New Berserk 1997 OST Vinyl!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, caught word of this on Twitter. Seems neat! Would like to have that on my wall, provided the cover art is decent and representative of Berserk. Key detail in the copy for those balking at the $199 pricetag ( :magni: ) for the subscription:

Each title will be available separately in standard editions once the subscription registration period closes at the end of March.

Much better :guts:

N

Nekra

damn no forces? that sucks but i guess it sold out right away anyways

I wanted this so bad. It kills me I wasn't able to get it on release. Supposedly they're repressing it though.

But I was online when it was 'released' and I tried to preorder it but it wouldn't show up.

By the time I came home from work it was already sold out. For me, this was an important thing to have in my collection. I'll get it one way or another but it just sucks the way it happened.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Is Forces owned by Hirasawa which is why it was omitted from the vinyl?

Possible. It depends on who actually owns the rights to the soundtrack (i.e. wherever the license came from). Considering Hirasawa composed the entire soundtrack, it's odd that Forces was left out at all, but perhaps, since Forces is a recomposition of one of his previous works, Hirasawa may have soul ownership of Forces, whereas the incidental music is owned by Hakusensha (or , again, whoever has the license that allowed the vinyl pressing). Copyright laws are wonky.

Either way, it's a real shame. Forces would have really balanced out the B Side, which seems pretty puny compared to the A Side.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Considering Hirasawa composed the entire soundtrack

To be precise, the original soundtrack also had Tell Me Why (Penpals) and Waiting So Long (Silver Fins) on it, which were excluded from that vinyl.

it's odd that Forces was left out at all, but perhaps, since Forces is a recomposition of one of his previous works, Hirasawa may have soul ownership of Forces

It might be a case of a shared copyright where they cannot sell it without his agreement and neither can he without theirs.

the incidental music is owned by Hakusensha (or , again, whoever has the license that allowed the vinyl pressing).

VAP Inc. owns the rights to the OST.

Top Bottom