What would it take for a SkullKnight.net convention to happen?

Well people, what would it take? Who would be interested in attending? What activities would go on (if any?) Where would it be held?

:???: Is it feasible?! :???:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think Los Angeles would be the perfect hub for such an event, meet ya'll at Griffith Park! :guts:

Anyway, the closest there's been to my knowledge was when I hung with Wally and Cronus in Georgia, and upping the anti, when Wally stayed with Aaz and Puella in France, where they even had a secret meeting with the elusive Olivier Hague! So, Wally has held council with every skullknight.net admin, current or former, in person. BTW, little known SK.net protocol, but much like those in line for Presidential succession, SK.net's "big three" are never to all be in the same place at the the same time, that's why Wally meets with Aaz and myself separately.

Just a precaution. :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think that's a pretty cool idea, but it'll be tough to pull off with such a scattered bunch. I wouldn't mind it taking place in Seattle, but California is doable, too. :void:

Oburi

All praise Grail
A nice thought but I doubt it could ever be organized. The people here are too scattered around. Though if it were to happen I would go, without a doubt.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
You'd have better chances waiting for a second season of Berserk than this. Too many peeps from different countries for one. It would be nice to see some you face to face, but not holding my breath on that one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Well people, what would it take?

Lots of folks? :carcus:

Proj2501 said:
Who would be interested in attending?

I wouldn't mind going. Pay me a plane ticket and I'll fly anywhere, anytime. :casca:

Proj2501 said:
What activities would go on (if any?)

Boozing it up and stuffing our faces? :void:

Proj2501 said:
Where would it be held?

Anywhere's fine as long as it's a nice place.

Proj2501 said:
:???: Is it feasible?! :???:

Probably not, unfortunately. :sad:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think it'd be cool, but ultimately infeasible. And really, I'd like for someone else to handle the details of it. For one, conventions require a lot of capital to make a reality, and money is one thing I'm nearly always short on  :sad: They get especially complicated if they involve more than 20-30 people (and how many people would come? I don't even know). It requires hotel bookings in advance, rooms to be reserved for meetings, etc. etc.

Honestly, our random chat room sessions where 10-12 people join in at once and talk about random things -- that's like a mini-convention to me.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wouldn't it be nice if one of our members was a millioner and could pay for something like this. WHy do all berserk fans have to be poor? :sad:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Wouldn't it be nice if one of our members was a millioner and could pay for something like this. WHy do all berserk fans have to be poor? :sad:

:schierke: That's just wishful thinking. It would be nice, but a convention for only berserk it would have to be a worldwide phenomenon. I have to be realistic and know that it's just not possible. It would be more realistic if there was a group, or a booth in one of the conventions around the country such as Comicon or Animexpo..etc.

Oburi said:

Because art of war marks their statues ridiculously high!

I knew the answer before I asked it, but it's good to see everyone at least chiming in. :ganishka:
SkullKnight.net should at least ONE DAY have itself a booth at some convention sometime, somewhere. If we have to pay to have a booth, then we can see how much we can raise on our own; donations and such. Food for thought people.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
ori said:
Because art of war marks their statues ridiculously high!

I think the value of the art matches its price. I just happened to have other priorities to my money spending. So in the end, it would take alot of money to rent a place and what can we talk about that hasn't been talked in here already. A nice dream, but I don't see it coming to reality anytime in my lifetime.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I think the value of the art matches its price.

Um no. It's good but not $700+ good. I refer to past statues no longer available on sale on ebay.

Proj2501 said:
I knew the answer before I asked it, but it's good to see everyone at least chiming in. :ganishka:
SkullKnight.net should at least ONE DAY have itself a booth at some convention sometime, somewhere. If we have to pay to have a booth, then we can see how much we can raise on our own; donations and such. Food for thought people.

Anime Boston is coming up near me. If anyone lives in New England, USA?

I'm actually up for a SK convention or meet up. If it's on the West Coast, it'll be a good excuse for me to check the place out :p. I'm not a beer/ hard liquor lover, but I'll get me some Baileys ^_^. We could debate, watch other anime and what not, basically just hang out.

Before I came to the US, I was part of another board since 2003, and when I told them I was coming to NYC, 2 of them lived up-state, and another 2 in NJ. We've met a couple of times in the past 3+ years, and we have a sort of convention at least once a year (end of May, or sometime in Nov depending on who's free). Plus I've been going to Otakon with my NJ pals, this'll be my 3rd year in a row.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I can't even get dragged to conventions in my own city. Then again, I don't exactly feel one with the anime convention crowd.

Top Bottom