Author Topic: SK.Net's Mass Gamer Tag Thread  (Read 5920 times)

Offline Miracles

Re: SK.Net's Mass Gamer Tag Thread
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Steam: Jim_056

I mostly play Singleplayer games, but as for Co-op/Multiplayer, I am fond of Red Orchestra 2, Space Marine, and a few others at the moment.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »
Mine is still oberi88 (xbox). Btw did anyone have an opinion on the new dashboard? I love it. All the apps that they are coming out with are making it better. I just got my facebook on there and netflix as well as my fios tv so I can't watch those channels in hd now. Also coming soon is HBO go which I really think will be sweet for subscribers like meself.

Offline frankencowx

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!

Altered Beast?? Yes please! I used to hit that game all the time in the arcade when I was a wee-un.

And yeah,

PSN: frankencowx
Steam: frankencowx

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
I picked up Tekken 6 yesterday and I've never played any Tekken before. I played with all the female characters so far and it's either me or the game play is sort of 'static'. I definitely am not the kind to press 4/5 buttons and do extensive combos but I've been spoilt by the KOF series of old.

Anyway, my PSN name is (pretty original >_>' ... not) ... Piraan.

EDIT: I have a Steam account but I barely play any games on there, I don't know my user name : p ... will find out!
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline frankencowx

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »
I picked up Tekken 6 yesterday and I've never played any Tekken before. I played with all the female characters so far and it's either me or the game play is sort of 'static'. I definitely am not the kind to press 4/5 buttons and do extensive combos but I've been spoilt by the KOF series of old.

What makes it static? Tekken 6 has 43 characters, some of which have over 100 techniques. Check the movelists. No match is ever really the same. You won't find shoryuken/crack shoot spam if you learn the characters.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
I have not played with all the characters so far, just female characters. I looked up YouTube for some techniques and found these 2 videos -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3cRbxfCKU&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FZlrIHOylo

Still unimpressive. By static I meant general moves weren't as fun as I thought it would be. I've played a lot of KOF (94 till 2002) and the game play on there is pretty good, at least to me. From what I can see on those YouTube videos I'll have to learn to press a bunch of buttons separately to make anything interesting happen. I guess it's a preference thing. The game play on series (and their sequels/ different versions) like Last Blade, Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, KOF, Art Of Fighting, Breakers and a few others I can't remember have a different feel/ charm to them. While Tekken may be argued to be more realistic, I personally have a lot of fun with those other games. At work, gotta jet!
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.