Movies to dread

Quick update on the new Turtles flick, behold -

iWmub2F.png

Deci

I know he looks totally overblown and cheesy, but I'm pretty confident I'll be rooting for Shredder during this flick. Curious why his eyes seem to be glowing though... did he get into some mutagen and literally bind with a electric can opener? That'd be funny.

The head's probably an extra head/ helmet they had from the set of his Transformers movie. I'd be massively disappointed if this version of Shredder can't fly.

New trailer for TMNT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXFsrp6WBs

As dumb, generic and wrong as it looks, it'll still go on to make pots of money >_>'

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/scott-adkins-tony-jaa-join-723592

No.

Yes. Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFwxnqXLAQ

I don't actually give a shit. I can't imagine this being any good, though I can't wait to see Tony Jaa "kick the tree." I'm just glad to see Kickboxer getting some love, since it's the SUPERIOR Van Damme movie next to Bloodsport.

I rewatched Kickboxer a little while back and forgot what a blow-out the final fight was. Tong Po literally just stands there and gets his ass handed to him. I know these movies were never renowned for their realistic choreography, but at least Chong Li in Bloodsport didn't go down without a fight. I'd speculate this was due to Tong Po being played by Michel Qissi, a friend of JVC's and a relative nobody, so he was happy to be a human punchbag if it landed him a lead role in the movie.

Curiosity got the best of me and I read an article on the new Terminator movie and it doesn't look good ...

Link and short description of the story is within spoiler tags -

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/first-look-emilia-clarke-matt-smith-and-jason-clarke-in-terminator-genisys-plot-details-revealed-20141029

Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

Why can't they let the franchise die...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Curiosity got the best of me and I read an article on the new Terminator movie and it doesn't look good ...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/first-look-emilia-clarke-matt-smith-and-jason-clarke-in-terminator-genisys-plot-details-revealed-20141029

Well at least this is in the proper thread :ganishka:

Yeah ... I read something about this yesterday and had a good laugh. So many absurd, implausible, and utterly bullshit decisions being made about these characters. They're bending over backwards to make this a Terminator movie. Given the track record since he stopped making them, no one should be allowed to work on this franchise but James Cameron.

IncantatioN said:

That sounds so bad. :ganishka:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
So is this installment supposed to follow the previous continuity? Did no one learn anything?

To me it almost looks like a "What if..." movie where the test parks didn't fail, and a full park was eventually opened to the public with the same general plot of the first movie thrown in.

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
So is this installment supposed to follow the previous continuity? Did no one learn anything?

To me it almost looks like a "What if..." movie where the test parks didn't fail, and a full park was eventually opened to the public with the same general plot of the first movie thrown in.

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

Beyond that, what experience could this possibly offer if it appears to be hemming from the same formula as the first movie (WE THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE. IT WASN'T. RUN!) ? More people at risk? Who gives a shit? Looks awful. Also, Chris Pratt's line about hey maybe genetically modifying dinosaurs isn't a great idea; really, guy? So I take it that the fact that you apparently work at this dinosaur park means you're pretty cool with THAT part. Just not the new dino part? Got it. :schierke:

Delta Phi said:

Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. This new park is owned by the Masrani Corporation. Owen (Chris Pratt), a member of Jurassic World's on-site staff, conducts behavioral research on the Velociraptors.[3] After many years, Jurassic World's attendance rates begin to decline and a new attraction, created to re-spark visitor interest, gravely backfires when the hybrid dinosaur roams free

Apparently, they didn't learn they lesson. I'm pretty curious to see the aquatic scenes with the Tylosaurus.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
Can't they just let it die? At least I hope Michael Crichton's estate is getting money off of this.

It's been 13 years since the last movie, so I'd say it's been dead this whole time. Part 3 definitely murdered the series beyond recognition, so hopefully this brings something new to the table.

SPOILERS I HAVE FOUND FOR THE MOVIE ARE BELOW:

It won't bring anything new to the table.

Top Bottom