Movies to dread

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
VengeanceQuest982 said:
Pan Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjW1mKwNUSo

Could be good , could be bad ; either way I'm more interested in this than Jurassic World.

For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I'm excited to watch a Peter Pan movie.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Walter said:
Who gives a shit? Looks awful.
B-but, Chris Pratt! :troll:

Johnstantine said:
Part 3 definitely murdered the series beyond recognition

I'm not trying to justify the mess that the third movie was, but to be fair, the first movie is so completely different from the book it's rather astounding that it doesn't get nearly as much flak as Arwen showing up at the Ford of Bruinen instead of Glorfindel in Fellowship of the Ring. Crichton at least co-wrote the screenplay, though…and I was 6 in '93 so I wouldn't have been aware of any complaints at the time... :schnoz:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
I'm not trying to justify the mess that the third movie was, but to be fair, the first movie is so completely different from the book it's rather astounding that it doesn't get nearly as much flak as Arwen showing up at the Ford of Bruinen instead of Glorfindel in Fellowship of the Ring. Crichton at least co-wrote the screenplay, though…and I was 6 in '93 so I wouldn't have been aware of any complaints at the time...

The book wasn't nearly as well-known as the Lord of the Rings, and all that really mattered was the dinosaurs anyway.

Johnstantine said:
For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I'm excited to watch a Peter Pan movie.

Eh.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
I was expecting something bad but not that bad. Regardless, it will make a tone of money.

If that's how you feel, then I've chosen to move these posts to the appropriate thread (Movies to Dread)

ryOtoha said:
What did you think of his role in Prisoners ?

Didn't expect anything from him because I'm not that fond of him generally speaking. I thought he was pretty good in it, then again everyone in that movie stood out, especially Jake.

Walter said:
If that's how you feel, then I've chosen to move these posts to the appropriate thread (Movies to Dread)

Thank you sir

IncantatioN said:
Didn't expect anything from him because I'm not that fond of him generally speaking. I thought he was pretty good in it, then again everyone in that movie stood out, especially Jake.

Not a big fan either but I agree with you.I really like Chesty Jake but overall I feel like Hugh Jackman was the strongest lead in this film.

Fox Green Light Starts ‘Independence Day’ Sequel Countdown

EXCLUSIVE: Top brass at 20th Century Fox got some work done this week, giving a green light to the long-awaited Independence Day sequel. The film has been slotted for a May production start, and the studio now will move to close Roland Emmerich’s directing deal. Now, Fox staked a June 24, 2016, release date, so this isn’t a shock, but these dates get recalibrated all the time. From what I’m told, Will Smith regrettably isn’t reprising (though if he said yes, I’m sure Fox, Emmerich and Dean Devlin would write him in, in a heartbeat). Deadline revealed this back in February.

Casting will begin after they lock Emmerich, and I’m told by Fox insiders they will be making a single film. There had been speculation we might see two films shot back-to-back, but Fox only greenlighted one. Nicolas Wright and James A. Woods wrote the script. Carter Blanchard rewrote the first draft of the script that was done by Emmerich and Dean Devlin, and then James Vanderbilt. Emmerich is producing with Devlin and Harald Kloser. The green light means that Fox, Emmerich and Devlin can release the film for the 2016 July 4 weekend, marking the 20th anniversary of the 1996 original that grossed $811 million worldwide.

You know it's going to be great if Will Smith won't even touch it. :ganishka:

Skeleton said:
You know it's going to be great if Will Smith won't even touch it. :ganishka:

Movies Will Smith passed include Inglorious Bastards, Hotel Rwanda, The Matrix (has was asked to play Neo), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (as Mr. Smith, there was scope of Willgelina) ...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Movies Will Smith passed include Inglorious Bastards, Hotel Rwanda, The Matrix (has was asked to play Neo), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (as Mr. Smith, there was scope of Willgelina) ...

Django Unchained too. Because he'd already done Wild Wild West, you know. :schierke:

IncantatioN said:

If you think the movie is better off in the "movies to look forward to" thread then please feel free to ask one of the mods to move my post. I won't stand in your way.

My opinion is that the movie most likely won't be any good, but I don't care enough to die on a hill for it.

Haha naah, you're right about this one, it sounds bad. Appropriate thread, I was just putting a word in support of movies Smith's passed. Wow, Django would've helped revive his career slump.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Alright, let's vent. The Mother of Dragons doing her best to channel Linda Hamilton only makes how awful everything else is that much more glaring, especially Jai Courtney's swoll Kyle Reese. Also, why is T-1000 a cop again but not Robert Patrick circa 1991? The former is actually far less likely than the latter (it can look like whatever it wants but that's a helluva coincidence), especially considering Skynet seems to have decided to make every model Terminator look the same, or maybe just like some version of Arnold. And on top of the bonkers shitshow on display here they're retconning Terminator and T2, the only things good about Terminator in the first place!? I get that they're going for the "now anything can happen" exuberance of Star Trek 2009, but this is more like Days of Future Past done in reverse so that instead of negating Brett Ratner you make him prime! Why... why would you do that!? :magni:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
Alright, let's vent. The Mother of Dragons doing her best to channel Linda Hamilton only makes how awful everything else is that much more glaring, especially Jai Courtney's swoll Kyle Reese. Also, why is T-1000 a cop again but not Robert Patrick circa 1991? The former is actually far less likely than the latter (it can look like whatever it wants but that's a helluva coincidence), especially considering Skynet seems to have decided to make every model Terminator look the same, or maybe just like some version of Arnold. And on top of the bonkers shitshow on display here they're retconning Terminator and T2, the only things good about Terminator in the first place!? I get that they're going for the "now anything can happen" exuberance of Star Trek 2009, but this is more like Days of Future Past done in reverse so that instead of negating Brett Ratner you make him prime! Why... why would you do that!? :magni:

Not to defend the movie, but it's been stated that it isn't a retcon, but a new timeline created because of Rise of the Machines.

Still, though. The CGI looks fucking awful at the beginning. It's reminiscent of the first few episode of the STARS series Spartacus.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Johnstantine said:
Not to defend the movie, but it's been stated that it isn't a retcon, but a new timeline created because of Rise of the Machines.

Semantics aside, they're basically overwriting Terminator and T2 for... this. And what a great foundation for the franchise they chose instead; Terminator 3, literally when it went in the toilet. At least they know where they really come from.

Johnstantine said:
Still, though. The CGI looks fucking awful at the beginning. It's reminiscent of the first few episode of the STARS series Spartacus.

Yeah, that T-800 skeleton looks like a toy, and as for the rest, Salem hit it in the head, it looks like a TV movie, which is probably what the next Terminator movie will be.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Semantics aside, they're basically overwriting Terminator and T2 for... this.

Precisely my problem with this movie (which will apparently be a trilogy). It's the absolute worst possible direction they could have taken for a new Terminator movie. T2 is one of the best action movies of all time. I'd say it's easily in the top 5. Yet they're explicitly revisiting the hooks of that movie, as if to say it needs modernization, or that they can do it better. Leave the best movies in the franchise alone and fix what's already been broken: Everything after T2.

Also, why does John Connor look like a fucking tool compared to this badass?

Yeah, that T-800 skeleton looks like a toy

Small detail, but noticeable to me on my first viewing: Why does the T-800 in the trailer have to raise the gun to its shoulder before firing?

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Looks like Arnold is bringing a new interpretation of "get to da choppa”.
Seriously, it's surprising how bad this looks, i was expecting b-movie bad, but not syfy channel bad. I’d rather watch a sextape of Arnold fucking that maid than this hot mess of a movie.
I'll go as far as to say no sequels were needed, not even T2, since it basically ignores all the rules the first one set up. It's just a better action movie because Cameron rules in that department, but Terminator is still king.

Top Bottom