Episode 243

just flicked through the chapter (without being able to read japanese), wow (again) this is exciting stuff

btw just what the hell is that kid doing on the last page (which is a double spread), is he waving to the ships? did he misunderstand who they are. i thought the ships mean bad news?

need...translation...

weilanxinghai

I'm a llama!
dwarfkicker said:
I'm waiting to see Griffith ban him and say something like, "Better luck next time," or "Try again under a new name." That shit is always funny.
OK,MY ENGLISH IS REALLY BAD,BUT WHAT ABOUT YOURS!?
THOSE WORDS you spoken is also rude !

Olivier Hague said:
Weak.It's not like the kid _disappeared_ in the morning.
Well, I said it seems...I also said it could be the elf king, only that this would be more weak to say at this point...

Anyway, the above facts don't eliminate the idea of the baby being the dead demon child's spirit...on the contrary they give a positive impression on it...

Hey a crazy idea I had was that skullknight and the kid both were the elf king...Skullknight was a human once but this doesn't necessary mean that he couldn't on his "afterlife" become known as the elf king...
I have this crazy feeling that this could possibly be true...
Only that I can't say I believe this right now... ;)

As for the kid not disappearing in the morning...one could say that perhaps the kid could have acted as the timing disappearing at that moment was the most appropriate for the others...disappearing while still on Caska's hands could create a bigger and less wanted confusion
& also at the same time it seems that the kid's mission was done (remember also that the demon baby usually appeared on Guts and Caska when it had some kind of a mission:for example protect, inform )

xechnao said:
Anyway, the above facts don't eliminate the idea of the baby being the dead demon child's spirit...on the contrary they give a positive impression on it...
Well, the contrary would have been surprising, since that was the point you were trying to make...

Olivier Hague said:
Well, the contrary would have been surprising, since that was the point you were trying to make...

I am not sure I properly understand what you are saying here...
Are you just saying that you find sense in what I said?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It’s the baby, it’s not the baby, yeah yeah yeah… BORING! Let’s move on to something important.

huh.jpg
Neo_flux said:
What is this? New fighting stick?

burnout39 said:
It looks to be part of the swords sheith...but strange that it has never been around before.

What’s that!? Never been around before!? Boys, this just reinforces my notion that I’m the only guy that really pays attention around here! But, what good is that if I don’t use it to help my fellow Berserkers! That’s why Coronal Griffith proudly presents,

A BRIEF HISTORY OF GUTS’ BAG!

gutsbag.jpg

1. First appearance of the bag. Volume 23: Chapter 188; Winters Journey 2

2. The bag was originally carried via a string. This string also served to hold the bag closed. Volume 23: Chapter 188; Winters Journey 2

3, 4, & 5. Guts and the string have an intimate moment together. Chapter 188: Winters Journey 2

6. Bag is given a new job besides carrying Guts’ dirty undies. Using it’s string, the bag is responsible for holding Casca prisoner. Volume 23: Chapter 188; Winters Journey 2

7. The bag is a cruel master. Volume 23: Chapter 188; Winters Journey 2

8. With relations between Guts and Casca frayed, and itself and Casca growing ever closer together, the bag seizes it’s opportunity; the bag and Casca begin sleeping together! Puck sometimes joins them. Guts hits Casca when he catches them together, but must be too ashamed and humiliated to do anything to the bag. Volume 23: Chapter 188; Winters Journey 2

9. Casca has escaped with the help of the bag! Out of anger and frustration, Guts attempts to bed Casca when he catches her, her bag lover miles away, and unable to protect her from the brute. Guts has become a petty and pathetic man at the hands of the bag. Volume 23: Chapter 189; Time Apart

10, & 11. The bag looks on, stoic, as Farnese pledges her alleageance to Guts, and perhaps… the power of the bag? Volume 23: Chapter 190; Hungry Spirit

12, 13, 14, & 15. The first appearance of the stick! And the bag in it’s current form! Volume 23: Chapter 196; Like A Child

16, 17, 18, 19, & 20. Bag sneaks a peak at Casca, but quickly looks away. It leads Guts and company to the Spirit woods, and eventually, to Flora’s house. Volume 24: Multiple Chapters.

So, as you can see, the bag is not something new. It’s a well established, charismatic, and important character in Berserk that’s been shaping the direction of the story since volume 23. I’m glad I could help enlighten those that may have overlooked this most subtle but vital Berserk personality, that will undoubtly continue to have an impact. VHBob speculates that it may even bring down the God Hand.

“What that?” “Never been around around before?”

After reading what I had to say, now don’t you guys just feel dumb? ;D

-Griffith

burnout39

HA! I can see you!..What...you can see me? AHH!
Griffith said:
It’s the baby, it’s not the baby, yeah yeah yeah… BORING! Let’s move on to something important.
-Griffith

Holy crap dude. I now bow to your dome of infinate knowledge....

:eek:

...and I thought I was obsessed...

Griffith

akikaze said:
Griff, where do you get the patience from? :eek:

Do I seem like a very patient person? ;D

xechnao said:
A friend of mine had a dog that was having an affair with a pillow
True, I swear

My dog has a blanket that it loves very much. VERY much. I have to throw things at her when she's humping that damn thing in front of the TV, my friends love it though.

Anyway, I was having an affair with a pillow when I was 13. True, I swear.

-Griffith

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Ha! Gold as always Griffith. :D

Freddy C said:
just flicked through the chapter (without being able to read japanese), wow (again) this is exciting stuff

btw just what the hell is that kid doing on the last page (which is a double spread), is he waving to the ships? did he misunderstand who they are. i thought the ships mean bad news?

need...translation...

He doesn't look like he's waving so much as he's holding his hand up like people tend to do when they're looking at something far away or it's bright out. And the ships are kind of far away, so...

As for why he's happy. Well, they're looking for a port city, which the presence of many ships usually indicates. And the group will be in need of a ship to get where they're going, so the presence of ships (at least until we have a better idea of who or what might be on them) is probably a good thing to him.

My take on it anyway.

Griffith said:
My dog has a blanket that it loves very much. VERY much. I have to throw things at it when it's humping that thing in front of the TV, my friends love it though. Anyway, I was having an affair with a pillow when I was 13. True, I swear.

I was talking about a sexual affair, is this your case?
Man, the dog had this pillow in his basket and was fucking it every day but I guess it wasn't just sex, there was a strong affection too...you couldn't take it away from him cause he went terribly depressed...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
Man, the dog had this pillow in his basket and was fucking it every day but I guess it wasn't just sex, there was a strong affection too...you couldn't take it away from him cause he went terribly depressed...

This is gonna be a very long 2 months

Griffith

xechnao said:

Come to think of it, I'm still using that same old pillow despite better ones at my resource; love? Yeah, and nobody takes it away either, unless they want their ass beat; they leave Reina alone... whoops, said too much!

DemonX said:
This is gonna be a very long 2 months

It feels like it's been two months already. ;D

-Griffith

Griffith said:
It feels like it's been two months already. ;D

-Griffith

No, we still have the translation to be waiting for now...
But try this one: imagine the translators translating one pic every three days :p :p :p

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
No, we still have the translation to be waiting for now...
But try this one: imagine the translators translating one pic every three days :p :p :p

Fucking lazy ass dark horse comic assholes.

Griffith said:
Do I seem like a very patient person? ;D
Err...actually, no, but every now and then... :D

Speaking of patience, two months eh? ...At least ch243 did not end with some wicked cliffhanger. ::)

Top Bottom