Dark Horse Releases

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Hehe, I never checked on that thread again for some reason, so ill make my responses here instead of reviving it 8).

Sparnage said:
Maybe bitching helped. Demon, you should have a warm fuzzy feeling inside ;)

Graywords said:
I'm sure they received complaints from more than just the two of us, also. ^_- Power in numbers, y'all. Let's continue to bitch about stuff like this in the future.

Fight on my brothers! Never let the bitching rest!

DemonX said:
Hehe, I never checked on that thread again for some reason, so ill make my responses here instead of reviving it 8).

Fight on my brothers! Never let the bitching rest!

Damn straight, who are we trying to impress at Darkhorse? ;D

Still I have no current complaints.

aufond said:
Scanlations are horrible quality. Printing all of them would be a waste of paper and ink.
That was the point. If someone was that impatient then I would imagine that they would not care how bad the scans may be.

Sparnage said:
Damn straight, who are we trying to impress at Darkhorse? ;D

Still I have no current complaints.
I don't really mind how bad the translations are, as long as its not something oblivious compared. I just want the manga to say that I have it and so when I'm too lazy go get on the computer or go somewhere I can always read it.  ;D

[quote author=Aufond]Nobody is acting like a little child, except you. "shut up, no one cares..."[/quote]
[quote author=Aufond]I know, I'm new, so I will shut up.  But I wasn't pissed or anything, I was just joking around.  That guy seemed kinda pissed, but oh well, what do I know.. or care, this is the internet.[/quote]
You should take more pride in the fact that your the new guy. Try to be different from the others. At least you admit you are wrong. Most people here are stubborn and never would do such a thing. Welcome to SK.net.  ;D

aufond said:
Why does it take Dark Horse so long to release a new volume of Berserk???  They should try and keep up with Kentauro Miura as best as they can...  I wish I could read past volume 5...

well the release date for Berserk voulme 6 is jan. 2005. There all going to slow tho, they cant translate a book a week. Also, Its good to The "noobies" of berserk, because they have time to buy all the voulmes befor berserk voulme 6 comes

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Last time I asked them, They responded with that "they couldn't translate the manga and print it that fast, and the fastest possibility would be Bi-monthly." When they receive more recources.
I beleive it was an automated response, just e-mail them about it if you want the message, but I have since deleted the one I Recieved from them. :-[
I suppose It may be about time to e-mail them again. ;D

davedapunk

I am Zodd...you are dead.
Jon Schaffer said:
Shut up, no one cares. You have SK.net's translations and scans. Hell, most of you even have scanslations. Just be patient and quit acting like little children. If you want manga that bad, print your scanslations and put it all together.

The scanlations really suck.

S

Some Guy

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I haven't had and real issues with translation aside from a couple of small instances. The images look alot crisper than any computer scans I was using before. None of the material has beed deleted from the original source, and the release of each volume every third month is fine by me.

The volumes will catch up the the Japanese eventually, and I'm in no hurry to wait 6+ months for a new issue when it does. Right now I'm just glad we have the scans and translations on this site.

I understand the fact of the economics, and unless they are willing to pay more people to translate more of the issue more quickly, then.... it'll only come out so fast. If it sells well enough, they'll increase the release schedule.

The summaries still are laughable, but atleast they're, technically speaking, correct regarding the plot. It's obvious they're trying to hit a certain demographic, but I think it's a misguided effort-- because in the end they're misrepresenting the product. Whatever.

I would love, however, to see the series come out with a new issue every month or 2 months though. I'll have to email them too. Rabid fans do represent the market-- I think they're sort of like a certain percentage of the whole, and companies can extrapolate from the number of wacky "print it faster!" emails what the total, general readership is.....

Obviously, emailing has worked before. No reason to assume it wont continue to.

R

Raftrider

I'm not complaining because I have the Scanlations of volumes 4-27 (and 28, so soon, so very soon. :D), but at this rate, DarkHorse will probably go under because of companies like Tokyo Pop oversaturating the market and releasing the next volumes of manga every month. People hate to wait. And of course, one would probably have to special order Berserk because of the content, so why pop them out any faster is probably their way of thinking. By the way, Sparnage. I love your avatar. I'm considering to get the brand tattooed onto the back of my neck. I'm such a Berserk slut. :D

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Raftrider said:
I'm not complaining because I have the Scanlations of volumes 4-27 (and 28, so soon, so very soon. :D)

You probably should complain then, some scanslations are in the realm of fan-fiction.
Oh, and they're not exactly beloved here.

but at this rate, DarkHorse will probably go under because of companies like Tokyo Pop oversaturating the market and releasing the next volumes of manga every month. People hate to wait.

Dark Horse is primarily a Western comics company. I doubt they're in any real financial danger. Besides, once DH catches up, people will have to wait even longer for new volumes.

And of course, one would probably have to special order Berserk because of the content, so why pop them out any faster is probably their way of thinking.

It's not like that's very difficult. Any major bookstore can special order for you.

The only reason I can determine Darkhorse and other comic production groups releasing english Manga so slowly is because they make sure it's not a bad investment and it doesn't sell well enough after mass producing too many volumes too soon ergo losing money (or so I'm told anyway.)
This in alot of cases would be fairly understandable for Darkhorse to take their time at first, but it sounds like Berserk is become pretty popular and selling well in comparison to other manga in western countries, so if 6 volumes have been released with success then I can't understand why they don't pick up the pace for eagerly waiting fans.

The words of the official Darkhorse forum openly say themselves;
• The first five volumes of Berserk have sold over 100, 000 copies!

Raftrider said:
By the way, Sparnage. I love your avatar. I'm considering to get the brand tattooed onto the back of my neck. I'm such a Berserk slut. :D

Thanks, I couldn't help but steal it from another Berserk forum when it caught my eye. I believe there is a couple of threads of people who have Berserk tattos in the Miscellaneous area somewhere. If I was going to get a tattoo it would also have to be the brand.

Woland said:
Dark Horse is primarily a Western comics company. I doubt they're in any real financial danger. Besides, once DH catches up, people will have to wait even longer for new volumes.

At this rate when/if they catch up 10 or so years will have passed.

Raftrider said:
And of course, one would probably have to special order Berserk because of the content, so why pop them out any faster is probably their way of thinking.

Heh, it's pretty easy to find berserk in any major bookstore.

Its sad to say but I haven't read all of the manga yet. so yeah I wish that Dark Horse would hurry up. I mean I still buy the Japanese manga and it rules.but I would love to have them in English.and I don't want to read the scans, I rather just buy the originals.

well when DH is finally caught up to the present volume, berserk will probably be close to finish (Vol 45 or something) in japan 10 yrs from now! wow, ill be almost 30 yrs old....thats a scary thought..

Un_Colombiano said:
well when DH is finally caught up to the present volume, berserk will probably be close to finish (Vol 45 or something) in japan 10 yrs from now! wow, ill be almost 30 yrs old....thats a scary thought..
Its been 12 years already LOL
Dragon Slayer said:
Good ole Dark Horse just bumped volume 7's release back to May 4th. Volume 8 hasn't changed though I believe
yup looks like they put it up by two months, and for the good because now we wont wait 3 months for Berserk Volume 8

kid_berserk said:
looks like they put it up by two months, and for the good because now we wont wait 3 months for Berserk Volume 8
lets hope that Dark Horse keeps up the trend of bi-monthly when the announce when issue 9 will come out
issue 7 is supposed to come out 5/4/05 and issue 8 is supposed to come out 7/15/05. so i guess never the less ill just have Berserk in Japanese and in English
Un_Colombiano said:
berserk will probably be close to finish (Vol 45 or something)
I'm hoping it will go past 45 ;D but thats another thread

DarthVenom said:
lets hope that Dark Horse keeps up the trend of bi-monthly when the announce when issue 9 will come out
issue 7 is supposed to come out 5/4/05 and issue 8 is supposed to come out 7/15/05. so i guess never the less ill just have Berserk in Japanese and in English
DH should stop the releasing berserk for awhile, intill they finish printing[up to] volume15, then release berserk every month, intill volume 13. stop the release dates for two months and then release a berserk volume every two months. Just a though tho.

kid_berserk said:
DH should stop the releasing berserk for awhile, intill they finish printing[up to] volume15, then release berserk every month, intill volume 13. stop the release dates for two months and then release a berserk volume every two months. Just a though tho.
actually i think its a great idea. but they should have limited amount of time on printing up to volume 15 (say 4 months)
then when they made it bi-monthly i would still be very pleased.

BiQ_

" ... "
Well, this just in:

longish url to darkhorse.com board, there's a post by Chris Warner, DH editor in charge of Berserk

in short: Bookstores are PO about having no more shelf space and there is no end in sight to this "new manga title" avalanche. Going a little easier on bookstores' shelf space (=not cranking stuff out ASAP) makes it easier to carry a series, since they need to keep all of the older volumes in stock as well. Some retailers are not feeling very easy about having Berserk on sale so not making it even harder for them serves a very real purpose.

Top Bottom