just a thought

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
walter,

how about you'd use tiny beherits for the ranking?

green ones for normal users and crimsons for admins, probably.
imo that would look cool.

you could also use a special colour for Olvier...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Walter said:
I did it. What do you guys think?
wow. that was quick. looks pretty good.
yet i think they are a bit too big. it'd probably look better if they are smaller.
and i don't like that green. it looks a bit like vomit.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
trapped_soul said:
Walter said:
I did it. What do you guys think?
wow. that was quick. looks pretty good.
yet i think they are a bit too big. it'd probably look better if they are smaller.
and i don't like that green. it looks a bit like vomit.
i think the size is ok but i agree that the colour sucks!

@trapped_soul: good idea!

puella

Berserk forever
I love these beherits.
When I'm hungry and crazy at the same time, it looks like a potato or chocolate chip to me.
and it also looks like a rock when I'm full ;D

**umm, walter this is my long-time thought.
how about making ranking status more?
We have 5 levels now. I think this is not enough to cover post accounts getting more.
I'd suggest making 5 status more.

500-700
701-1000
1001-1500
1501-2000
2001-3000 :eek:

think about the future ;)

** but I don't mind AS ALWAYS even if you don't consider my suggestion at all. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking the same thing since I implemented the Beherit's as stars... So I took your advice, even though I think these numbers are a bit high... there is indeed the future! 8) I just don't want to push posters like Kuroi-san to keep posting major BS just to advance their status...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
had the same idea, puella. i was going to post it almost at the same time.

i don't think the numbers are that high, it's cool, if there's a rank that seems impossible to reach.

Walter said:
I just don't want to push posters like Kuroi-san to keep posting major BS just to advance their status...
yeah, that's something you have to consider...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
trapped_soul said:
had the same idea, puella. i was going to post it almost at the same time.

i don't think the numbers are that high, it's cool, if there's a rank that seems impossible to reach.
so u talk bout the Administrator rank!?

btw i like the proposition of Puella but i don t think that she selected too high numbers of posts;
yet i d like to have even more different ranks(rank up every 250th post)!

maybe just different colours of beherits or for ex.:when u level up u get an apostle or member of the hawk or just any character as little comic fígure to collect them or anything?!
just a thought! :p

what i wanted to say is that havin only these green beherits is kind of boring...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
maybe just different colours of beherits or for ex.:when u level up u get an apostle or member of the hawk or just any character as little comic fígure to collect them or anything?!
just a thought!

very nice idea, man. i like it.
and you're absolutely right, having nothing but those green beherits is a bit boring. i like your idea!
hope we don't drive walter nuts with that ^_^

btw:
please wally, just give it a try and make those beherits smaller.
it'll look better. trust me. give it a try at least, and see if you like it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
very nice idea, man. i like it.
and you're absolutely right, having nothing but those green beherits is a bit boring. i like your idea!
hope we don't drive walter nuts with that ^_^

I just don't think you understand the implications of what you're asking. This isn't some magic piece of drawing paper where you can just say: "change that to this!". It's simply not that easy. There was MAD code involved in just giving the board 3 more ranks, much less asigning a specific image to each rank. I'll look into it, but I just don't think its really...worth it.
btw:
please wally, just give it a try and make those beherits smaller.
it'll look better. trust me. give it a try at least, and see if you like it.
I experimented, if they were smaller, they're hardly even discernable as Beherits.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Walter said:
I just don't think you understand the implications of what you're asking. This isn't some magic piece of drawing paper where you can just say: "change that to this!". It's simply not that easy. There was MAD code involved in just giving the board 3 more ranks, much less asigning a specific image to each rank. I'll look into it, but I just don't think its really...worth it.
you're absolutely right. i don't have a clue about how much inconvenience it is for you to apply that stuff to the board.

i just mention whatever idea comes to my mind. some ideas may be useful and easy to realize while some might be nice, but - how you said - just not worth the amount of time you have to put into it.
anyway, it's a great pity that changing things on the board is always involved with a lot of trouble. why can't those guys think of a system that's easier to handle??

I experimented, if they were smaller, they're hardly even discernable as Beherits.
oh really?

edit: the colour of the beherits is much better now.

Top Bottom