SK.Net's Mass Gamer Tag Thread

Steam: Jim_056

I mostly play Singleplayer games, but as for Co-op/Multiplayer, I am fond of Red Orchestra 2, Space Marine, and a few others at the moment.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Mine is still oberi88 (xbox). Btw did anyone have an opinion on the new dashboard? I love it. All the apps that they are coming out with are making it better. I just got my facebook on there and netflix as well as my fios tv so I can't watch those channels in hd now. Also coming soon is HBO go which I really think will be sweet for subscribers like meself.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
risefromgrave.gif
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!

Altered Beast?? Yes please! I used to hit that game all the time in the arcade when I was a wee-un.

And yeah,

PSN: frankencowx
Steam: frankencowx

I picked up Tekken 6 yesterday and I've never played any Tekken before. I played with all the female characters so far and it's either me or the game play is sort of 'static'. I definitely am not the kind to press 4/5 buttons and do extensive combos but I've been spoilt by the KOF series of old.

Anyway, my PSN name is (pretty original >_>' ... not) ... Piraan.

EDIT: I have a Steam account but I barely play any games on there, I don't know my user name : p ... will find out!

IncantatioN said:
I picked up Tekken 6 yesterday and I've never played any Tekken before. I played with all the female characters so far and it's either me or the game play is sort of 'static'. I definitely am not the kind to press 4/5 buttons and do extensive combos but I've been spoilt by the KOF series of old.

What makes it static? Tekken 6 has 43 characters, some of which have over 100 techniques. Check the movelists. No match is ever really the same. You won't find shoryuken/crack shoot spam if you learn the characters.

I have not played with all the characters so far, just female characters. I looked up YouTube for some techniques and found these 2 videos -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3cRbxfCKU&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FZlrIHOylo

Still unimpressive. By static I meant general moves weren't as fun as I thought it would be. I've played a lot of KOF (94 till 2002) and the game play on there is pretty good, at least to me. From what I can see on those YouTube videos I'll have to learn to press a bunch of buttons separately to make anything interesting happen. I guess it's a preference thing. The game play on series (and their sequels/ different versions) like Last Blade, Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, KOF, Art Of Fighting, Breakers and a few others I can't remember have a different feel/ charm to them. While Tekken may be argued to be more realistic, I personally have a lot of fun with those other games. At work, gotta jet!

Top Bottom