Not a Poll: Most screwed up Berserk character.

Medea

Control, control, you must learn control!
I don't know if this has been done before because I just made this account today after skimming through some of the conversation, but nevertheless, I'm interested in what you guys have to say about this:

*ahem*

Of all the nutso characters in the manga, it is in my opinion that Farneeze takes the cake. I mean, this girl is really just naturally fucked up and really has no reason to be so other than bad genes probably due to the insestuous nature of her noble heritage. Serpico is a close second for putting up with her perveted hobbies and constant mood swings (even worse than Caska's, and I assume she's not on her period all the time) on his own accord. Gatts is messed up, but he at least manages to keep a grip on himself most of the time, and considering all he's been through, he certainly could be a lot worse if it wasn't for his incredible will.

When it comes down to it, Farneeze is a scared, spiteful, spoiled little girl that gets off by burning people, but I have hope that we're soon going to see a psychological breakthrough after she follows Gatts around long enough -- of course, knowing Gatts, she could get a lot worse.

Medea

Re:poll: Most screwed up Berserk character.

Oh right, I should start a poll. Don't patronize me, I'm new here. All these different message board thingies are complicated for me.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I'd almost say you're patronizing yourself, but that would be rude of me.

Oh well, On topic, The most screwed up character is probably Guts, as he teeters between the man he was before the eclipse and the Beast. He seems rather unstable.

Medea

You're right, that would be rude. It's a good thing you didn't say that.

I change my mind anyway, I forgot about Mozgus. He's really crazy.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Yeah, I don't think anyone can be very sane after what Guts has been through. My vote goes to him too.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Define "sanity" ;D ;D.Just joking...I wouldn't say Gatsu is actually
insane.He's actually quite lucid.He knows a lot more than your average
joe about the way the world really works.He's been one of the only humans
to really be in touch with reality-as horrible as that reality may be-after he survived the Eclipse.He knows,to some degree,what he's up against.For all
those reasons I really don't think he can be labeled as insane,even though I'll
agree his mind is filled with many dark things.But hey,considering all that he had to go through,that's fairly rational,after all... ;)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Well, maybe sanity isn't quite the right word for it. I mean, Guts is the one who's pretty much been through terrible things since birth (his mother, Shizu, Donovan, the Eclipse, Casca's insanity, etc., etc.) And now he has the Beast in his head. Lucid or not, Guts is pretty screwed up just from everything he's had to experience.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
kimchan said:
Well, maybe sanity isn't quite the right word for it. I mean, Guts is the one who's pretty much been through terrible things since birth (his mother, Shizu, Donovan, the Eclipse, Casca's insanity, etc., etc.) And now he has the Beast in his head. Lucid or not, Guts is pretty screwed up just from everything he's had to experience.

Agreed.

D

Drachenfels

You still haven't seen through this shell of happiness and joy he displays to the world?

Top Bottom