REAL Musashi facts! ...or not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This must be the kind of information I skipped over in that detailed biography. Was this during that hazy period between his duel with Kojiro and his samurai status?

I do remember reading once that Musashi was also responsible for popularizing other aspects of Japanese culture, such as sushi, rice balls and geishas.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Miyamoto Musashi did not bathe, to avoid being taken by surprise in the act!

Shane said:
Musashi opened his own hotel chain: http://www.vagabondinn.com/
his success in the business world is so often overlooked
When I first read this post that Shane brought up I instantly thought it was a Inn in Japan. ( Seriously in America!?) :ganishka:

Walter said:
Holy crap. We should sue for copyright infringement! :badbone:
:ganishka:

Griffith

slan69 said:
When I first read this post that Shane brought up I instantly thought it was a Inn in Japan. ( Seriously in America!?) :ganishka:

Oh yeah, I've seen them even in the town of my birth. They're logo is even their name under a little sun on it; truly invincible! =)

logo_home3.gif

Musashi wouldn't have enjoyed staying in one though, he preferred to live outside of comfort and even spent the last two years of his life living in a cave!

Volume 24:
See episode #207: "Afternoon Nap" for an allusion to this, as well as the origin of our own Vagabond Inn's logo!

Griffith

Miyamoto Musashi possessed super-human speed, could walk on air and water or just fly through the clouds. He could also hurl men 5 feet backwards, which doesn't seem as impressive as those other feats, though still something to keep in mind.

Top Bottom