Guin Saga animated

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
If any of the members are curious about The Guin Saga, one of the inspirations for Berserk. Here's a pic of the anime debuting in April in Japan.
I have just read the first 4 books, so I don't know what to make of the anime,but it looks kinda lame to me. I found on their website that Nobou Uematsu is doing the music for the series

http://www.guinsaga.net/special/movie.html

^
why does it look lame?
For Guin Saga, I wouldn't want a CG Advent Children style anime. If it's like Fire and Ice but with better animation sequences (Nekron's scream sequence was like watching someone having a seizure but the rest was pretty good), I think it might be okay. The most important thing will be keeping the story, characters and plot elements true to the original story. If they can do that, I think it'll be decent. If nothing else, it might be successful enough that more of the books will be translated to english. :carcus:

As long as it's not generic looking like Blade of the Immortal, it still has a chance.

Nobou Uematsu? that's fucking awesome! :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I guess my choice of words was poor there when I said "lame" I would say more mediocre. I guess I can't say much if I haven't seen it, it was just my first impression. I have to wait and find out. Uetmatsu is a good pick for music, he hasn't dissapointed many with his choices.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I actually couldn't get the link on that site to work, but I found it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmu19f97lc

It looks well done to me. The animation quality is pretty top notch compared so... oh, I dunno, BERSERK. Though I think I'm a little too old to really appreciate a series like this. I'm still glad it's being given a good treatment, and a more wide audience than just the novels.

And with Uematsu on board, who knows... BIG HIT!  :isidro:     :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
If nothing else, it might be successful enough that more of the books will be translated to english.

Assuming this gets released outside of Japan in the first place.

Ramen4ever said:
As long as it's not generic looking like Blade of the Immortal, it still has a chance.

Well, it does look like a generic Japanese anime to me.

Walter said:
The animation quality is pretty top notch compared so... oh, I dunno, BERSERK.

Hahaha, to be honest, that's not very difficult.

Yeah, thanks for posting that Walter. The link didn't work for me either. So far it looks decent. I'm not too fond of the super punches and stuff but whatever.

I think I might give it a chance.

VICTORIOUS march said:
looks awesome to me.. i wonder how long the anime will run.

They're only doing the first few volumes.

I have written 128 volumes so far, but the animation is based on the first few volumes only

I'm not sure how many episodes the first few volumes would take.

A

avidwriter

128... I thought that was a typo so I looked it up, I found info on 124. Damn that really sounds like it has a lot of filler. I mean I like Berserk and all but I don't want to see Berserk get over 100.

Johnstantine said:
I don't think Miura would live long enough to make it to 100 volumes :schnoz:

Maybe not... let's see, Berserk started (excluding prototype) 1989. Prototype in 88. About 34 volumes in 20 years.
Right now he's 42. he'll be 43 on July 11th. At that rate there would be about 68 volumes when he's 63. 82 volumes at 83. And 100 volumes when he's about 94. Give or take ( I did it in my head, I might be off by a few years, bite me). The life expectancy in Japan in 2007 for men was 78.56 years old.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17406997/
And it's rising.

Not that any of it matters. Still, kind of puts it in perspective for the people who are worried that Miura is going to die soon for some unknown reason. He could double the total volumes in Berserk and still be under the life expectancy rate. :slan:
As for making it to 100 volumes. I don't think he cares about numbers. The stories done when it's done.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
128... I thought that was a typo so I looked it up, I found info on 124. Damn that really sounds like it has a lot of filler. I mean I like Berserk and all but I don't want to see Berserk get over 100.
Johnstantine said:
I don't think Miura would live long enough to make it to 100 volumes :schnoz:
Ramen4ever said:
Maybe not... let's see, Berserk started (excluding prototype) 1989. Prototype in 88. About 34 volumes in 20 years.
Right now he's 42. he'll be 43 on July 11th. At that rate there would be about 68 volumes when he's 63. 82 volumes at 83. And 100 volumes when he's about 94. Give or take ( I did it in my head, I might be off by a few years, bite me). The life expectancy in Japan in 2007 for men was 78.56 years old.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17406997/
And it's rising.

Not that any of it matters. Still, kind of puts it in perspective for the people who are worried that Miura is going to die soon for some unknown reason. He could double the total volumes in Berserk and still be under the life expectancy rate. :slan:
As for making it to 100 volumes. I don't think he cares about numbers. The stories done when it's done.

Nothing personal guys, but that sort of pointless talk really annoys me more and more every time I see it. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking that one of these days people are going to get banned for it.

So anyway, I missed it. And apparently some other people missed it as well. (Wiki just has the month, other sites also just have the month)
According to the trailer and after stumbling through the Staff blog, The air date is April 5th 11:29 on NHK BS2. ( unless I'm missing something. )
http://playlog.jp/guinsaga_tv/

A

avidwriter

Aazealh said:
Nothing personal guys, but that sort of pointless talk really annoys me more and more every time I see it. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking that one of these days people are going to get banned for it.

Huh? I don't see what I said that could be ban worthy. I was just stating something I found on Guin followed by my opinion that I'd rather not see more then 100 volumes for Berserk.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
Huh? I don't see what I said that could be ban worthy. I was just stating something I found on Guin followed by my opinion that I'd rather not see more then 100 volumes for Berserk.

Why would Berserk reach over 100 volumes? What makes you think so? What even tells you there's a lot of filler in Guin Saga and how is it supposed to relate to Berserk? More importantly, do you know how many times this kind of comment has been posted? Many. Far too many. :azan:

And really, posts like yours are just how it starts. Then come the ones about Miura's life expectancy, and the calculations and statistics and probabilities. It's the same thing everytime someone mentions Guin Saga, and like I said, I'm fed up with it. I'm not really going to ban anyone for it, that's just a way of conveying how annoying it's become to read those discussions to me. In my experience they're extremely predictable and never yield anything interesting.

A

avidwriter

Aazealh said:
Why would Berserk reach over 100 volumes? ...

Understandable. However you'd have to expect people to just talk about whatever on a forum. I've already posted little because of what mostly happens when I do post and after this I'll probably just lurk 100% more.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I don't Aaz meant for you to stop posting. I think he meant to do it in a constructive way, not only for you but for everyone else. Just like in regular face to face conversation petty talk sometimes gets annoying too. Just think it over to see what you say would have any positive feedback to continue the converasation interesting and going.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Back to the Guin Saga:

I just ordered the first four volumes and can't wait to read them!

You should get the fifth one as well, it completes the first cycle of the series.

avidwriter said:
Understandable. However you'd have to expect people to just talk about whatever on a forum. I've already posted little because of what mostly happens when I do post and after this I'll probably just lurk 100% more.

Well yeah, but there are entire threads dedicated to the topic in question. Threads that have been running around in circles for a long time. And my comment wasn't aimed at your post in particular but at the discussion it started.

As for whether you post much or not, it's your choice. I'm not aware of anything special happening when you do, but if you want to talk about it, feel free to PM me (so that the thread can move back on topic). Personally I don't mind people "talking about whatever" like you said, but I reserve myself the right to (grumpily) comment on it like any other member.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.guinsaga.net/special/movie3.html

Streaming trailer with English dub promoing the new series. Truly awful dub. Im guessing this is aimed at young teens?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I watched the first episode. It was good. The changes from the book aren't that dreadful. I liked the music and the fantasy setting. It may not be as graphic as Berserk, but it's entertaining and good enough for me at the moment.

Top Bottom