Farnese a witch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sil

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
ber21.jpg

I just watched the Berserk PS2 Trailer and noticed an interesting character in it
Could this possibly be Farnese in her witch custome?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I don't think it would be farnese's witch costume, for she has not yet learned magic yet(although she is learning it). Plus, it also appears to be male IMO, also a bit younger.

My thought is that he is an apostle who uses some sort of puppetry, but that is only speculation based on very minimal evidence, to say the most. ;D

sil

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I know the Farnese is still learning magic in the time frame the story is set in, but remember this is a PS2 game so it may not follow the norm

Also if you've seen the Game Intro trailer, you'll see several scenes of Farnese (normal images of her) and that image above but in white flash by very quickly together

sil

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Headless Death said:
Do you mean Farnese learning magic?
Then yes, near the end of Vol.27 you will find...
http://img74.exs.cx/img74/8264/fmage.jpg
If you meant the "Magician boy", then not yet.

Just when I thought Berserk was getting boring around Vol 26-27, that scene appears. Heh, a witch hunter now becoming a witch. Who would've thought that possible. I love to see her become a very powerful witch one day

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
sil said:
Also if you've seen the Game Intro trailer, you'll see several scenes of Farnese (normal images of her) and that image above but in white flash by very quickly together
The trailer I've seen only shows that image just after a close up of guts' face, and before the scene with guts holding the caska from the past. :-\
I think I've only seen the korean, is there another trailer?

Follower of Gatsu

Don't mess with me... (^_^)
I think this girl on the picture is Sonya.(She joined the new Hawks and she has some telepathic powers) I dont believe it is Farneze. Farneze is much prettier.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Doesn't really look like Farnese at all if you look closely. Resembles the late Adonis more than her. ^^;; And that doesn't look much like a "witch costume" either; more like royal court attire or something of the like (and you don't have to have a 'costume' to do magic I'm sure.)

I'm thinking either Sonia or a new character.

sil

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sonia has long hair, above image has the same hair style as Farnese
Clothing is consistant with what Farnese would wear
The eyes looks wierd thats all.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Also looks a lot younger than Farnese and significantly less feminine (admittedly, that could be the cut of the clothes, but...).

If it really is Farnese than it's probably the young Farnese, maybe a flashback of Farnese's and Serp's past. The game seems to cover pretty much everything that happened in the manga, why not their past too?

Kagemusha

Lets go Cats!
I can't see much resemblance to Farnese. To be honest, the character looks a bit boyish (or of course if its a boy it would be girlish). It looks like he/she is going to play a fairly big role in the game, based on how much she appeared in the trailer.

Certainly not Farneze, neither Sonya..

The trailler shows him/her? invoking some purple magic balls,

im betting he/she is a magic user from ElfHeim

Or an apostle..

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Olivier Hague said:
It's a new character, obviously.

Thank you.
The character is obviously a boy, most likely from a noble background, and has experience casting magic.
I thought Sonia was just a telepath/pyschic anyway?

Personally, I've been wondering if the boy is going to be some sort of rival for Schierke....

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
His name is Charles, he was an Apostle.
Aazealh said:
Charles has a grudge against Guts because he entered his house, and disrupted the nice little illusionary world he had created. He keeps saying "don't come, stop!, go away" when you get into the house. He explains to him that he lived happily with his family but that thugs came to his house and burned everything down, killing his parents, etc, and that's when he found a beherit.

He then tells Guts that by entering his house, he destroyed his world, the same way the pillagers destroyed his world back then by burning the place. After that he tells him that the only way to get it back is guess what, to burn Guts' world too (see the Hawks/Griffith confrontation), and of course to kill him.

He has the power to make what's in people's mind more or less real, controlling it, so he uses the Hawks and Griffith to try to "destroy Guts' world".

The Hawks keep telling Guts how they are happy now, how they were useful for Grifffith at least, while Guts is useless, how they'll let him go if he lets Griffith alone, how Guts isn't avenging them but taking a revenge for himself, etc.

This is of course Charles' try at breaking Guts' spirit (and killing him). After you defeat the Hawks for the last time, Charles tells Guts how his revenge against Griffith is futile and meaningless, and that all he has left in this world is his sister. Guts replies that his sister is another of Charles' own illusions, and that he sacrificed her back then to become an apostle!! :eek: (I'm guessing this part but I'd be surprised if it was wrong)

That's why he keeps screaming "liar you lie" and such during the fight.

I hope the quick n' dirty summary helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom