Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

257a.gif

257b.gif

Google Translate said:
Posters for some time to do a variety of color illustrations Deadline staged a mishmash, and it required a series of tough, hard.
Library books, but also in the form you received in the world rewarding surely to dawn, so until that time - GANBARIMASU.

Takehiko Inoue

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

Wow...

Some of the panels are just beautiful. A nice focus on Takuan for the second part of the chapter. And, Musashi holds a stick!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Indeed it is beautifully drawn, too bad the image quality is that of Walter's special edition of Berserk #181. :ganishka:

vol.gif

no_drafta.gif

no_drafta.gif

Google Translate said:
BAGA out at the end of Volume 11 of 29 in parallel with work to do this column. I drew the cover. This feels a bit strange - and may get you excited. On the other hand, this column is modified plus two minutes left to talk.
Only one book will be a lot of pages from the book to work and to this day have already determined the number of pages, bound around on the contents and to draw, I feel a little bit different. The pressure is slightly better.

Takehiko Inoue

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Some truly beautiful panels, again.

One page in particular will shine out from the crowd. Hair-pulling and all.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

It is cool, but I'm actually a bigger fan of the pages just before that.

vol.gif

259a.gif

259b.gif

Deadline for the remaining hours before or by how much will depend on a number draw, so there is not time to an extreme case, the old painting was frustrated by the焦TTA out to be rough. It is also the stress that is calmer than before and some violent images have also decreased. Has increased the number to go yet. Each will be forced to last-minute progress in some of the hardened heart. Do not really going to last-minute go by is the best, but there is a足RAN training.

Takehiko Inoue

vol.gif

no_drafta.gif

no_drafta.gif

Google Translate said:
Vagabond who's responsible combination of two editors, was the predecessor of the two men, both of the pair's initials are the S and M's.
Well, this time by 29 minutes MATOMARIMASHITA volume. Since the end of November you will look forward to.

Takehiko Inoue

Current Episodes Thread

This is one of those episodes were things just aren't clear without some SK.net quality translations. Heck I'd settle for a summary at this point. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

I haven't been following Vagabond regularly for about 6 months now. Is Inoue on a break currently? I haven't seen much discussion of recent episodes, and his website seems even less informative than normal.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

vol.gif

261a.gif

261b.gif

Google translate said:
We have conversations with Mr. Oda Eiichirou one-piece last Sunday.
He got a life to continue rowing at the forefront of the hardships of Shonen Jump.
And there is a depiction of a coincidence, but even now回船.

Inoue Takehiko

Current Episodes Thread

I thought it was due in January, my mistake. It looks to be a heavy Matahachi episode, but I hope I'm wrong and it focuses more on Kojiro's little stunt.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Very interesting episode.

They're finally on the fucking boat!! ... wait a minute...

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

"Preview" for Vagabond 262
volkh2.gif

262atq8.gif

262bam4.gif

Babelfish for the.... win?

[quote author=Inoue Takehiko on the Web]

Serialization of cartoon after all did not overstrain and the work no shelf ~ which the [te] is not good being popular and, this week felt freshly.

[/quote]

Such a tease! I can hardly wait!!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Haha, good God man, use Google translate, sometimes it even half makes sense.

Interesting, I suppose Kojiro is going somewhere to get a job, leaving Mushi to his own devices... I can't tell from the translations, but I wouldn't be surprised if they both ended up in Edo, though I wouldn't mind a separation for Musashi to do his own thing. I'm curious as to when Gonnosuke will re-enter the picture.

Kojiro's happy boat ride... 1 ep without Mushi and I miss him already. =)

vol.gif

263a.gif

263b.gif

Google translate said:
I draw the line in the brush, I have many things in that time.
Wants a picture or whatever, as well as health, mental state, with no time left, about the confidence
, Seaweed, and so on. Volume before the "Comics" just after a number of paintings depicting large, bold and D (also known as miscellaneous) Although the line, the series is the first to pen a little delicate. As far as the thoughts of our readers will feel the difference, such as commuting to clear up. KAWAIKUNAKU said it was the first bold brush, said first brush was a cute and delicate.
Oh yeah yeah.

Inoue Takehiko

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Glad to see Inoue is back in the saddle. Feels as if this break was forever long. :sad:

As always, it's difficult to tell, but it appears someone is getting stoned by villagers. Based on a few of the panels, this looks like a Matahachi chapter, too. Which can be good or bad news.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Sorry -- no Matahachi in this chapter, Wally.

However, the weirdness shown in the previews does occur. A certain someone does climb up a mast and yells "WAAAAAAA!". Yeah.. aside from that, it's more of A Yoshioka Christmas Carol in Prose, Being an Ueda Ghost Story of Christmas. This time, Ueda plays the Ghost of Christmas Past -- showing Otsu all kinds of things that Mushi-kun was up to when he could walk. My favourite panel has to be this one... so perfectly gruesome:

grimuedaaz8.jpg

Current Episodes Thread

i still can't figure it out if vagabond has re-started again, or we have only a few pages of ch. 261,262 and 263 names. . . and if they're just the names, when the serialization is goin to restart?
thank you guys!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

This was quite a fantastic episode in every sense of the word. Very cool, very strange. I remember Sparnage and others already taking issue with some of the supernatural/spiritual elements. Well, Inoue's really pushing the envelope here. Ueda "Freddie Krueger" Ryohei attacking Musashi where he's not invincible, in Otsu's dreams! Assaulting and kidnapping an innocent woman's spirit in her bed? Ueda's not a spook, he's a creep! What's fascinating is it's not unlike what we see in Berserk with spirits and out of body experiences; like, it didn't even really hit me how strange it was until now because... I'm used to it, funny as that is.

Anyway, as I alluded to and Uriel's picture exemplifies, Ueda makes for quite the good unfriendly, and hypocritical, ghost, and it's always interesting to see more of the fallout of Musashi's 70 man onslaught (though it was actually more like 80, more on that later). Not to mention a Horikawa sighting, though a sad one. Looking forward to Otsu's response to the stark realities of Musashi's life, and if she'll appeal to him about it as Takuan already has.

mecreddie said:
i still can't figure it out if vagabond has re-started again, or we have only a few pages of ch. 261,262 and 263 names. . . and if they're just the names, when the serialization is goin to restart?
thank you guys!

Serialization indeed resumed with 261 a couple of weeks ago, and hopefully we can expect a steady diet of Vagabond until 269. Does that clear things up or am I missing something?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 武蔵  already said what I came here to say. Since I'd taken a rather long break from reading Vagabond, the supernatural elements here didn't stick out to me at all. I was, however, instantly reminded of Schierke when I saw how Inoue portrayed the ghostly stuff.

Death has really not served Ueda well. He's truly become a ghoul. I mean, obviously the guy's final moments of life weren't exactly grand, and he's now possessed by revenge, but this is almost out of character for the man who was once the guiding light of the Yoshioka. Spiritnapping Otsu just to attempt to turn her against Musashi is about as low as it gets. And here' the thing... Otsu should already at this point be keenly aware of the path Musashi is on. She was there for the literal disembowelment of Denshichiro. What could Ueda show her now that she wasn't already prepared for?

I guess I'll just have to wait for a translation to really understand the intentions of Ueda, and the validity of his plan.

Current Episodes Thread

宮本 武蔵 said:
Serialization indeed resumed with 261 a couple of weeks ago, and hopefully we can expect a steady diet of Vagabond until 269. Does that clear things up or am I missing something?

I see, it's just that i still can't find the episodes online and i thought there were just some skretches!
thanx man ;)

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
I was, however, instantly reminded of Schierke when I saw how Inoue portrayed the ghostly stuff.

I know, I half expect Ueda's and Otsu's souls to bump into Schierke and Farnese flying around, and Kojiro to run into Roderick's ship on the high seas. Even Ueda's explanation of why he hasn't left the world is consistent with Berserk. It's like a spiritual crossover is happening, if in the next episode of Berserk Ganishka has a 20 page childhood flashback and the Hawk of Light is represented by abstract brushstrokes, we'll know our dream of Inoue and Miura switching series for a week has come true.

BTW, Kojiro and Casca would make a great couple. "Aau?" "Aau!"

Walter said:
Death has really not served Ueda well. He's truly become a ghoul. I mean, obviously the guy's final moments of life weren't exactly grand, and he's now possessed by revenge, but this is almost out of character for the man who was once the guiding light of the Yoshioka.

Upon second glance, Otsu said something to him before closing her eyes, which possibly provoked him into action. So, perhaps his motives aren't calculated at all, but a genuine reaction to open her eyes and set her straight. More on that below...

Walter said:
Spiritnapping Otsu just to attempt to turn her against Musashi is about as low as it gets. And here' the thing... Otsu should already at this point be keenly aware of the path Musashi is on. She was there for the literal disembowelment of Denshichiro. What could Ueda show her now that she wasn't already prepared for?

I don't know about that, although she's been present for the aftermath since childhood, one could see Otsu as having turned somewhat of a blind eye towards the consequences of Musashi's existence. Sure, she was at the duel with Den, but she literally closed her eyes to it. Whether that was simply because she couldn't bear to see something possibly happen to Musashi or not, it's systemic of the blinders she wears when it comes to him and the sword. It's always just been about them to her, and her acceptance of the sword has always been passive, she's said herself that she simply doesn't understand the way of the sword, and she's certainly never had it thrown in her face like this (the closest thing would be her own contrast of Musashi and Yagyu). If her understanding was something of a blank slate before, Ueda's now doing his best to shape that understanding with his point of view. Whatever he said, whether it was warning about or for Musashi, it had her in tears.

mecreddie said:
I see, it's just that i still can't find the episodes online and i thought there were just some skretches!
thanx man ;)

You're welcome, looking forward to seeing you around the Inn.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

I wonder where is Ueda taking Otsu after this? He was offering his hand as if to say "follow me" or "come with me".Farther into the past or the aftermath of the battle.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yes, I'm wondering what exactly is going on there as well. Is he offering simply to show her more, or is something more sinister afoot?

Can anyone translate the title of this episode? I know you have the volume, Uriel, but here's the title for everyone's convenience:

256.jpg

Uriel said:
Anyway, looks like the Prison arc continues for now. Looking forward to it (should be a darn sight shorted than the Prison Arc in Blade of the Immortal..)
Still a long way to go for that, but 6 months later and he's still in prison.
mushi.gif

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

武蔵: is the kanji for koe or voice.

宮本 武蔵 said:
Still a long way to go for that, but 6 months later and he's still in prison.

That's true, but once we start reaching the point where it has consumed ⅔ of the manga... that will be the time to fret.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Well, even in his ghoulish state, I don't think Ueda would cause any harm to come to Otsu. He's not leading her to his ghostly apartment for some Patrick Swayze/Demi Moore action or anything  :carcus:

It's probably just a cue that they're going to continue their illusion journey.

Also, I was looking through the series over the weekend and realized just how many incidents with spirit interaction there have been. Of course, there's Mushi seeing Inshun directly after their duel and Mushi's recurring visions and conversations with his father. And as recently as the guy Kojiro was dueling with seeing the old man who sent him back from the afterlife.

There certainly are more, and I'm wishing now that I'd written them all down... I still feel somewhat of a noob with Vagabond, even though I've been reading the Viz editions for 5 years.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
武蔵: is the kanji for koe or voice.

Ahh, that makes a ton of sense, thanks again, Uriel.

Uriel said:
That's true, but once we start reaching the point where it has consumed ⅔ of the manga... that will be the time to fret.

Wally and I are wondering how much longer the series is going to go actually. I think Inoue's bitten off more than he can chew if he wants to end it soon, but Wally has a feeling...

Walter said:
I was looking through the series over the weekend and realized just how many incidents with spirit interaction there have been. Of course, there's Mushi seeing Inshun directly after their duel and Mushi's recurring visions and conversations with his father. And as recently as the guy Kojiro was dueling with seeing the old man who sent him back from the afterlife.

Yeah, previously these spiritual encounters were always more vague, abstract, and fleeting. Open to interpretation, where Musashi's sense of it could be just as much be a manifestation of the feelings in his head as something he's experiencing externally. For example, when Musashi was confronted by his father, I don't know that it was literally his father's ghost (though it doesn't matter), just like I am sure Musashi didn't actually transform into himself as a child at that time. Even Ueda's first ghostly appearance behind Musashi felt like it was just as much in the back of his mind than the back of the room.

With this Otsu example, the lines are much less blurred; she didn't know Ueda, never even saw him, but he's talking to her, directly alluding to being a ghost haunting the joint, and is now even taking her on spirit journeys. Of course, whether that's literally true, or still just something figuratively haunting Otsu and her dreams in the form of Ueda for the reader's benefit, is still open to interpretation. Enough to keep the mystique, anyway.

Walter said:
There certainly are more, and I'm wishing now that I'd written them all down... I still feel somewhat of a noob with Vagabond, even though I've been reading the Viz editions for 5 years.

I know how you feel, that's why we need to keep plugging away in here. As with Berserk, I feel much smarter about it after reading and writing some posts analyzing it, and relatively speaking, our knowledge of Vagabond is still very undernourished in that regard. Speaking of that and writing down the spiritual encounters of the series, it sounds like you've got a good idea for a new thread topic. =)

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

"Preview" for Vagabond 264
vol.gif

264a.gif

264b.gif

And the Google translations:

GETAKU when the name was created to encourage one another to inspire yourself叱咤.
Opportunity, in a notebook when you are suffering from the name "to" I think that is something I can write it.
From the unconscious may have previously been, I dare to do consciously.
Specifically, whether state or any one, or how to do this over the wall, and ideas into words (but出SAN voice) and try out.
My role is to give his name and is separated with a touch.
After that little time is about 5 minutes, and a little easier mentally and continues since.

Yeah, I don't think that's too accurate.

I believe he's actually saying that he was running away from the story board, but he gave himself a "pep talk" to cheer himself up. Also, Inoue says that when the storyboard was giving him trouble, he had written down "I/You can do it!" in his note book to remind himself that he could handle it...

Anyway, looks like Ueda continues to haunt Otsu (though with a couple more "Oh, I can do this too!" moments). Also, Musashi goes back to swinging the old stick around. I suppose he realised a rolling stone gathers no moss, finally. Speaking of -- keep rolling them out, Inoue!

Top Bottom