How the Journey Ends

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Some thought Berserk would never end, some say it never will, but all journeys end one way or another, and in many ways Guts' and his friend's journeys had already reached satisfactory ends, whatever else may have come...

Rickert traveled to Falconia for refuge, like most of humanity, but righteously rejected Griffith, pointing out he was no longer the man who was his leader. He and Erica escape Falconia safely with the help Daiba, Silat and the Tapasa.

ANui7Ri.jpg

Puck is at home in every way.

IvAHjNl.jpg

Isidro is achieving his dream of becoming a legendary warrior and fulfilling his destiny by insisting on training with Casca after finally seeing her fight, even if he's still a, albeit quite formidable, monkey.

ZXc3OYS.jpg

Serpico has made peace with Lady Farnese's growth and independence from him, which has forced him to find his own. He has opened himself emotionally to his new friends and is thankful for how they've changed him and his sister for the better.

IELYStc.jpg

Farnese has come into her own as a confident apprentice witch, caregiver and friend to Casca, whom she treats like a sister and was instrumental in restoring. She has come a long way to make herself a self-realized and truly noble person.

5Rgwj9C.jpg

Schierke has found a new family in Guts and her friends, and moreover an end to their journey in a community where she truly belongs, yet her mistress' departure from there still gives her doubt that she's truly home.

xj4JTD8.jpg

Skull Knight successfully guided Guts on his mission to save Casca, and finally revealed his own past succumbing to a previous generation of God Hand and losing his heretofore unknown lover, whom resembles Danan. She has come to reunite with him at his love's gravestone, and the last we see of them is together.

fB8cTD1.jpg

Griffith got his kingdom, but at the cost of his humanity. Protecting Falconia's borders with Zodd, his top Apostles and a growing army, he espouses a virtuous vision to care for all people while pursuing a prosperous second empire, but he is also behind the threat to humankind and his sinister ambitions, as well the machinations of Void and his fellow God Hand to manipulate the events of human history, know no end. Last we see him, in bed next to the Queen, he disappears mysteriously into the moonlight.

HYc1HdR.jpg

Casca has had her heart and mind restored through the help of her and Guts' new comrades, whom she's immediately grown fond of. She has returned to form a formidable fighter and charismatic personality. She still loves Guts but is recovering from her painful ordeal and unable to bear seeing him for now, though she commends him for his choice of friends and apparent growth. They are giving each other space before their inevitable reconciliation when she can heal her pain once and for all. Perhaps if her family is made whole...

kT2KBTX.jpg

Kzgmq6z.jpg

Guts has persevered, survived it all and finds himself in surprisingly peaceful surroundings. He's accomplished his mission of saving Casca and seeing her restored to her former self, after a fantastical final battle in a dreamscape between a beastly representation of himself and the king of the monsters, a falcon of darkness. Now thoughts of revenge, which he put aside for her, linger only faintly. He is bored on the peaceful island where all he can do now is practice swinging his sword. In the final scene of Berserk he is reunited, unbeknownst to him, with the human form of his son.

FPW9jel.jpg

The Moonlight Boy, Casca's and Guts' child, and Griffith's vessel, has a chance to heal his family this night, and eventually the world...

te05hqo.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. It felt like I was reading the synopsis (is that the right word?) provided at the start of some volumes with the little character windows and descriptions of the story so far. Well done.

That was pretty good. But I believe the companions of Miura will be finish the story. They were working with the man, I think they are capable of creating something good. Of course, it will never be a substitute. Miura was genius, to replicate that they would have to put years I believe, but I still think the ending will be satisfying. That said, if we don't get an oficial ending, this one is actually good and it warms my heart a little. Have a nice day folks. Feel free to correct me and sorry about my english, I am not a native speaker.

This is beautiful, but deep down i still believe that the journey should continue. if studio Gaga have the notes/blueprints of the story from Miura-san, can and/or want to continue the story, i think they should do it. I am very sorry of my selfish request but i am not satisfied with this temporary ending ( although its beautiful ). I feel that Miura-san didnt go this far just for this cliffhanger ( again, i am sorry for my selfish request). Cheers friend

This is beautiful, but deep down i still believe that the journey should continue. if studio Gaga have the notes/blueprints of the story from Miura-san, can and/or want to continue the story, i think they should do it. I am very sorry of my selfish request but i am not satisfied with this temporary ending ( although its beautiful ). I feel that Miura-san didnt go this far just for this cliffhanger ( again, i am sorry for my selfish request). Cheers friend
I'm sorry I am fed up of seeing people say this, I don't care about his assistants, I have only the utmost respect for them, but they shouldn't touch Berserk, this was a vision of a single man, a great man. don't sully berserks name with a half assed ending it will ruin his memory. And you know what I've always wanted Miura to sit down at his desk one day and look at the final manuscript he created and feel a sense of overwhelming accomplishment, and at that moment I want him to be happy knowing he put everything he had into Berserk. He dedicated his entire life to something and he completed it I wanted Miura to feel that.

When it comes to the idea of studio gaga completing berserk I am torn. I want berserk to have an ending but I don't know if it will feel right without Miura. Their work on duranki is not half bad but berserk was Miuras and when I read it I felt like I could feel his energy through the pages. Only he knew exactly how he wanted us as the readers to feel when we flipped the pages and we were coming to a pivotal moment in the story where huge events would take place. Events that needed his vision in order to execute perfectly. We will see what happens but I am not so sure it can continue.

I'm sorry I am fed up of seeing people say this, I don't care about his assistants, I have only the utmost respect for them, but they shouldn't touch Berserk, this was a vision of a single man, a great man. don't sully berserks name with a half assed ending it will ruin his memory. And you know what I've always wanted Miura to sit down at his desk one day and look at the final manuscript he created and feel a sense of overwhelming accomplishment, and at that moment I want him to be happy knowing he put everything he had into Berserk. He dedicated his entire life to something and he completed it I wanted Miura to feel that.
I am deeply sorry if i offend anyone. I too believe that only Miura-san that can create and deliver Berserk. But i still stand by my opinion. Again i am deeply sorry that i am/might be offending anyone from my selfish request or opinion. Cheers friend

I am deeply sorry if i offend anyone. I too believe that only Miura-san that can create and deliver Berserk. But i still stand by my opinion. Again i am deeply sorry that i am/might be offending anyone from my selfish request or opinion. Cheers friend

I am on the fence too, it's just something like berserk just deserves a conclusion too. I feel as though Miura would feel so unsatisfied with leaving it hanging like that after all that work. He had a story he wanted to tell and it is not done. Maybe he did train and trusted his studio to take over in case this happened. We shall see.

Very good post, if this is the last thing we know about berserk characters at least it has some closure.

I think the best thing to do is to follow Miura's wish. Contiuning berserk or not is entirely up to the will/testaments/notes he left right?

This has in a way eased some of the pain from Miura's passing.

Miura has always been one to reward the observant reader, so you are right when you said in one of your other posts that he had left a roadmap to let us know, in some sense, how the story would eventually end. We aren't completely in the dark, then, and there's comfort in that.

Thanks for this, Griffith. Your posts are indeed better.

Top Bottom