The Big Berserk Exhibition

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think you meant few hours by Skellig time:troll:

Haha, well that was assuming it was only a matter of the DNS information propagating over the Internet. However it's apparently more complicated than that, where some IPs (in the USA specifically) seem able to access the websites and others can't. It's possible they're restoring access in stages, or maybe they're having a strangely persistent misconfiguration issue. Hard to say honestly, they never replied to my email and will probably never acknowledge the problem.

Haha, well that was assuming it was only a matter of the DNS information propagating over the Internet. However it's apparently more complicated than that, where some IPs (in the USA specifically) seem able to access the websites and others can't. It's possible they're restoring access in stages, or maybe they're having a strangely persistent misconfiguration issue. Hard to say honestly, they never replied to my email and will probably never acknowledge the problem.Ya
Ya it is looking more complicated than it looked few weeks ago,Hopefully they'll figure it out before Episode 363 comes out.Not surprised about them not replying to you thanks for trying.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
They're smart enough to not let that issue get in between their business i guess or they'd have solved it in first week or so,Typical stuff.

No that has nothing to do with business. That website (hakusensha-e.net), along with Manga-Park, is hosted on the cloud (AWS). That's why they're not affected. Anyway, this has gotten way off topic. Please use the chat for further discussion, otherwise I'll have to make a separate thread.

In rather unfortunate (but maybe increasingly expected news) the Berserk Exhibition has been officially postponed due to the Covid "lockdown" currently in effect.

They say the postponement schedule is currently being adjusted and that we will be informed as soon as it is decided.

I was planning my trip during the long weekend in February to check it out. Was starting to feel kind of guilty and like it wasn't a great idea with the new Covid restrictions....feeling a bit better about not going now that it has been postponed. Only crappy thing is that when the exhibition actually does roll around I won't have 4 days holiday to check it out.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
In rather unfortunate (but maybe increasingly expected news) the Berserk Exhibition had been officially postponed due to the Covid "lockdown" currently in effect.

Just saw that too! Not terribly surprising honestly, and it's what they get for organizing a public event during a pandemic. Better to report than to put people's health at risk. Sorry to hear that it messed up your plans, though. :sad:

Something worth noting is that all tickets are being canceled and refunded, as they won't be valid for the new dates (whenever those are decided upon). That means the tickets for the "special preview" that were awarded through lottery and that people were reselling online for over 10,000 yens are invalid.

Another information they're providing in the FAQ: when the exhibition is over and done (both the Tokyo event and the subsequent ones that will occur in other locations in Japan), they plan to sell some of the merchandise online. However they're not saying yet which products will be available, only that it won't be all of them. And obviously I would expect those online products to be limited to Japan, they probably won't ship internationally.

I am really interested to get some of these items but don't know where to find a broker willing to buy it and send it internationally...

I received an email sent to all those whose names will be displayed on a name panel there.

It essentially acts as a warning and potential opting out of having your name displayed, It states that " In this exhibition, except for some parts, basic photography is possible inside the venue.". And that it will post a sign to refraining from taking name of name panels.... But since photography is allowed within the exhibition it cannot be guaranteed.

Soooo this might act as a bit of confirmation that there will be more photography allowed within the venue than previously thought! Will still have to wait and see.
do you mean from the crowdfunding? Did you order from "FromJapan" too ? Didn't get a message...

Does the cancelation of the event effect when we will be receiving our rewards from the crowdfunding? Or should we still expect them soon? Also wondering if anyone has any photos of the Zodd statue. Hope to see it soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Does the cancelation of the event effect when we will be receiving our rewards from the crowdfunding? Or should we still expect them soon? Also wondering if anyone has any photos of the Zodd statue. Hope to see it soon.

As far as I know the exhibition being reported won't affect the reward situation. More specifically: they haven't said anything about it. Rewards were originally planned to be sent in February, so we should know more within the next two weeks.

As far as I know the exhibition being reported won't affect the reward situation. More specifically: they haven't said anything about it. Rewards were originally planned to be sent in February, so we should know more within the next two weeks.
In the e-mail sent concerning the exhibitions delay, they specified the that the crowd-funding rewards were still on track to be sent at the normal dates.

There's an update on the Green Funding site saying that shipments will be delivered by the end of March and and it also includes photos of the painted Zodd statue!
IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, they're a bit late with shipping the rewards... I like the fur on the statue, but it really is much bigger than 1:1 scale. Oh well.

Top Bottom