AOW release: Guts & Farnese on Horse

Buddy of mine send me a pic of this Gatsu statue they found in Japan. Does any one know info on it. Thanks

69472berserk_001.jpg

JIN

Yudanero...
dynastyreptiles said:
Buddy of mine send me a pic of this Guts statue they found in Japan. Does any one know info on it. Thanks

:guts:  I think you'd be the first with info on it (or your buddy actually  =P ). Might want to change your Subject Header , maybe something like Guts-Farnese Statue 9/23/06. I suppose until AOW sends out one of its legendary emails (referring to the recent Zippo notification) this is what we have to go on. Judging by the price I'm guessing its 1/15 scale.

AOW finally releases a Farnese statue but she's bound and nekid... um.. huh? Looks very dynamic from the early images though. Looking forward to the site update for some better shots.

Thx for the update dynastyreptiles (thx to your informative amigo as well)!

CnC

Ad Oculos
looks pretty cool. Good find!

Those who were hoping for some representation of Farnese can be somewhat happy now, I guess. I hope some other photos appear soon.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Holy crap! Great find.

Shite... that looks much better than the Guts Hawk soldier on Horse back. Argh! Do I cancel my order for this :miura: Damn Art of War.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Looks like a pretty neat statue. Like Jin said, we finally get a Farnese statue and shes topless and bound to a horse. Usually something like that would be sexy and all, but I would think Art of War would give her first statue appearance a more dignified pose. Lets start taking bets at how they'll treat characters such as Serpico and Schierke when they finally give them the statue treatment. Maybe they'll make a diorama of Serpico and Farnese roasting his mom or something equally as distasteful. But for the love of god, I hope not!  :serpico:

1st impression is that it looks very cool.

Shit though I thought we were done with 1/15 scale statues. Give me 1/10 dammit!

JIN said:
I suppose until AOW sends out one of its legendary emails (referring to the recent Zippo notification) this is what we have to go on.

I meant to post about that e-mail. I got a good chuckle out of it.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Wow, this one looks really cool and elaborate. I hope they eventually show closer pics of Farnese's face, though. She looks kinda man-ish ATM.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That...looks...awesome. Can't wait to see more. This looks like a statue I might cave on and order....but that depends on just how expensive it is.

Rhombaad said:
....but that depends on just how expensive it is.

If you look at the bottom left hand corner it has 2 prices - 38000 Yen and 39900 Yen. Doesn't seem too bad for such a good looking statue.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Grovel said:
If you look at the bottom left hand corner it has 2 prices - 38000 Yen and 39900 Yen. Doesn't seem too bad for such a good looking statue.

Hmmm...that's a bit too pricey for me. If only I didn't have all those bills to pay...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JIN said:
I think you'd be the first with info on it (or your buddy actually =P ).

Yep, that's a scoop. Thanks to buddy-in-Japan for it. :guts:

JIN said:
Might want to change your Subject Header , maybe something like Guts-Farnese Statue 9/23/06.

I'll take care of it.

Maiku said:
I meant to post about that e-mail. I got a good chuckle out of it.

I already did in the ZIPPO thread. :void:

TheSkyTraveller said:
I hope they eventually show closer pics of Farnese's face, though. She looks kinda man-ish ATM.

Yeah, I don't like her face much, not very resembling IMO. Guts' also seems to be a step back from the recent ameliorations it went through. It's 1/15 and we have no clear shot though, so hopefully it's not too bad.

Now for a summary of the informations about the statue:

Orders will open on September 23, 2006 at 11:00 AM. The price will be 38,000¥ (~$323) for foreigners (meaning without the Japanese tax). 350 units will be available, and they'll have serial numbers.

Its measurements are 24 cm (height), 20 cm (width), 23 cm (depth).

handsome rakshas said:
Lets start taking bets at how they'll treat characters such as Serpico and Schierke when they finally give them the statue treatment. Maybe they'll make a diorama of Serpico and Farnese roasting his mom or something equally as distasteful. But for the love of god, I hope not!  :serpico:

How about one of serpico covered by stone rubble after his rematch with gatts.  It might not be as distasteful, but would still be a letdown of a first appearance :)

Apart from the farnese, the rest of the statue looks awesome.  Looks like AOW is going with the "if we make mounted versions we can charge a buttload more"  Though the sculpt looks the most dynamic to date, I hope his face is alright, his head shape looks kinda like frankenstein in the pics

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Judging from that pic, Farnese looks like everyone but herself. I hope we'll get some better pics during the next week, though I'm probably gonna get this one anyways. :serpico:

EnderZero said:
Looks like AOW is going with the "if we make mounted versions we can charge a buttload more" Though the sculpt looks the most dynamic to date, I hope his face is alright, his head shape looks kinda like frankenstein in the pics

I think it's more like the only things that have sold out in the last have been mounted statues........I'm sure they like that it is the more expensive stuff. :carcus:

I really don't like the characters' faces (wait to see more clear shots) and the horse is captured in a very strange movement (as the new Zodd on horse released few weeks ago, I don't like the pose of the horse).
Anyway, it looks really dynamic.
Ah, and it is too damn small.

Thanks for the info dynastyreptiles ;)

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Hard to make any decision based on the small pictures. May not be thrilled to see another Guts statue, but oh well. Since Farnese is included :carcus:, I think I'll go along.

Just got an e-mail from Masato soliciting this.......at 47,500 yen! WOOHOO THAT MEANS THEY INCREASED THE SIZE!!! :serpico: :guts:

EDIT: I hope I'm not interpretting Masato's price as his price and not AoWs. Then I'd have to kill myself.

Maiku said:
Just got an e-mail from Masato soliciting this.......at 47,500 yen!  WOOHOO THAT MEANS THEY INCREASED THE SIZE!!! :serpico: :guts:

I dont know if I am going to be able to afford this one :miura: Zodd is 50000 then a 47500 right after it :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
I hope I'm not interpretting Masato's price as his price and not AoWs. Then I'd have to kill myself.

Yes you are. The price hasn't changed, nor has the scale. Sorry man, it was nice knowing you.

Release date is now October 28 (11:00AM).

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Maiku said:
EDIT: I hope I'm not interpretting Masato's price as his price and not AoWs. Then I'd have to kill myself.

Why do you order over Masato and not directly from AoW? Does that save you from the customs duty?

Top Bottom