Can "incarnated Griffith" actually be "moonlight/demon child" and not Femto?

I mean..I am sure that I am not the only one here who is under the impression that there is something not quite right about this new born Griffith. Mishaps this incarnated being is not actually femto. It is my theory that despite the similarities in appearances and what we have seen in recent episodes...that maybe what has been presented to us by Miura is a Red Herring- a literary device used to distract one from an event(s) that is actually transpiring.(this is just pretty much speculation... so I might get some flak for presenting this theory, but then again this is SPECULATION nation) Is this far fetched?

p.s. salutations community, I am new here.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Gnihilyn said:
I mean..I am sure that I am not the only one here who is under the impression that there is something not quite right about this new born Griffith. Mishaps this incarnated being is not actually femto. It is my theory that despite the similarities in appearances and what we have seen in recent episodes...that maybe what has been presented to us by Miura is a Red Herring- a literary device used to distract one from an event(s) that is actually transpiring.(this is just pretty much speculation... so I might get some flak for presenting this theory, but then again this is SPECULATION nation) Is this far fetched?

Actually it's Site & Forum News.

Anyways, no I don't really think it's a red herring. There's just no evidence support such a claim.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I moved the thread to the appropriate section.  Welcome to the forum  :void: I always like hearing new ideas.

I don't think Bob is totally correct here. It's not that there's no evidence to support Gnihilyn's claim -- there's actually real evidence in the manga that denies this as a possibility. Several instances actually. For one, the 1000-year incarnation ceremony was specifically for Femto, since it mirrored the events of the Eclipse. Another, from Griffith's own mouth in vol 22, he recalls he and Guts' first meeting. This is definitely the being that was once Griffith.

But to make matters more interesting, there is a part of the new Griffith that is still under the influence of Guts and Casca's child. I'd highly suggest you read Aaz' post here (The Moonlight Boy), which postulates the child that appears before Guts and the party in vol 28 is actually the same body that Griffith inhabits, though shared by the boy, who sometimes takes full control.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Gnihilyn, welcome to SK.net!

Gnihilyn said:

Echoing what Walter said, it's more than far-fetched and just plain wrong. No one's going to blame you for it though, don't worry. :serpico: Walter already gave a few examples showing that this new Griffith is the incarnation of Femto, but if you think about it you'll find that there's more of them all over the manga. It's him in every possible way, the narration doesn't leave us any doubt on the matter.

One thing you should keep in mind however, and that ties to your question: the body used to create this new Griffith was the Demon Child's. And from various hints in the story (most importantly when Guts and Griffith meet in volume 22), we can see that the demon child hasn't completely disappeared in the process (something that seemed to surprise Griffith at the time). The child also has a strong enough influence that he was able to make him protect Casca from falling rocks. So while the new Griffith definitely is Femto, we can say that at least a part of the Demon Child still exists somewhere deep within him.

As for the Moonlight Boy, it's a little more complicated. We still have no certainties as far as he is concerned. So far nothing truly proves that he's related to the Demon Child or to Griffith. If you're curious about it though, feel free to check the post I made that Walter linked you to. And I recommend you to browse through the old threads we have laying around in general, they contain a lot of interesting information that should be able to answer some of your questions.

The thread that Walter had provided was rather adequate. I thank you. Before posting this subject I did try using the SEARCH to find any insightful information...however most of the info I skimmed through was not as elucidating as your posts tend to be Aazealh. :badbone:

Top Bottom