Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

Vaxillus said:
That would work quite well for the first part, but after Griffith rapes her, she wouldn't be as easy to associate with for the audience.  I doubt Griffith would work for any part, since most of his appeal is the fact that he's just a bit of a mystery, and it might be hard to maintain that if it was from his perspective.

Perfect Blue.

But yeah it would be hard to do it from Griffith's perspective.

I did skim through. Most of was a lot of blah blah, it will suck, blah blah blah, they can't, not possible blah blah

The part with "they can't", read it.

I'd like to think someone would be able to produce something decent out of 29+ volumes worth of stuff.

You mean other than the actual mangas right? I think the point being made throughout the thread is that you cannot make Berserk into a compact movie or even a trilogy as it would do diservice to the series. This is exemplified by the fact that the anime needed 25 twenty minute episodes for just half way through manga three through 3/4s of manga 13. That's 500 minutes roughly.

Naw, mostly has to do with startling resemblence to an ex. Must... hold... on to the hate.

Then it isn't his voice like you said. Anyway try and think outside of his resemblence.

Done all that already. Own the Japanese language anime on DVD as well.

My point isn't that you own them but instead rewhatch them with those thoughts in mind the next time you whatch them.

After that, I think it would have to be from Guts' POV. And with a lot of flashbacks.

In other words what has already been done in the series and manga right? Casca's point of view was a good idea but doing multiple points of view in one movie that is already overstuffed is kinda pointless.

Too many thoughts to complete at once.

Then come back next year. You should be done by then right? ;)

Minor Demoness

Tentacle lurve, baby!
The part with "they can't", read it.

That's the part I disagree with. I think "they can". You just need someone who's really good at visualising to do it.

You mean other than the actual mangas right?  I think the point being made throughout the thread is that you cannot make Berserk into a compact movie or even a trilogy as it would do diservice to the series.  This is exemplified by the fact that the anime needed 25 twenty minute episodes for just half way through manga three through  3/4s of manga 13.  That's 500 minutes roughly.

And I'm saying you can, if you had the right person to visualise it. Yes a lot of things will be cut, but the essence of the story can still be maintained despite that. Unless you're like one of those LOTR fanboys whining about the absence of Tom Bombadil.

Then it isn't his voice like you said.  Anyway try and think outside of his resemblence.

See, the thing is, Dean Cain would be perfect for the role. But I hate him (and don't like any of the movies he's in), so I don't want him to be in the role of Gutts, who's my favourite character.

My point isn't that you own them but instead rewhatch them with those thoughts in mind the next time you whatch them.
That's rather patronising of you, but I'll ignore it, for now.

In other words what has already been done in the series and manga right?  Casca's point of view was a good idea but doing multiple points of view in one movie that is already overstuffed is kinda pointless.

As I stated, from Guts' point of view. My ideal format for the movies would be a trilogy, each part being from a certain character's point of view. First part would be Caska's. Second would be Shierke's, since a lot of the current story arc is through her eyes. And third, Guts.

Then come back next year.  You should be done by then right? ;)

Depends. I do take two year long breaks from forums after one or two posts. But I might stick around just to annoy you :p.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wally Szczerbiak IS Guts:

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic06.jpg
"

pic08.jpg

6wolf0419w.l.jpg

You can't tell by the pictures (which is good, because he's proportional), but he's like 6' 7". 8)

Z

ZeroGraveVII

I truly believe, its a horrible idea!
Specially if its being made in this country ( USA )
Since, those hollywood bastards are going to waterdown Berserk!
Also, its very likely that they are going to butcher the story line.
If the GH actually appears in the movie, I bet 200 bucks Slan is wearing underwear or some kind of sexy clothes.
I truly think, making a live motion picture in this country will be a heinous idea. I can just imagine hardcore religious parents , bitching about;
How they potray god in the movie! as well bitching why is their so much sex and homosexual scenes in the movie. ( Thats if they hollywood tries to make several movies about berserk, kinda like starwars without the gay characters " Did someone say, jar jar binks ")
Overall, I think its best if we leave the story line as it is and hope that they do make a second season of berserk and hopefully, a season that is true to the original manga.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
See, if anyone did make a movie, it would probably be awful no matter what you want to say about the right "visualizer" (yeah, his name's Kentarou Miura). So, if there has to be a bad Berserk movie, I'd want it to be legitly bad, I'm talking a bad movie for like $10,000 rather than a bad 100 million turd like Star Wars or these stupid sword & sandal epics that keep expelling from the anus of Hollywood (hey, Ridley Scott, you haven't made a good flick since Blade Runner, stop turning history into your special blend of moronic PC soap opera trash starring wooden pretty boy manikin or bucketheaded Australian oaf). Anyway, why make a bad movie for 100 million when you can do the same thing for a pittance, it would probably be more entertaining too. Like, my Berserk zombie movie idea. Adapt the mangragora story and then you just have Guts (Wally Szczerbiak) killing zombies and while trying to get past his dark past with his Elf friend Puck (who will be portrayed by a sassy midget BTW). It could be an instant cult classic. ;D

Opie

The Sex Icon
The only way it would work is if it was a seriese of several epic movies...and who the hell is going to do that?

ZeroGraveVII said:
I truly believe, its a horrible idea!
it might not be.
ZeroGraveVII said:
Specially if its being made in this country ( USA )
Since, those hollywood bastards are going to waterdown Berserk!
Also, its very likely that they are going to butcher the story line.
If the GH actually appears in the movie, I bet 200 bucks Slan is wearing underwear or some kind of sexy clothes.
wrong. it would not have to be that way and i highly doubt that it would. because Kentaro Miura  would probably have a very close watch on what would be going on throughout the entire process.
ZeroGraveVII said:
I truly think, making a live motion picture in this country will be a heinous idea. I can just imagine hardcore religious parents , bitching about;
How they potray god in the movie! as well bitching why is their so much sex and homosexual scenes in the movie. ( Thats if they hollywood tries to make several movies about berserk, kinda like starwars without the gay characters " Did someone say, jar jar binks ")
sure people would complain but it would mean nothing. if some one wants to create a film and has the financial backing and distribution company to back them up, it doesn't matter what they want to put on film its going to happen. even if its about "God or Homosexuals" or anything else a bunch of
ZeroGraveVII said:
hardcore religious parents
could say would mean shit. ever heard of the old saying "money talks, bullshit walks"
ZeroGraveVII said:
and hope that they do make a second season of berserk and hopefully, a season that is true to the original manga.
that i hope for also 8).

but i don't think all of the Hollywood producers are that bad i could name a few that stand they're ground to the censors.

"Griffith No More!" said:
See, if anyone did make a movie, it would probably be awful no matter what you want to say about the right "visualizer" (yeah, his name's Kentarou Miura
so your saying that if he had a large role in the making of this movie such as writer/director that it would be a bad movie?
"Griffith No More!" said:
Like, my Berserk zombie movie idea. Adapt the mangragora story and then you just have Guts (Wally Szczerbiak) killing zombies and while trying to get past his dark past with his Elf friend Puck (who will be portrayed by a sassy midget BTW). It could be an instant cult classic. ;D
i would go to see it. only if you made the zombies resemble those of the original Dawn Of The Dead.
Rage Incarnate said:
Where there's a will there's a way.
thats right, but lets not forget where theres money theres even a larger way. ;)

Z

ZeroGraveVII

Even if big hollywood producers, actually tried to get the ok, from Muira to get this film done. It's most likely that, muira would say to those hollywood folks, NO Fucking WAY!
Since, Berserk is a series with a great fan base.
Hell, in the beginning I thought, Berserk sucked ass!
I thought that Guts was just a loser that deserved all that horrible things that happened to him. For killing children and so on.
Then after watching him fight Zodd, I thought.
" He is cool, but Zodd is cooler!"
I still think Griffith is gay though; one question to all those fans out there.
Did Griffin truly sleep with that baron guy to get a treasure chest?
And when I say, Sleep, I mean. " Did he sexually satisfied the baron?"
Because if he did, then I must say. He really wants to be king.
Anyway, back to the subject.
If berserk, actually gets a film project. I hope whomever is making it, keep the series as it is, meaning I hope the series is kept true to the manga. Since, I doubt any self-respecting hollywood actor-whore. Would actually, agree in portraying a nut as guts. But then again, most hollywood actors do play some kind of craze nut(s)
Now, that I think about it. It is possible that a berserk film can be done.
I just hope, that they don't waterdown the series. Man, I'll be extremely pissed off, if one day. Berserk the movie gets a PG rating.
Can you imagine, how the series would be then?
I just imagine the GodHand in a PG movie.......
Slan being mad at guts for being mean..
Void asking Skull Knight to settle their differences by sitting down and talking them out as gentlemen.
Connor and the other dude working in a hospital as clowns to cheer children.
Zodd teaching high school kids how to wrestle....
Griffith "coming out" to his parents, because he is different..

ZeroGraveVII said:
Man, I'll be extremely pissed off, if one day. Berserk the movie gets a PG rating.
Can you imagine, how the series would be then?
I just imagine the GodHand in a PG movie.......
Slan being mad at guts for being mean..
Void asking Skull Knight to settle their differences by sitting down and talking them out as gentlemen.
Connor and the other dude working in a hospital as clowns to cheer children.
Zodd teaching high school kids how to wrestle....
Griffith "coming out" to his parents, because he is different..
dude honestly that would be something i would be scared of. and i mean absolutely terrified of. a PG or PG-13 rating. i would be so pissed. but like i said before not everyone in
Hollywood or NYC or anyother big film capital are all bad and have terrible producers,directors,writers,etc...... I'm pretty into film and if i ever had the chance to work on a project as massive as berserk (which will probably never happen :) ) i would never dare change the story. i wouldn't care if i pushed the NC17 rating. what a lot of people don't understand is that film really is an artform. and depending on the artist it might contour to your tastes.

just like "Griffith No More!" hating the new starwars. i for one really enjoyed it. i can see why hes pissed at the film or the other two but i also could make a few good points to why i think its such a good film. but never the less anything i would say would be considered biased on the starwars subject(my name, my avatar should give you an idea why.i would be considered a fanboy ;D )

anyway back to the subject.
if you could make a team, 1 of the people having to be Kentaro Miura and who ever else you wanted who would you pick to make Berserk? give me a little time to think on this and i think i could make a pretty good list.

Z

ZeroGraveVII

I agree with you.
But I will say that I agree with Howard stern when he said on air,

" I really think, that george lucas should let people whom watch starwars 1 and 2 to watch starwars 3 for free, as a repayment for the last 2 shitty movies people went to see. I mean, why in the hell must this man get praise's and more money after making two shitty movies, so george , let the people whom have seen your last two movies, go to see your latest flick for free, you bastard."

I truly believe in 2 or 3 years, the bastard is going to star casting for star wars 7 "the new jedi " or " Luke's legacy" starting luke skywalker son or daughter. Either that or movies like, " Jedi stories " or " han solo diaries!"
It will be funny, if the guy tries to make a starwars romantic story lines. Like " Meet the Jedi " you know, similar to " Meet the parents or Meet The Fockers" ....I really hate george lucas,.... I hope he gets cancer, I don't care in which part of his body gets cancer, I just hope he gets cancer...
Star Wars Rules, long live Luke and fuck the rest....except han solo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Halt to the off topic degeneration guys. If you want to talk about Star Wars, you can do it in the appropriate thread.

Aazealh said:
Halt to the off topic degeneration guys. If you want to talk about Star Wars, you can do it in the appropriate thread.
my bad, i was just using Star Wars as an example ;).

anyway, if Berserk was made into a motion picture. who would you like to see make it. Kentaro Miura being one of the people (producer, director, writer,etc...).

Z

ZeroGraveVII

Do you think Kentaro would actually sell the right to his series and if he did, how much is berserk worth in money?
In my opinion statistically around 7 to 10 million.
Because even though berserk has a great following, it yet to be a massive hit around the world. It's just a great story line that has noble following, that loves the series, but that following is short one, sadly.
Too bad that berserk is not as popular as pokemon. ( Before anyone comments on my last remark, Im just stating that pokemon is well known around the world and its mainstream media, therefore in most countries pokemon is welcome )
Lastly, who do you think would actually buy berserk?
I think Bill Gates, since that bastard likes to own rare and important works of art. LIke the Leornado Davinci's book or works. Which was sold in an auction for 45 or 50 million dollars.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
ZeroGraveVII said:
Lastly, who do you think would actually buy berserk?
I think Bill Gates, since that bastard likes to own rare and important works of art. LIke the Leornado Davinci's book or works. Which was sold in an auction for 45 or 50 million dollars.

Um...yeah, right...

Z

ZeroGraveVII

sarcasm? :-\

Well....who would you think, would buy the rights of berserk?
Puff Daddy?

......... :D I can just imagine PDD directing The Berserk motion picture. Guts being surrounded and attacked by hot chicks, instead of being attacked by deamons.

I think they should just leave it as it is and not make a movie, Berserk is so great because of how it is now, like the old saying goes... "dont fix it if it aint broke". If they were ever to make a movie out of it, it would HAVE to be a mini series or epic series at the least.. or they would have to take only a certain part of the story, like the anime...but still I think it shouldnt be done..

Top Bottom