Berserk PS2 Game - New Korean Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomad said:
One of the many things that caught my attention in this preview. Is the fact that we finally get to see Guts with his DS in action (speedwise).  In the manga they always comented in he's ability to use the Slayer, and finally we get to see that.

And how they show him using it as a style and speed isn't too different to what I pictured it being like in my head which is always a good thing.

Sparnage said:
And how they show him using it as a style and speed isn't too different to what I pictured it being like in my head which is always a good thing.

Yeah, it seemed a bit off in the Dreamcast game, to me, but here it looks just right.

puella

Berserk forever
Some Korean people who reserved the game can play it today. They say Guts fights snow monsters, specters and the Hawk soldiers killed at the eclipse on the snowy hill. And the reviews on the games are very favorable.

I also checked some Japanese forum. They say the strange character is a boy and they call him "Charles (シャルル)". And it seems the boy says "..not come..." "I will never give it up. Surely...". Why do you think that boy says so?  ::)

One person who has their Branded Box already says it includes only the Guts figure and the game :/. Maybe the DS key chain was a special offer from a specific retailer?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bah :(, damn these cheapskates at Sammy. My copy got shipped today anyway, hope I can get it quick.

Good luck... presumably that keychain had something to do with something, so there's always hoping they'll send one of those too. If you get the game first (which is most likely... mail can take ages here), I want to know whether there's much gameplay prior to the Griffith/Zodd fight :).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'll just wait to see how it is by myself. Hell, even the Korean editor included a poster with the game...

As for the gameplay, you can check the post by Puella just above to get a bit of info. The game starts in a snow field, where you fight specters and then are assaulted by some illusion of the dead Hawk soldiers, created by Charles (the wizard boy).

At first, only Puck will be available to help (logical), and from the screenshots I saw, it's all good.

Ah, I see... that's all right at the start? Makes sense. Snippets from earlier chapters don't sound so likely, then, though :/.

Oh well, maybe next they'll start on a prequel to fill in the events occurring in-between the end of the Eclipse and the beginning of this game :) (they could always include events from the first three volumes, too). Then work backwards... a game for next-gen consoles, set in the Golden Age with massive full-scale battles, mounted combat/etc., would sound good to me :D. By the time they were finished with that, there'd be enough manga released to allow for another game again.

Anyway, no harm in dreaming.

Aazealh said:
Well, I'll just wait to see how it is by myself. Hell, even the Korean editor included a poster with the game...

As for the gameplay, you can check the post by Puella just above to get a bit of info. The game starts in a snow field, where you fight specters and then are assaulted by some illusion of the dead Hawk soldiers, created by Charles (the wizard boy).

At first, only Puck will be available to help (logical), and from the screenshots I saw, it's all good.

Where is this? I must see info about gameplay and such ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, Puella posted a bit of info a few posts up in this thread. As for the screenshots and other gameplay info, they'll just come later, got no time and it's late here (you can check Berserk japaneses fan-sites for it too if you're in a hurry) :).

puella

Berserk forever
Zodd seems to be the last boss in the game.
And here are screenshots.

bs12.jpg

bs10.jpg

bs09.jpg

bs10.jpg

bs08.jpg

Power up Flash!

bs04.jpg

.... for the friends who you betrayed...
.... Are you saying you feel nothing!!

bs06.jpg

I won't betray my dream.
That's all.

bs07.jpg

Ha, they tricked you. They've split the game into several "episodes", and they're selling each separately. The trailers showing Grunbeld are from Episode 12.

(J/K :)) (I hope).

BiQ_

" ... "
Re: Berserk PS2 Game Videos

Lextiago said:

Berserk, VideogamerX.   
....Korean.

WOAH! Those make me even more happy that I finally decided to order my own.

And since I am learning japanese(just started with a basics course), I'm ordering the japanese one... not that I have any idea what they are talking about in any case yet, but could someone who owns the japanese version tell me if the cutscenes have japanese subtitles? It would probably help at some point in future when the language starts to make some sense... as in "not having to rely only on heard language".

Anyway, anyone who ever wanted to have "the second season of anime" is surely going to like this game...

Venus

if only...
so... in a plain single word... did this game met everyone's expectations???? (not including the whole Branded Box ordeal... that was pretty much clear :D)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
It definatly lived up to my expectations. ;D
After I saw the trailers I expected a great fast paced hack and slash, with the story of my favorite Manga series, and I got it.
After I played the demo there were small problems, for example while trying to continue a combo off of a deathblow my combo would end before I would get credit for the kill, but that has been fixed in the final version though. ;D
...oops :-[...you said single word.....in that case...
Yes. ;D

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
i found a cool site that shows all the cut scenes from the ps2 game.....http://www.classicmanga.com/berserk/game_ps2_media.html
there are at least 80 vids....all are good....but in japanese... hope u enjoy watching i did.... :guts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom