mainitembp0.jpg

op112344940611ps0.jpg

op212344940612ch4.jpg

ph1234494061cn5.jpg

op312344940613nr7.jpg

Limited manufacture to 100
Unit Price: 60,000 JAPANESE YEN
Attachment: Serial number nameplate, Bowgun
*Please note that the bowgun will be attached only to the item pre-ordered directly at our official website and ebay store.
Size:1/6 Scale, 28.5cm (H) x 34.5cm (W) x15.5cm (D) (base included)
Material: Polystone, resincast, metal, Wood &gold leaf(used on serial no.plate)
Originated & manufactured by ART OF WAR
Planned Release Time: May-June, 2009

About the statue, I got the confirmation it will be a 1/6 scale, more pictures will be sent at the end of the week.

Drakull said:
Guts "Lost Children"
About the statue, I guess it is the same size as the last released of "Griffith"
[br]just got that email too....no info whatsoever except this special priority pre-order thing for "royal" customers. But why another of the same statue? It doesn't make any sense.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are just jealous because you're not royal customers! :troll:

More seriously, it's not exactly the same. The sword's got a lot more blood on it, for one thing. And it's 1/6. But yeah, it's not the model I'd have chosen to recreate, personally. I guess they decided on it because it's one of their oldest statues.

Well, I am holding out for something better than this, perhaps 1/6 berserker armor w/full gore, etc.. something more along those lines.

Indeed, as Aaz has stated, this is a remake of the original 1/6 Guts Lost Children kit from way back in the day. That kit is limited to 200 pieces and quite hard to find on YJA, despite 200 being a pretty high number for a kit. I actually got this one painted almost a year ago, but haven't updated it on my website yet because I'm unhappy with the face. John did what he could, of course, but the sculpt of the face alone, is what killed it for me. Actually, Joa, (if you're reading this), I've been meaning to PM you about maybe commissioning you to resculpt the face for me. I'll contact you soon.

On a side note, this 1/6 Guts statue is TOTALLY BAD ASS, except for the horrible face, as mentioned above. It's a shame, because it really does spoil the entire figure. I truly hope that AOW went in and fixed the face up some for this new pre-painted release. I'm worried about the price though. The 1/6 Griffith was 70,000 yen. I don't really think I can afford another 70,000 yen right about now. That Zodd/Wyald one was killer.

DirectDK said:
.. but the sculpt of the face alone, is what killed it for me. Actually, Joa, (if you're reading this), I've been meaning to PM you about maybe commissioning you to resculpt the face for me.

Count me in.
We'll talk later :guts:

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Hey, I'm a "royal" customer since I got 2 emails. :ganishka: But seriously, the amount probablay be to high to make me pass.

On a totally different matter, what do you guys feel about buying direct from AOW? I kinda feel I overpaid on more than a few items. Every time I visit YJA and, sometimes, Ebay, I get sad and depress. :ganishka:

For ex, from June to Nov, I waited and waited for the Zodd III to pop up but none did. Then AOW had that 12th ANN sale so I jumped on it thinking the statue was super scarce and worth the money. Lo and behold, a few weeks later, the Zodd III started popping up like weeds on YJA and Ebay. If I had waited, would've gotten it for 1/3 of what I bought! My only consolation is mine is the re-painted version, but not by much.

Another one is some guy is selling his Guts: Blue Mantle on Ebay for $200 w/ BIN at $250 and is located in the US?

So, what I'm getting at is, are we suckers for buying direct? Seems like a lot of other folks are getting their stuffs much cheaper from somewhere else. I've seen Zodd III sold for 10,000-14,000 Yen. And I know about retailers getting stuff cheaper than us at "wholesales" but the differences are so out there.

Armored_Berserk said:
[br]I'll pass too. Not only because it's been done before but because I know it might be around the same price as the griffith. There's a $600 limit for me on berserk statues.

Didn't in another topic we discussed with a art of war rep. suggestions to create new statues that haven't been done before?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Well that is a super old sculpt.

True, but for the price it's going to cost and considering they probably had to rework on it to aggrandize it, you'd think they could have fixed the face. It's bad enough in 1/10, so in 1/6...

Aazealh said:
Honest to goodness, I'm laughing right now. :ganishka:

See, it starts with wings and before you know it, the faces are cubistic.

loool :ganishka:

The wings on Zodd are great :zodd:
In person it's better....but this gut's face... i don't believe that "in person" it will be better...

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Aazealh said:
True, but for the price it's going to cost and considering they probably had to rework on it to aggrandize it, you'd think they could have fixed the face. It's bad enough in 1/10, so in 1/6...

So true. Too bad they didn't try to make the face more representable. Plus, kinda surprising they didn't add any blood to the body.

G

Genome

Re-sculpt the face I don't think they will do this.

I thought that they reach the abyss of bad sculpting with the Guts Darka but I was far wrong :judo:

I check the original version, it has a normal face. Here is a picture from Kenji-kun blog

649_3.jpg

I join all others Royal member to say that pre-order an item without knowing the price is an aberration (including that we can't cancel the pre-order in that case). Also the problem of limited editions will be move 2 days before normal release (as most AOW customers must be foreigners).

Conclusion: a bad move from AOW on this commercial action done with a awful item. :puck:

DirectDK said:
I'm worried about the price though. The 1/6 Griffith was 70,000 yen. I don't really think I can afford another 70,000 yen right about now. That Zodd/Wyald one was killer.
[br]Exclusive Ver.1 “Statue type”(1/6 Scale, 28.5 cm (H) x 34.5cm (W) x 15.5 cm (D) base included) Attachment: Serial no.plate, bowgun: 60,000 Yen

Exclusive Ver.2 “Garage kit type” (1/6 scale, Non-coloring): 30,000 Yen

Who's going to get it?

Top Bottom