Full scale 7 ft. Dragonslayer replica I made For Sale.

UPDATE: The sword didn't sell on ebay and I'm not listing it again, But I will take bids/offers on here if anyone is interested...

Starting bid is $89.99
Shipping is $45.00 to anywhere within the US. Let me know if you're interested!

Payments accepted: Paypal

Hi, huge berserk fan here.. I have made 2 other Dragonslayers in the past, each a couple of years apart (both sold). I made them because I had fun making 'em, plus it's fun to mess around with a Dragonslayer. :ganishka: This is the 3rd & last one I made. It has been on display in my room for a little over 2 years now but since I'm trying to sort out all my stuff and save space I'm selling it.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/BERSERK-7FT-DRAGONSLAYER-SWORD-COSPLAY-ANIME-MANGA-GUTS_W0QQitemZ120372301611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120372301611&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Thanks for the help DirectDK, I appreciate it! And thanks for approving my sk.net account to whoever did it. :guts:
By the way, does a sk.net account get deleted if you don't log in for say 2 years or more?

Here are some pics because i know you guys would like em!
DS2-5.jpg

DS2-4.jpg

DS2-2.jpg

DS2-1.jpg

DS3.jpg

DS2.jpg

DS1.jpg

DS7.jpg

DS6.jpg

I have lots of other pics, even from the precious ones i made, but i think this should do it for now. :carcus:

I'll post the info from the page here for the people reading this after ebay deletes the page:

Up for bids this week is a full scale replica Dragonslayer sword from the anime Berserk! This is the sword that Guts uses in the anime and manga, it measure a total of 7ft & 3". The hilt and pommel measure 1ft. 3" and the blade measures 6ft. The widest part of the blade is 12.5" at the bottom and tapers to 9" at the top then tapers to a point. the blade is appox a little over an Inch thick. This Dragon slayer weighs only 7 pounds, but it will feel a bit heavier when held at the handle due to the balance difference. This Dragonslayer replica was made by me, I have made 2 other ones in the past that i sold on ebay, this one will most likely be the last one I make.

It can be shown as a display item or used for cosplay, or whatever you want. But there are a few things I should mention, this prop is not designed for full contact battle, also I don't think it can handle its weight if the pointed side is place on the ground. The last thing I should mention is that the handle is kinda off centered, it was something I didn't catch until it was too late, but I decided to finish the sword anyway, you can see the pictures for a better understanding. The core is a made of a 5ft copper tube that extends as the handle. Inside the blade is Styrofoam and it's covered with plastic sheets that I cut, heat bent, glued then painted with spray paint. This replica was built to be light weight and for a 7ft sword to be only 7 pounds, I must admit that I met that goal. Its a pretty difficult process to make this replica so I wont get into all the details. There may be some bumps here and there but you can see what it looks like in the pictures. Since it is hand made please don't expect total perfection as there may be some scratches and unevenness in the plastic.

It took me a couple of weeks to finish this prop due to planning, research, measuring, cutting, shaping, gluing, painting, etc... so that reflects the starting price.

Due to the huge size the shipping cost is what's shown (it will only be shipped within the USA). Since it may bounce around during shipping you may have to do a couple of simple touch-ups with "5 minute epoxy" once it arrives. Good luck and have fun bidding! ^_^

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Full size 7 ft. Dragonslayer replica I made For Sale.

Hey there, welcome!

virulentshuriken said:
And thanks for approving my sk.net account to whoever did it. :guts:

No problem, and sorry for the delay.

virulentshuriken said:
By the way, does a sk.net account get deleted if you don't log in for say 2 years or more?

Nope. Why do you ask? You had an old account you couldn't find?

virulentshuriken said:
The hilt and handle measure 1ft. 3" and the blade measures 6ft.

It's a nice piece but I have to say that I find the hilt a tad short! Still, I'm sure it'll sell in no time. Good luck with the auction. :guts:

Aazealh said:
Hey there, welcome!
Thanks!

Aazealh said:
Nope. Why do you ask? You had an old account you couldn't find?
Something like that, but I don't need it anymore since I have this new one. :^)

Aazealh said:
It's a nice piece but I have to say that I find the hilt a tad short! Still, I'm sure it'll sell in no time. Good luck with the auction. :guts:
I see, thanks for the tip! Im always open to suggestions, so you guys can feel free to let me know.

The problem is, the Dragonslayer looks a bit different every time its drawn, and I think each figure has it slightly different as well. But the good thing is, if I ever make another one in the future I can make it to any specs I wanted.

Right now the hilt is 12" or 1 ft (not including the pommel). I think 21" or 1.75 ft. for the hilt might be good, what do you think? Also do you think the Blade measurements are fine?

So if I made one where the hilt is 21", pommel is 3", and blade is 6ft.. the total length would be 8 ft. I wonder if that would be more accurate...

BTW is there a way to edit your posts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

virulentshuriken said:
Something like that, but I don't need it anymore since I have this new one. :^)

Alright then. :serpico:

virulentshuriken said:
I see, thanks for the tip! Im always open to suggestions, so you guys can feel free to let me know.

The problem is, the Dragonslayer looks a bit different every time its drawn, and I think each figure has it slightly different as well. But the good thing is, if I ever make another one in the future I can make it to any specs I wanted.

That's true, and Miura actually drew it pretty short until around volume 20. Nowadays it's longer. :guts:

virulentshuriken said:
BTW is there a way to edit your posts?

Sure, click the "Modify" button at the top right corner of your post.

Aazealh said:
Sure, click the "Modify" button at the top right corner of your post.
Thanks, I knew I was overlooking it.

Also i just remembered something... The posing pictures with the Dragonslayer are from the 2nd one I made... all of the other pictures are from the 3rd one which is the one for sale now, and its handle is actually a few inches longer.. you can see it in the pictures. I forgot i made it longer on the 3rd one since i made it a long time ago. I'll add this info to the auction i guess.

(I don't have a camera at the moment so i couldn't get pictures of it with a person.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

virulentshuriken said:
Also i just remembered something... The posing pictures with the Dragonslayer are from the 2nd one I made... all of the other pictures are from the 3rd one which is the one for sale now, and its handle is actually a few inches longer.. you can see it in the pictures.

Exact, looking at it again, it's noticeable.

virulentshuriken said:
Thanks for the help DirectDK, I appreciate it!

Haha no problem man. G'luck with the auction. Looks like half a day left!!! Time's a tickin'!

Top Bottom