New profile posts

I watched the Elvis movie yesterday. My mother was tearing up at the end, as she lived through Elvis' untimely passing. I told her I could relate, the whole thing reminding me of Kentaro Miura despite all the differing circumstances.
  • Sad
  • Cry
Reactions: 4M4M and Grail
4M4M
That's grief man. When my gramps died, I felt the same, "why him? someone else should have died!" but, I guess that's asking too much, he was 94 years old! Same with Peart (why didn't he announce another world tour, I only went to see them perform once when I was so little, it's unfair! etc) With Miura, it was weird... I remember I didn't feel anything at first... deep down I wanted it to be a sick joke, or misinterpreted news story... like he was at the hospital alive, or something... it was so sudden... it's not like I miss Berserk per se, I miss Miura's Berserk and thus, I miss him, he was a great man, and through his manga, I got a chance to glimpse at a part of his soul, so to speak; everyone did, and when I listened to everyone's reaction to the matter... it was so heart-breaking, I understood just after finishing that podcast, that the end of an era concluded, or to put it bluntly, that I was devastated given how it happened... :judo:
Lawliet
Lawliet
That's life, my friend. I never knew my grandparents; two died years before I was born, and two when I was too young to remember them. As for Miura, I think your description is spot-on, and I felt more or less the same.
  • Cry
Reactions: 4M4M
4M4M
Pretty much. And that's terrible, you not knowing your grandparents, usually they are cool. I only had my mom's, my dad's also died before I was born. But both my living grandparents accompanied me for more than two decades... I miss them, but at the same time, I'm glad they didn't suffer anymore, they were simply too old. :shrug:Or I guess that's how I still cope with their passing's, dunno.
It's been a while, but I just re-read the scene where Mule meets Griffith for the first time, and I got chills all over again. Millenium Falcon is just so fucking amazing.
YouTube has become unbearable with its excessive ads. I'm trying to listen to a symphony while I work and it keeps being interrupted every minute or two with an advertisement, sometimes an unskippable one on top. Ugh. (Yeah I know I can use adblock but that would mean switching to the browser instead of the app. Meh).

The symphony, for anyone interested:
4M4M
Same, though sometimes I don't find myself getting to rip or downloading that many new albums...
Oburi
Oburi
Everything i listen to is old lol
  • Haha
Reactions: 4M4M
Lawliet
Lawliet
Yeah I should store music on my phone, but I'm way too lazy LOL

But with the way YouTube is going, I'll have to change platforms soon anyway.
Been a really long time since I logged in here. Might as well take the chance to just say that I overall liked 365/6 and am willing to view pre and post tragedy as two different entities sharing the common thread of a connected story. I trust Mori to not screw this up. There was a difference, for sure. But it wasn't what i'd call bad.
Aazealh
Aazealh
Things would be simpler if Hakusensha had chosen to present it as a separate but related series, instead of a direct continuation without a clear demarcation.
My cat likes the Grunbeld novel!!??
SFyPLrf.jpg
This year is flying by. Life is going well and there is much to be thankful for. Hit up Florida in March. My lady surprised me with a dip in the water, swimming next to manatees. Took my daughter to knotfest and plan on a road trip to Chicago for Rammstein. Made a fun sign from fence pickets. Linked in the comment below.
You know what word i really can’t stand now? “Content”
IncantatioN
IncantatioN
There's so much content out there that it's hard to find something you'd be content with. Decision paralysis ^_^

Piggybacking on this idea, I cannot (for the life of me) stand it when someone makes a Berserk-related post and calls out to anyone reading in this way "Hello fellow strugglers" or "Hello strugglers" ... that word - strugglers - within that context = 1000% cringe.

A thing of nightmares would be to log into the board and find every post/ topic on here start with that sort of messaging - THE HORROR!
Griffith
Griffith
We need more IP and content for the folks, Oburi!
4M4M
As a new Berserk fan, it's almost unfathomable to me how long Berserk had been running. I was looking at the episode release schedule on the forum, and found out that Guts left the Hawks 28 years ago today.
Aazealh
Aazealh
That's the cover date, in truth the episode were he left came out 2 weeks before! :slan: But yeah, Berserk ran for a long time.
I can't believe that it's already 1 year since Miura has passed away. Rest in peace, Miura-sensei. You'll always be missed and never forgotten.
I’ve beaten Elden Ring three times with three different builds now. I can definitely say a Guts build is the way to go. :guts:
Reactions: Grail
Griffith
Griffith
I did a Guts build just to try out and it basically poise broke everything, including bosses. You have to tank some hits but basically you can just spam attack and they'll be helpless sooner rather than later.
wdieljpg
wdieljpg
The Ashes of War breaks them even further. Royal Knight's resolve increases the damage by an absurd amount. A hit that normally does 1100 could do 3000 within the right circumstance. Lion's Claw, (Artorias/Berserker Armor swing) is another good one with its high damage and super armor. It also recently got buffed, so I would recommend it. (Not to mention it just looks awesome)
I made an order of 16 Berserk Konami tcg cards for a nice price to Grorum last week-end. The cards were commons, unco ,rare and foils. The order arrived in very good condition with all the cards sleeved and well protected.
Thanks again for the cards Kévin !
As the year comes to a close I’m left wondering what I can look forward to. Berserk had a special place in my heart. As it did for everyone here. Even though I’m a short time reader compared to most. When I discovered Berserk it felt like something that should’ve always been part of my life was found. Miura and Berserk were always there. Even with the hiatuses. I pressed on in my daily life. Doing work that made me proud. Like Miura was proud of his manuscripts. Never being satisfied with his work. Miura was a hero. When the news broke that Miura had left this world I wanted to cry out. Cry like the egg apostle cried out to the angels. But those cries would be selfish. The important thing is the great community of SK.Net that will keep Berserk and Miura’s legacy going for years to come. No matter what the New Years bring. Thank you Miura and thank you SK.net.
I have finally made my hommage to Berserk. Its a mix of my own characters in an eclipse setting. I dont want to create an account on a site for just one picture so I'm dropping instagram for those interested in seeing it. I hope its okay. @nic_legeek

Ps: its not an attempt to have more followers. Not the case at all, I just want to share this important piece of art with other berserk fans.

Thank you!
Top Bottom