SkullKast 119: Tear of Morning Dew (Ep 364)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 119 - Tear of Morning Dew (Ep 364) (1h 41m)

The Big Berserk Exhibition is finally here! We review all the biggest news from the show and share our impressions of the photos from this milestone event. Finally, Ep 364 delivers the end of Berserk, and besides that point, it's a huge episode with revelations that have been 20 years in the making and a striking ending that we'll never forget. What was the biggest reveal? And what do we think Miura had planned for the next page?

Relevant Links:

New mini-podcasts are available right now for our Patreon subscribers, with more on the way each month. Check out the details on our Patreon!

Last edited:
Such a bittersweet podcast. You guys discussing about the intricacies of the island, what Danan speech means. Still discussing Berserk at a high level of comprehension.
The end was so sad with everyone saying their goodbyes to Berserk. I was playing it on Winamp on a playlist i had set already and just dragged the podcast.mp3 to a random place in the list. Right after the podcast ended, Bad Sneakers from Steely Dan started playing. It was a beautiful melancholy.

Thanks Walter, Aaz, Griffith, Gobbs? and Grail for this. You guys offer closure and comfort to an aching wound, specially right after reading 364

Thank you all for your beautiful words for kentaro and berserk. I can feel the passion and love you have for berserk in everything you say. Always especially like listening to aaz's thoughts. The man is like an encyclopedia on berserk lol. Very nice final podcast and look forward to continue listening to the reread podcasts!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Nice cast guys! Glad I got to listen to it in my vacation! Nos if only my copies can get here. (They're on their way in quebec as we speak.)

Just finished listening to the episode, great discussion and great to hear from everyone.
One thing I also imagine would have possibly been in Miura’s future story plans is that in addition to saving their son to, like how “saving the world” would be an added bonus, I hope that Guts and Casca also “saving their souls” (i.e. removing the brand/ensuring that they aren’t damned to the Vortex of Souls after death) would be part-in-parcel with that.
Also definitely agree that the Boy was almost assuredly going to be key in Griffith/Femto’s (and by extension the God Hand) downfall, the overlooked pebble that would cause them to “trip” so-to-say, with Griffith/Femto “feeling” the boy’s emotions/feelings being a part of it.

It will be interesting to see how Berserk’s legacy as an unfinished masterpiece will develop and shape for its future status/reputation in the literary canon of comics. I think of other unfinished works like Tezuka’s Phoenix and Hergé’s Tintin and Alph-Art and how they are currently remembered as works of serialized art. It’s a very bittersweet thing to ponder.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I hope that Guts and Casca also “saving their souls” (i.e. removing the brand/ensuring that they aren’t damned to the Vortex of Souls after death) would be part-in-parcel with that.

I think so, but I also think it wouldn't explicitly be a goal.

It will be interesting to see how Berserk’s legacy as an unfinished masterpiece will develop and shape for its future status/reputation in the literary canon of comics. I think of other unfinished works like Tezuka’s Phoenix and Hergé’s Tintin and Alph-Art and how they are currently remembered as works of serialized art. It’s a very bittersweet thing to ponder.

I'm sure Berserk's legacy will be that of a massively influencial work that was groundbreaking in more ways people realize. Because of its setting, it's essentially timeless as well.
As a aside, I also think the current situation is quite different from the works you mentioned. Both Tintin and Phœnix consist of interlinked self-contained stories.

Another great discussion to listen to. Please do not stop doing these. Even after you finish all the re-read podcasts! Listening to those makes me feel like forgetting and reading the series again for the first time. A treasure to experience.

Top Bottom