WIP Pics of Headlong Kits - MUST SEE

You guys are gonna love me! :casca: Or maybe not, but whatever.

Check this out!:

Zoddo (1/8 scale... so bigger than previous Headlong kits)
zoddo01.jpg

zoddo02.jpg

Mozgus (I'm guessing it's a 1/35 scale like the other Apostle kits)
mozuguzu.jpg

Locus (1/35... I think)
rokusu.jpg

SEXY SEXY SEXY. I got these pics from Headlong himself! He's such a nice guy :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thats great!
I love the mozgus one!

Zodds face is kinda :schierke: but the rest is great!

I'd take these over AOW's anyday...

Damn that mozgus is awesome...

Thanks for the picks Derek. Yea, headlong rules...

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
kubricka said:
wow, kool pics derek...

that Mozgus is just awesome man

is headlong gonna paint them?

I highly doubt Headlong is going to be releasing any painted versions. They are kits afterall and meant to be assembled/painted by the buyer.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Tirade said:
I highly doubt Headlong is going to be releasing any painted versions. They are kits afterall and meant to be assembled/painted by the buyer.

If he made complete statues I know I'd buy em all up... but alas, no luck, eh?

R

-rob-

If Mozgus comes in the same color as that picture then IMO it doesnt even need to be painted.

About the Assembly part tho, how hard is that exackly? I've never done it before with a Resin Statue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, I had seen a picture of that Locus a while ago (just the head + bust), it's coming along nicely. His Mozgus looks nice too, needless to say he gets points for the simple fact of doing a Mozgus kit in the first place...

And that Zodd looks big indeed, I'm not a fan of the face either for now (the nose in particular), but it's not done yet so I don't think there will be any problem in the end.

Thanks for the pictures Derek (and HEADLONG of course). :SK:

-rob- said:
If Mozgus comes in the same color as that picture then IMO it doesnt even need to be painted.

Well the color isn't the good one... Besides it'd be kind of bland if not painted. You'll see the difference once Derek gets his painted by John, assuming that will happen. :beast:

Tirade said:
I highly doubt Headlong is going to be releasing any painted versions.  They are kits afterall and meant to be assembled/painted by the buyer. 
ive never bought any kit b4 so correct me if im wrong. Dont they all include a pic of prepainted/preassembled version of the kit in the package for reference?

N

Ng51386

Any chance that AOW will be making a release of the "new" Band of the Hawk as a set like they did with the God Hand?

First time I ever saw a Locus figure, even if it is 1/35 or whatever, the scuplt is very well done I can tell. Detail of the body wasnt spared at all, but the paint job might be a different story later on... :serpico:

If you had asked me what that first pic was, I wouldnt of had guessed Zodd at all, that face just doesnt look like him, especially when you look at the face alone, the body does look like Zodd quite a bit, but after that.... :judo:

They can't release them as statues because they don't have the license to do so.

They look very good. Especially the Mozgus. They are so small though. :judo:

Headlong kits are so great in concept and pose but leave alot up to the painter as far as fine detail. If you guys want your final product to come out with the same level of quality as Derek's stuff be ready to pay out the ass...........Hell AoW statues may even start to look like a bargain. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kubricka said:
ive never bought any kit b4 so correct me if im wrong. Dont they all include a pic of prepainted/preassembled version of the kit in the package for reference?

Well, there's usually a picture of the completed and painted kit on the box, and a plan to assemble it inside. It varies in function of the creator though.

Ng51386 said:
Any chance that AOW will be making a release of the "new" Band of the Hawk as a set like they did with the God Hand?

I don't think it's likely to happen. At least not anytime soon. It would be more in their interest to release detailed statues of each character separately IMO.

N

Ng51386

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you Aazealh... The God Hand set sold pretty well, but I think it was because they were the "God Hand" so it sorta made sense to sell them as a set.

If they were to do a set of the new Band of the Hawk would it be just as small? Or would they be larger? The only thing I dont like about the God Hand set is that they are so small, they're great, but if they were normal statue size it'd be amazing, or even better make it Zoddo II size ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
If they were to do a set of the new Band of the Hawk would it be just as small?

Probably as small, because it'd be a set. They'll never make a set with statues as big and detailed as regular stand-alone products. It wouldn't make much sense from a marketing point of view, and the price would be insane.

Also guys, AOW has since long corrected its old error in spelling Zodd's name. It's Zodd II. No second 'o'. :zodd:

Typically I prefer the AoW standard of 1/10th

Though now when I think about it Grunbeld, Rakshas and Zodd II are all 1/15th so Locus and Irvine as a 1/15th two pack would actually be pretty cool. Display the group with MF Griff on Horse.

N

Ng51386

I'm just wondering if it would ever be possible to do a 1/2 or even a 1/1 figure? I know plenty of people would want it, but the main issue is if they would be able to produce enough, and also the $$$.

Just imagine though, a HUGE figure like Femto or Guts, or even all five God Hand in your room, or somewhere displayed to the world to see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
I'm just wondering if it would ever be possible to do a 1/2 or even a 1/1 figure?

I'm afraid it's unrealistic. Technically, I guess it would be possible in a way or another (obviously not using classic means), but that just won't happen.

EndLeSS8 said:
*coughMakeA1/1scaleApostleZoddocough*

LOL that'd be awesome just to have out in your yard.

A 1:1 scale human could be done. I know of a guy that has a half dozen JLA characters that are one to one scale. Thing is they are made out of fiberglass and a Berserk character would look like butt.

Top Bottom