New AOW Guts statue (Berserk's armor)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Maiku said:
I got the request for the payment but I e-mailed them back asking if they could cut me a break on shipping since I ordered both versions.  I haven't heard back either way yet.

Well good luck all the same. Have you had success with that before? No harm in trying, just curious in case I end up ordering multiple items in the future. :beast:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Have you had success with that before? No harm in trying, just curious in case I end up ordering multiple items in the future. :beast:

It's cheaper if they ship the items together obviously (instead of shipping separately), but as far as getting a real discount... It probably won't happen.

Rhombaad said:
Well good luck all the same. Have you had success with that before? No harm in trying, just curious in case I end up ordering multiple items in the future. :beast:

I've had them hold stuff to ship together in the past and I got a discount on shipping. On this invoice though they listed the shipping for each item seperatly and that made me think they didn't combine them for shipping. We'll see though.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well, I received an email last night from AOW saying that I owed them 2,500 yen as an intermediary bank fee.  I checked the thread where Darkadien Zurel had the same problem and just followed the advice everyone gave him.  I went down to my local Key Bank and ended up just following step 2. of AOW's email and sending them 7,500 yen with an extra 2,500 yen added by me in case of any more unforeseen deductions.  If it's too much I assume AOW will credit that towards my next purchase.  With all that settled the statue should arrive sometime in early January.  Can't wait! :serpico:

They must of screwed up cause I got the same notice and I know I sent the correct amount. I am going to get my receipt tomorrow, its in my desk at work. The email says they found that 2500Y went to an intermediary bank, which is utter bullshit since I have sent 4 wire transfers in the past throught the exact same bank.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
grendelrt said:
They must of screwed up cause I got the same notice and I know I sent the correct amount. I am going to get my receipt tomorrow, its in my desk at work. The email says they found that 2500Y went to an intermediary bank, which is utter bullshit since I have sent 4 wire transfers in the past throught the exact same bank.

Exactly, I did everything they told me to, to the letter. The guy I talked to at my bank said that it's AOW's fuck-up because they used an intermediary bank. Like I said, I ended up sending them the money since I didn't feel like going through a huge ordeal that would ultimately end up in me sending the money anyway. From now on, if I end up buying more statues from AOW (this will most likely be the case) I'll be sending 2,500 yen extra just in case. :miura:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
We definitely need to pressure AOW into accepting credit card based payments.

I second that. The transactions would be so much simpler via paypal or some other form of credit card payment.

Rhombaad said:
Exactly, I did everything they told me to, to the letter.  The guy I talked to at my bank said that it's AOW's fuck-up because they used an intermediary bank.  Like I said, I ended up sending them the money since I didn't feel like going through a huge ordeal that would ultimately end up in me sending the money anyway.  From now on, if I end up buying more statues from AOW (this will most likely be the case) I'll be sending 2,500 yen extra just in case. :miura:

I'm not spending 75 dollars to send 25 to them. Not my fuck up, if anything I will get a refund, take a hit on fees and tell them eat my fucking ass while cancelling my 3 other orders they have with me.

Aazealh said:
We definitely need to pressure AOW into accepting credit card based payments.

As much as I would like for that to happen I really doubt it. Alot of companies are so worried about international charge backs ect. that they wouldn't want to take the risk.

....damn that sucks Gren. If this hadn't happened to someone else I would say that this was your banks fault since they are the ones in charge of getting the money to the final destination. Who knows though.

Maiku said:
As much as I would like for that to happen I really doubt it.  Alot of companies are so worried about international charge backs ect. that they wouldn't want to take the risk.

....damn that sucks Gren. If this hadn't happened to someone else I would say that this was your banks fault since they are the ones in charge of getting the money to the final destination.  Who knows though.

Yeah I may be jumping the gun....but I am pissed lol. I will find out more tomorrow when I call the bank.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
As much as I would like for that to happen I really doubt it. Alot of companies are so worried about international charge backs ect. that they wouldn't want to take the risk.

Well I know, but it wouldn't hurt to voice our collective opinion in any case. Besides, there'd be advantages for them too, like to have an automatized, secured and error free order treatment (no more mails with excel files). As for the CC charges, I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think they're over 5000Y per transaction, so they'd be able to sell cheaper or to get more money, their choice (a way to compensate for possible money loss due to people getting their money charged back). Charge backs would be a possible problem for them but they could always get the money early to prevent it, or find a way to limit it. It's not like it happens every other day anyway.

Aazealh said:
Well I know, but it wouldn't hurt to voice our collective opinion in any case. Besides, there'd be advantages for them too, like to have an automatized, secured and error free order treatment (no more mails with excel files). As for the CC charges, I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think they're over 5000Y per transaction, so they'd be able to sell cheaper or to get more money, their choice (a way to compensate for possible money loss due to people getting their money charged back). Charge backs would be a possible problem for them but they could always get the money early to prevent it, or find a way to limit it. It's not like it happens every other day anyway.

Time to steal me a credit card and order from AoW. Cause their ain't shit they can do about it once the order ships. :troll:

I'll agree though not having to pay remitance fees or worry about hidden charges would be awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Time to steal me a credit card and order from AoW. Cause their ain't shit they can do about it once the order ships. :troll:

Well, the package always ships 3 months after you order it so I'd imagine the card would get blocked before if they asked you to enter the billing information early. And does ordering online with stolen credit cards still works at all anyway? Nevertheless, I don't think that kind of incident would concern them much.

Maiku said:
I'll agree though not having to pay remitance fees or worry about hidden charges would be awesome.

Yeah, that's pretty much my point, whether it's a risk for AOW or not isn't my problem. :void:

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Clearly AOW is missing out on even more international business IMHO. One of the reasons I hesitate to order from them directly is because of all this remittance nonsense. Setting up a Paypal based ordering system would hardly hurt them. To compensate for the meager losses, they could always raise prices a bit. Again, their ordering system leaves something to be desired.

in note to getting e-mails about an extra bank fee dont even bother fighting it lol i did i called the bank they said it wasnt them they sent it straight there, then i talked to art of war got the reciept from my bank showed it to them and everything and they still said i owed them. So i just dropped one of my items replaced it with others. but now with my orders i told them about this and they add the extra charge so i just send them an extra 25 bucks which i just sent one today we will see if i get a e-mail saying that i owe if i do im gonna forward them the e-mails and say look you fucked up. Im to much of a stuborn collector to stop ordering from them lol, and an extra 25 bucks dont mean much to me really.

But if you want to fight it do so and see what you can do. but ill tell you right now Art of War will NOT refund you. They will keep the money you send and only give you credit with there company. So if you dont want to send them the extra money mine as well drop an item and take credit or replace it with other items. If you have anymore questions please send me a PM or somthing id be glad to help if i can.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Darkadien Zurel said:
then i talked to art of war got the reciept from my bank showed it to them and everything and they still said i owed them

Yeah, that's exactly what I was avoiding. Figure I'll save myself a lot of angry typing and the statue will get here sooner that way. :beast:

Yeah its not worth the frustration cause they wont give in lol. Just from now on have to send an extra 25 bucks each time to get what you want. Its no big problem just fuckin blows when you order for the first time and it happens or in your case, they just start adding this addtional fee and blaming it on a second bank.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well, the grand total arrived today on my on-line statement. It cost roughly $120.00 to send them 25,000 yen and not get screwed...I'd be more irritated if I wasn't so damn tired. :puck:

hehe yeah i understand, i refused to spend that much extra cash just so they could have there 25,000 yen i just changed order. But i got the statue i dropped off ebay. Well the action figure version which is ok with me

I just got a reminder e-mail from AoW and I noticed something.

"Please note that service charge of remittance in your homeland country should be settled to your correspondent bank separately.
And the charge should not be included in the total remittance of 66,920 JAPANESE YEN."

I wonder if that is the problem you guys are having? Especially since this is the first time I've noticed them go out of their way to point it out.

I got mine all straightened out. My bank is paying for the extra 2500Y and all the fees to go with it. Rhombaad you should not just take it in stride, it would of cost me 115 dollars. Now it is costing me nothing, because of one simple fact, IT WASNT MY FAULT. You should confront your bank, if you sent the correct amount then its their responsibility. Oh Maiku, my service charges are put on a seperate bill from my bank, and its 40 bux to send money =) It ends up someone screwed up, not sure who, but I wasnt paying for it.

Top Bottom