Blagojevich is no longer Illinois Governor

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Illinois Senate ousts Blagojevich

art.blagotrial.gi.jpg

[quote author=msnbc.com]SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Gov. Rod Blagojevich was convicted at his impeachment trial and thrown out of office Thursday, ending a nearly two-month crisis that erupted with his arrest on charges he tried to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Blagojevich becomes the first U.S. governor in more than 20 years to be removed by impeachment.

After a four-day trial, the Illinois Senate voted 59-0 to convict him of abuse of power, automatically ousting the second-term Democrat. Democratic Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn, one of his critics, immediately became governor.

[/quote]

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Glad he's gone, hope he gets gone to jail soon. :mozgus: :mozgus: :mozgus:
I'm not defending the guy, but I thought he never actually committed any crime -- just the THREAT of selling the Senate seat was enough to get everyone riled up and claiming he betrayed public trust (what politician doesn't do that though?).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
I'm not defending the guy, but I thought he never actually committed any crime -- just the THREAT of selling the Senate seat was enough to get everyone riled up and claiming he betrayed public trust (what politician doesn't do that though?).

Yeah, that sums up my feelings as well. He's apparently a corrupt mega-asshole besides these accusations, which I'm sure is no small part of this, but the way this guy has been portrayed you'd think he was serial rapist or mass murderer. When you get past the all the nationwide media hype it ties into with Obama's senate seat, his refusal to step down and appointing the senator, this is more like your typical case of a politician unlawfully "accepting gifts."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, his haircut really isn't helping his public perception. :void:

Seriously though, it's not hard to understand why everyone hates the guy. He's playing all the worst possible cards -- arrogant to a fault, caught red-handed but won't admit it publically, profiting off of our-favorite-president-ever's former seat. HE DESERVES THE DEATH PENALTY. Ideally, alongside this guy!

These things combined really don't equate to guilt by our judicial system. And in fact, he hasn't even been tried by a court of law yet.

"But Walter you don't get it! He needs to answer to a HIGHER AUTHORITY!"
blagoboom2.gif
blagoboom3.gif
blagoboom1.gif

blagojevich.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I've only heard bits and pieces about this on the news, so I can't really say how I feel one way or the other, but damn that's a bad haircut.

Top Bottom