Episode 360

The episode will be 19 pages and title is The Cherry Plantation (桜の園). And no episode scheduled for May 22 in Young Animal # 11-12.

Thank you for the information. On that note, i really don't understand this way of publishing. Whats the point of coming back after a 8 month long hiatus to a release of one episode?

I would rather wait longer and get a batch, but it is what it is.

The episode will be 19 pages and title is The Cherry Plantation (桜の園). And no episode scheduled for May 22 in Young Animal # 11-12.

Episode title is pretty interesting. Seems as though we will be getting a bit more info about Elfhelm itself, seemingly related to the cherry tree at the heart of the island. We've been speculating about it being another Spirit Tree (though maybe one given a bit more importance than the others), but maybe we will find out more about its unique situation now. Also wonder if this is related to the new power Farnese and Schierke will be learning.

Bit miffed we don't have a confirmed return for next month yet but all we can do is enjoy the content we get for now. The message is only “To Be Continued” so it’s not as though we know anything for a fact just yet.

They're publishing in a different magazine but the workforce should be the same.

Actually, as one of the staff members have said on their Twitter, it appears that the newer assistants have only been working on Duranki. Not that I think that this is necessarily related to Berserk supposedly being on break next month, but it is always a possibility that they're planning to release them back-to-back over consecutive months to support and market both series.

On that note, should probably wait until we get the episode before making judgments. It could also be possible that there isn't a return date because the next scheduled issue for Young Animal is 05/22 with the 05/08 issue being postponed due to the virus, no?

Lot of new stuff to take into account this time around.

Last edited:
Here's a small leak if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
It doesn't look like much, but if you look closely, it's Skull Knight talking, so that's confirmed :badbone:

ke17Nqd.jpg

This lighter episode feels nice after everything Shierke and Farnese went through and especially the sadness felt last episode. Very cool seeing Shierke proving how adept she is even in front of so many magic users (not that we didn't already know :carcus:). Most curious about Casca's lines at the beginning of the episode. While it looks like we're going to have to wait until next episode, it definitely seems like we're about to get that big important talk :badbone:

Last edited:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
361 please!? :SK:

While it looks like we're going to have to wait until next episode, it definitely seems like we're about to get that big important talk :badbone:

I'm not sure how big a talk it's going to be, I mean it's always a big deal when Skull Knight speaks, but this is about as casual and intimate as these two get (I think this is the first time they've been alone since volume 14). I assume Casca will be the major topic and they'll resume their conversation from the beach, "You were right as always." :sad: :badbone: It's kind of nice though, Skully approaching him like this, and in broad daylight, which is rare, outside his appearances at Flora's I can't think of another example. Has a very nice, friendly, "checking up on you" vibe, and maybe Guts will follow suit and prove me wrong, ask Skully what his story is. :guts:

Last edited:
This episode looks great, it's been a while since Skull Knight spoke at all :SK:
I think it's a great time to learn about his past... hopefully :daiba:. It looks like Casca is slowly remembering the eclipse, I don't see any other reason for her to be crying like that... Unless it's because she's upset that she's not able to talk to Guts.
Also, I'm a little confused about something, I don't know if I missed anything but, why is Skully missing one of his "collar spikes"? (I know they aren't called that, but I don't know how to call them, "Bone Boomerangs™"?). He had all of them in Volume 34... Perhaps he fought someone before coming to Elfhelm?

Today is a good day. :serpico:

As usual, the episode was worth the wait. I'm looking forward to the summary, the SkullKast or the proper translation to get the finer details. :carcus:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Man, it felt like this day would never come. Seeing Casca as she is now is still a trip. When she grabbed Farnese's cloke :judo:. You don't need the text to be moved by that great little moment. And we knew it was coming but that classic old west style Skully approach ... chills every time. He's got such style doesn't he :badbone:. 11 years is a long time.

Also, I'm a little confused about something, I don't know if I missed anything but, why is Skully missing one of his "collar spikes"? (I know they aren't called that, but I don't know how to call them, "Bone Boomerangs™"?). He had all of them in Volume 34... Perhaps he fought someone before coming to Elfhelm?
Dont start this again :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Short summary: Casca says everything about Guts reminds her of "that time", his voice, etc. Danan puts her to sleep and tells Farnese and Schierke it's useless to stay with her, that she just woke up from a long nightmare and needs to rest. Farnese is nervous but performs the barrier of the four elemental kings and the other students are impressed at how fast she is. Then Schierke summons a spirit from a tree, which she does well, but it's remarked that it's a dangerous spell. She explains that during the journey she's had to use such spells and they were very useful.

Then Gedflynn tells Schierke she might be interested in those who dwell in the deeper territories of the astral world, and who are called Daimons. They are between humans and spirits, and it's basically what Flora became in volume 27. The way it's described here is similar to the original Greek concept of former great humans becoming "guiding spirits". When SK comes see Guts, he tells him that after this journey, what he sees before him isn't just beautiful scenes. Cryptic as always but you get the point.

Some speculation on my part: I wonder if the concept of Daimon might not be used later to explain how the Skull Knight can exist as a spirit in an empty suit of armor.

why is Skully missing one of his "collar spikes"? (I know they aren't called that, but I don't know how to call them, "Bone Boomerangs™"?).

Collar spikes is a perfectly fine description of what they literally are. Better to stick with that. Also, the fact one is missing means he's used it recently... And it might be as recently as between episodes 359 and 360, because at the end of 359 it seems to be intact (hard to be 100% positive since it's mostly hidden).

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary Aaz! A lot of highlights in this episode, still taking it all in and it's not every day you get to see a final panel like that (reminiscent of "The Spirit" episode in volume 13). Cannot wait for the Skullcast to discuss this episode.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Then Gedflynn tells Schierke she might be interested in those who dwell in the deeper territories of the astral world, which are called Daimons. They are between humans and spirits, and it's basically what Flora became in volume 27.

Thanks for the summary as always. A TON of text in this one means there'll be a lot to parse, but I appreciate the glimpse we get in the summary.

So, we've known for a while that Flora had promised Schierke she'd see her again in dreams, and it seemed like she had transcended a "normal" death by becoming that wall of flames, but this is now grounding that concept in a new terminology. Maybe she's really out there deep in the astral world waiting for Schierke to discover her :flora:

When SK comes see Guts, he tells him that after this journey, what he sees before him isn't just beautiful scenes.

Hm, not entirely sure how to interpret that. But it's such a small line there's probably not much meaning to decipher. Perhaps: Despite the beautiful scenery in Elfhelm, there's still torment for Guts? (Thanks gramps, WE KNOW).

Other than those two moments, for me it was sweet to see Casca still clutching Farnese's clothing. Through all the changes she's been through, those two still maintain a special bond.

Collar spikes is a perfectly fine description of what they literally are. Better to stick with that.

You're right, I'm sorry, Bone Boomerangs just sound silly. :troll:

Also, the fact one is missing means he's used it recently...
And it might be as recently as between episodes 359 and 360, because at the end of 359 it seems to be intact

That's very interesting, I wonder what he would have to fight in Elfhelm...
I'm very excited for the next episode, it'll most likely be 19 or so pages of Guts and Skull Knight talking after so many years. :guts:

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
That piece of armor was broken during the Slan/Flora part, fine during the encounter by the Sea and the Fantasi fuckup, and now broken again.

Just a random info.

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
That piece of armor was broken during the Slan/Flora part, fine during the encounter by the Sea and the Fantasi fuckup, and now broken again.

Just a random info.

You are right, when Flora shows the berserker armor to SK, he's already without that collar spike, see:
main-qimg-46dea983c283c4cee3abf7805fd9687b

Top Bottom