God of War III

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
New trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45513.html

Looks nice, but it feels much like the previous games to me. Not much renewal.

I've always liked the story better then the gameplay. So much like the last two games, I'm going to watch this on youtube.

Edit: Anyways, for the most part I've always thought the biggest draw for people to this game were the bosses. The combat itself was fun, but would get old really fast. Especially in the first game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I thought the story was cool enough in the first game, though it was a bit hard not to frown at the liberties they took with Greek mythology at times. In the second game however I didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Like you said, I think the scenery and the bosses are what appeal to me the most in that series. The way it feels epic. Anyway, I hope this new episode will be more than just a sequel in the same mold.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Like you said, I think the scenery and the bosses are what appeals to me the most in that series. The way it feels epic. Anyway, I hope this new episode will be more than just a sequel in the same mold.

The scenery is great in the game, I wish more games put that much detail into their games like GOW's team does. The biggest problem is how the game gets old really fast. I remember playing GOW 1, and set it down after playing for about 30 minutes. Same with GOW 2. Unless 3 comes over to the 360 [not going to happen] I'm not going to play it, however I'm going to watch it on youtube like I always do.

SK3LL said:
The developers made some gameplay changes. But more or less it God of War just on PS3.

Probably why it felt like I played GOW 2 already.

As a big God Of War fan I am definitely geared for the third one, Still I really puzzled about the end as to weather or not the Titans can be 100% trusted or weather or not Kratos will turn on them and rule Olympus by his own savage hand.

I liked GOW3 alot, one of my favorite video game endings as well.
Not to mention the awesome fight with that one legendary hero :guts:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Well, I thought the story was cool enough in the first game, though it was a bit hard not to frown at the liberties they took with Greek mythology at times. In the second game however I didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Like you said, I think the scenery and the bosses are what appeal to me the most in that series. The way it feels epic. Anyway, I hope this new episode will be more than just a sequel in the same mold.

That's funny, I've heard from all my friends who've played them that the second is a lot more enjoyable than the first.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
That's funny, I've heard from all my friends who've played them that the second is a lot more enjoyable than the first.

Well then I guess your friends are wrong. :void:

I don't know, maybe it's because the second game was just more of the same, but I wasn't as impressed with it.

slan69 said:
So who said yes to Aphrodite. :carcus:

I did more than once too. It's funny if you do it enough times the girls watching will start saying "Oh this is definitely for adults only! And adults should not have their children view this at all." I laughed cause it's such a literal adult content warning within the scene.

Who didn't like the ending? I was dissatisfied with it and was expecting more closure. Too many questions left unexplained. For instance:

that one line Zeus says where he tells Gaia she should've chosen the "other" one(I think he may have been speaking about Kratos' supposed brother. It was mentioned in GOW1 in the extras somewhere...or was it GOW2? How he had a brother that was in Hades plotting to get back at Kratos or what not And the pool of Kratos' blood tracing towards the edge of the ledge....I want to know for certain if he died or not. Plus how did humans survive all that chaos? What happens with Athena?

All these things didn't leave me feeling like this was a good ending for this saga. I know they plan on starting the series again later on.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
ori said:
that one line Zeus says where he tells Gaia she should've chosen the "other" one(I think he may have been speaking about Kratos' supposed brother. It was mentioned in GOW1 in the extras somewhere...or was it GOW2? How he had a brother that was in Hades plotting to get back at Kratos or what not And the pool of Kratos' blood tracing towards the edge of the ledge....I want to know for certain if he died or not. Plus how did humans survive all that chaos? What happens with Athena?

The other one is hinted at being Kratos' brother, when you're in The Underworld you find several letters asking Hades to be given a chance to fight Kratos. Most likly, GOW3 isn't the last in the series, but just the last in this chapter of the story. This makes a lot of sense seeing how once Hades' death his minions are still trying to kill you.

Edit: I don't know if Kratos is alive, but he has died how many times already only to come back?

Top Bottom