New profile posts

Watching old samurai movies. Lone Wolf and Cub on bluray is amazing. Now for Kurosawa
Reactions: IncantatioN
IncantatioN
IncantatioN
Good luck man! Kurosawa's work is mesmerizing. Also hit up Masaki Kobayashi's Harakiri + Samurai Rebellion, Red Sun and Assassin Samurai or Samurai Assassin (can't remember what it's called).
Reactions: Oburi
Oburi
Oburi
i will. thank you. Just watched the first in the Samurai trilogy about Musashi. It exceeded my expectations, which weren't very high based on some of the things i'd read. But I thought it was really great. I also watched some perhaps lesser known films, Goyokin and Incident at Blood Pass (starring Mifune AND Shintaru Katsu). Both very good
IncantatioN
IncantatioN
The Samurai Trilogy is a lot of fun. Just great, such a classic. Glad you're having fun with this. Not old school - Twilight Samurai - I think this came out in the 2000's or late 1990's and I remember it for some really good conversations between characters and heartbreaking moments.
Reactions: Oburi
Re-reading the manga right now (It's my 3rd read-through), currenly on Volume 7. Just refreshing my knowledge for the next episode.
  • Love
Reactions: Fancypantaloons
Keratos23
Keratos23
If I remember correctly it was about 24 or 25, I remeber being very frustrated when I saw the score :ganishka:
It has been a couple months since then, I was just lucky this one time and got many questions I knew the answers to.
Aazealh
Aazealh
That's how it goes, the more you learn and remember, the more questions you'll know. Of course there are a few that are just too obscure to remember off the top of your head, but that's by design. :slan:
Keratos23
Keratos23
Of course :ganishka:
Thanks for the tips Aazealh, I'll do my best :griffnotevil:
Any tabletop RPGs players around? (Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeon World, etc...)
  • Love
Reactions: jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
Oh what a mess that was. The party was stuck on a flying citadel and we had to fight a dragon in its lair. Since I was a bard, I more a support player. We ended up killing the dragon but not before the flying citadel started to tilt toward crashing. While we were trying to reach the control room I got burn/electrocuted to death by another dragon. 72hp of damage. I did survive it.
Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
Damn! That sure was epic!
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
It sure was. Now that game is on hold for the moment but I'll be waiting for the party to revive me. I have a back up character if it ever fails.
Anyone else out of work because of the Cororna Virus?
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
I work in a rehab center so since we're part of the health system, we are still open.
underpileofdeadbodies
underpileofdeadbodies
I work for the railroad. We've been handed essential papers to show the police if there is a local stay at home order. Been slow, but its nice knowing we can't be shut down and employment is safe.
Oburi
Oburi
I've been furloughed, which essentially means I still have my job and benefits, but I'm no longer getting paid for not working. Luckily I can collect unemployment which, along with the stimulus and my income taxes which just came in means I should be ok for a while.
Reactions: Aazealh
yooo I'm so stupid why
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
What happened to make you say that?
skullchimes
skullchimes
idk what to do with my life so that's that, I suppose
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
Well I dont think that makes you stupid nonetheless! I've been wondering about what to do with mine a lot of times (so has pretty much everybody.) Don't despair I'm sure you'll figure it all. :guts:
I'm so lost lately. Running from place to place, trying to keep everything in order, many days without proper rest. I feel like my body is trying to get away from me.
Better days will come, I guess.
Been looking for a pinball machine to re-theme. Plan on making custom decals and audio for this Berserk pin. Depending on which one I get, I'll choose an appropriate theme from the story.
Reactions: Aazealh
underpileofdeadbodies
underpileofdeadbodies
Scratch that. I found Gauntlet Legends Arcade in Kansas. Road trip time and I'm out of space for another year or two.
Grail
Grail
Sounds like a fun project dude, post progress shots on the Creation Station when you get a chance!
What are you all gonna do for Berserk's birthday? I was thinking of buying a deluxe beer and restart the series. I might treat myself with the deluxe edition since I have an unused amazon gift card.
I'm going crazy. I cannot enjoy my free time, I got to be doing something that I consider meaningful or I get really anxious. Damnit, head! Let me enjoy my damn nothingness!
  • Sad
Reactions: jackson_hurley
Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
I've watched many Jordan Peterson videos about parenting, and there are some bits that may be useful for you. I remember one in particular about adjusting the kids' bed time so you and your partner can have a life, at least at night. I can't remember what video in particular but here you have an useful playlist:

Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
Maybe you are not looking for help and maybe you dislike Peterson but I thought this may be useful. It doesn't hurt to share it here.
May the force be with you @Walter
Walter
Walter
Appreciate the advice but Peterson seems like a psuedoscience cult leader kind of guy.
Top Bottom