Day to Die Hard :ganishka: ... that cracked me up after a shitty day at work. Sloppy.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Not that the original trilogy was very plausible (the only one I like to this day is Die Hard), but how many times can one cop get involved in this many high-stake problems?! ...Apparently five or more times.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Not that the original trilogy was very plausible (the only one I like to this day is Die Hard), but how many times can one cop get involved in this many high-stake problems?! ...Apparently five or more times.

And the whole terrorist thing is so tired already... That being said, while the original Die Hard is clearly in a league of its own, Die Hard with a Vengeance was pretty good IMHO. It helps that both movies were directed by John McTiernan.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
...how many times can one cop get involved in this many high-stake problems?! ...Apparently five or more times.

Die Hard 6: Die Hards Are Forever.
Die Hard 7: Live And Let Die Hard.
Die Hard 8: License to Die Hard.
Die Hard 9: Die Hard Another Day.
Die Hard 10: Die Hard 10.

Griffith

Alternate Die Hard 5 titles:

From Russia With Die Hard
To Live is to Die Hard
Tomorrow Never Dies Hard
The Die Hard Goodbye
The Day the Music Died Hard
The Living Die Hards
Night of the Living Die Hard
Between a Rock and a Die Hard Place
A Die Hard Day's Night
Die, Die, Die Hard My Darling
Never Say Die Hard Again

Griffith

http://io9.com/5849650/the-director-of-the-thing-reveals-the-aliens-secret-backstory

A very convincing interview... can't be trusted though. Same for positive assurances from those that go see it because they probably have bad taste and can't be trusted either ("everything's awesome!" =). This will make me wonder, though.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
It's currently sitting at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is never a good sign. I love the original so much, I just can't justify seeing this one, especially if it's no good.

X

Xem

The Berserk movie is gonna have some competition!

_1318537674.jpg

I asked myself if this was amazing enough to pay to see it in 3D. The answer - Nope. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.animevice.com/news/live-action-akira-movie-gets-the-green-light-tron-legacy-lead-tapped-to-play-the-lead/5591/

Akira has been greenlit by WB... For real this time. :magni:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
Good to know they got a hack to direct it, wouldn't want it to accidentally not be terrible.

I've been lurking for months with nothing to post on, but this takes the cake as best post of the year on any forum ever.

Aaz I seriously laughed out loud.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
If the actress mention in the quotes takes the role, I say Oburi watches the movie.

[quote author=http//animenewsnetwork.com]The Twitch website is reporting on Tuesday that actress Kristen Stewart (Twilight, The Runaways, Snow White and the Huntsman) has been offered the lead female role of Kei in Warner Brothers' live-action adaptation of Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira manga. In Warner's film, Kei is described as "a young medium who becomes the love interest for [male co-lead] Kaneda."[/quote]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
I've been lurking for months with nothing to post on, but this takes the cake as best post of the year on any forum ever.

Aaz I seriously laughed out loud.

Glad you enjoyed that. :serpico:

Th3Branded0ne said:
If the actress mention in the quotes takes the role, I say Oburi watches the movie.

If she's got any wits about her she won't.

Top Bottom