SkullKast 115: Remembering Kentarou Miura

Episode 115 - Remembering Miura (52m)

The sudden death of Kentarou Miura has shattered our hearts. Featuring quotes from Miura throughout his career, fans gather to remember what he brought to the world and how he changed ours.

Ending song: Hill of Swords by @nomad.

New mini-podcasts are available right now for our Patreon subscribers. Check out the details on our Patreon.

Thank you guys for this. It was truly beautiful. Berserk forever.

Agent of God

Channelling The Power Of Souls Into A New God
I had managed to distract myself yesterday and temporarily escape the sadness that had overtaken me since hearing the news of Kentarou Miura's passing, but this episode was something I needed to hear even if I knew it would bring back those feelings. Puella's beautiful message destroyed me.
It is comforting (maybe not the best expression to use but I've been unsure how to put what I'm feeling into writing for the past few days) to know there are so many of us across the world who are mourning for this amazing man.

Thank you guys for providing a platform where we can come together as fans and pay our respects.
Rest in peace master Miura. Let it be known that you reached countless people through your art, and you were loved by them.

Thank you for the podcast and this episode in particular. I’ve been a huge Berserk fan for 9 years and am still coping with the news of Miura’s passing. I think about it when I wake up in the mornings and try to push it out of my mind so I can sleep at nights.

Walter said he feels like he and Miura would have been friends in the right circumstances and that he feels like he knows Miura in some sense. As someone who has listened to the Skullkast for the past 5 years, I feel like I sort of know Walter, Grail, Griffith, and Aazealh in a similar way.

I don’t have anyone close to me that really understands how special Berserk is to me or to really share my heartbreak with so this episode has been the one thing to help fill a little bit of the emptiness I’ve been feeling for the past few days. So again, thank you.

Thank you for this heartfelt podcast. I had a lump in my throat hearing you guys, especially Puellas message brought me to tears. I think as a fan it helps a lot to know that you're not alone and that there are so many others out there who feel the same way about Miura's passing. Berserk will always have a special place in my heart and as Aaz said, it's up to us to let others know about Miura's incredible masterpiece. In the past few days there were many people who were curious and asked me about Berserk and I hope they will give it a try to read it, and to enjoy it as much as we did and still do.

I've always faced death with silence. It's difficult sometimes for me to find the proper words for expression in the best of times. Yet, your words rang true to my heart, my dear SkullKasters, and I thank you for expressing what I cannot.

As grief stricken as we may find ourselves, we really were lucky, weren't we? 41 VOLUMES. Gorgeous art work, wonderful characters, and deeply moving storytelling. And we were there for it! Every step of the way.

It's terrible that the journey ended so abruptly, but GOD DAMN we were the lucky ones!

Thank you for this beautiful tribute episode to the cast. It was very heartwarming and touching to say the least. I almost began to cry when that song came on at the end.

Honestly we have been blessed with the amount of beautiful work miura has left us with. It is sad we could not see more as I was really enjoying elfhelm and all the characters there but what can we do.

I will be reading and rereading berserk again and again and again as I have been doing everyday since I started reading it. Everytime I look at a page, I notice something new, I see a new detail, I notice lines I did not see before. Its magical. Thank you again Miura.

I would also like to give my sincere thank you to the wonderful folks of SK.net for putting this podcast together. Collectively, you guys and gals summed up what the Berserk fanbase must certainly be feeling now. I’m still in utter disbelief. There will never be another Kentarō Miura. Rest In Peace.

I was thinking I would really love a follow up podcast to this after you guys have had more time to process and mourn over the passing of Miura Sensei, you guy's were really at a loss for words, I think this is the least Aazealh has ever spoken in a podcast and it's understandable.You have had some more time to find some semblance of peace now hopefully. You could discuss in more detail about your experiences with Berserk and Miura over the years and reminisce about the good times you had. You could discuss Miuras writing and artwork, favourite characters and scenes and how you hoped those characters would end up. Also please ask Puella if she wants to come on, I've listened to every podcast and this was the first time hearing her, she could bring a lot to the table and she seems very passionate about Berserk and Miura it could be the longest episode!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This podcast wasn't a comprehensive view of all of our feelings about Miura and Berserk, but it was sincere, and the news was still very fresh, which is exactly how I wanted to capture it. With that, I've said my piece on the matter. That specific topic isn't something we're going to just hop back into. I don't think continuing to talk about his death as a focal point is the right way to move forward.

You could discuss Miuras writing and artwork, favourite characters and scenes

It's true, we could do a whole podcast series on Berserk! :void: We'll be doing more of those when the time is right.

and how you hoped those characters would end up

There's no shortage of topics, and that's a natural one to cover—just not yet.

This podcast wasn't a comprehensive view of all of our feelings about Miura and Berserk, but it was sincere, and the news was still very fresh, which is exactly how I wanted to capture it. With that, I've said my piece on the matter. That specific topic isn't something we're going to just hop back into. I don't think continuing to talk about his death as a focal point is the right way to move forward.

It's true, we could do a whole podcast series on Berserk! :void: We'll be doing more of those when the time is right.

There's no shortage of topics, and that's a natural one to cover—just not yet.
I don't mean you should talk specifically about his death, i mean just a podcast honouring his memory by talking about his life's work, something completely different in tone to this episode, something more uplifting. But yeah it would be nice to see what you end up doing in the future, and i think the rereads could capture some of these things anyway. Thanks again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mean you should talk specifically about his death, i mean just a podcast honouring his memory by talking about his life's work, something completely different in tone to this episode, something more uplifting. But yeah it would be nice to see what you end up doing in the future, and i think the rereads could capture some of these things anyway. Thanks again.

The entire point of the podcast is to talk about Kentarou Miura's work. That's what we've been doing for 10 years over 114 episodes, and we will continue doing it. To be honest, I find your comments insensitive.

The entire point of the podcast is to talk about Kentarou Miura's work. That's what we've been doing for 10 years over 114 episodes, and we will continue doing it. To be honest, I find your comments insensitive.
I know that. I'm sorry I'm not sure what I did wrong....

Finally I could lay my hands (or ears?) on the podcast. Thank you very much. I value it so much that you did express all those inner intimate feelings, despite the hardship. The best to way to honour the great man is to preserve his heritage - those are words that sticked in my mind after some occured events and the ones I could hear from your conversation.
With the Master's death our aim has changed - we can't sail towards the final destination, as if we were anchored, with the distant land glimmering somewhere far. We now possess the task to preserve and nourish the memories, thoughts exprerienced throughout all this journey aboard SKnet and Berserk. Our voyage continues nevetheless - with the bonds of friendship and family, with the spirit of allegiance assisting us.

Top Bottom