Episode 367

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really posted a detailed rundown of my thoughts about this episode since we talked about it so much in the chat, so I figured I'd try to summarize them.

The key takeaways to me are:

- Will Griffith abduct Casca or not, and if so what will happen to her in Falconia?
- The island is jeopardized. Can it recover or is it going to fall apart? Is Danan as good as dead?
- Griffith has been shown to be insolently invulnerable. What will it take to defeat him?

Going about them in order...

Will Griffith abduct Casca or not, and if so what will happen to her in Falconia?

I've said so before, but the abduction scenario isn't my favorite out of all the possible developments there are for Casca. I would prefer for her to have room to grow with her current companions. I've been especially excited about her potential relationships with Farnese, Isidro and Schierke in the past. Not to mention mending things with Guts, obviously.

The only motive for abducting her that makes sense to me is to curtail the boy's escapades. In that context, the one development I find interesting would be for Casca to be the one to trigger the unraveling of Griffith's little fairy tale. She'd come into contact with various people (Charlotte, Sonia, Owen or Raban...) and make an escape, possibly going through the Pandemonium in the process to give us another look into that place. She would be challenged and come out of it stronger. She'd link up with Luka and the girls, and eventually with Rickert and the Bakiraka.

It could make for a great adventure, and the things she would uncover, combined with the seeds of doubt planted into the minds of some of Griffith's allies, would be the beginning of something significant. The downside to this idea, like I mentioned above, is that it wouldn't leave much time for her relationship with the group to develop. There are possible ways to mitigate this, for example Farnese could jump in to stay with her (but then why spare her life?), or she could eventually travel back to her companions with Sonia's help, but that's too far out to consider for now.

The island is jeopardized. Can it recover or is it going to fall apart? Is Danan as good as dead?

The attack on the island is probably the most interesting part of this episode to me, or at least what I'm most curious about. The first thing I'll say is that I'm glad it's not just Grunbeld and some apostle goons showing up to burn the tree. I favored something more original (versus a repeat of Flora's), like a new threat or even a member of the God Hand, and it looks like we're getting it.

It's hard to guess what that black ooze is, but the first thing it evoked to me was the waves of "mega specters" from the Condemnation arc. What sprang into my mind when I read the episode was that Danan's power may have acted like a seal on some sort of ancient evil, and that dispelling this power has unleashed the darkness.

I've seen some people speculate it could be the restless spirits of ancient invaders (that are mentioned in passing), but I don't feel like that would be a serious enough threat. I think there would be a logic to this phenomenon being connected to the destruction of Gaiseric's capital city (especially since the woman's tomb is there), but it occurred halfway across the world, and we know for a fact that the ruins of that city still remained underneath Wyndham.

Still, it may be related to Void's failed plan from a thousand years ago, one way or another. For example we don't know what happened to his previous acolytes, nor what the aftermath of their deaths might have been like. We also still ignore what the remaining steps of the God Hand's plan are, except they won't be very nice. This ties into another question: is this crisis limited to the island? In theory, our heroes still have a lot of things to do there. Whether it's the armor and Hanarr, Schierke learning to use Daimons, Danan tutoring Farnese... It makes me think the island won't just be destroyed.

Instead I wonder whether this is going to be the big crisis, or if it's more like a prelude: something that will escape into the wider world, leaving behind a devastated Skellig. In that second option, this might have been an integral part of the GH's overarching plan. My problem with that however is it just feels too convenient. It just so happens the faraway place Guts traveled to was the key to the bad guys' plan? Meh. Anyway, following that hypothesis, we could still get an apostle clean-up squad in the end, since no magical protection would remain.

Moving on, my last interrogation is whether Griffith did it all by himself, while yawning as Guts huffed and puffed, and picking up Casca. The episode doesn't show him doing anything, but it's clear he expected it to happen. Was his mere presence enough? Did his kindred perhaps coordinate something? I guess we'll see.

Griffith has been shown to be insolently invulnerable. What will it take to defeat him?

As far as Griffith's portrayal goes in these episodes, I personally feel that its execution does it a bigger disservice than people may realize. Obviously, he was never going to be defeated by Guts at this point, nor even really challenged. But still, a character can only be all powerful for so long before it becomes boring. Miura was always very careful in the ways he depicted his powers, it was mysterious and often ambiguous, even when he was overwhelming. I feel like that nuance is sorely lacking here, even if the intent was to show him being "unreachable". In a way it feels like it's either too much or not enough. Even as Femto in volume 3, he didn't let Guts hit him without reacting.

Maybe the next three episodes will alleviate those concerns, we'll see. I don't know whether the Great Gurus will show up, but the Skull Knight should at least attempt something.

Doing a direct continuation feels like a perilous endeavor

Other than that, I guess I can't avoid commenting on the execution of the episode, which leaves to be desired. Like for the two previous issues, the sequence of events is confusing in several places, as is the depiction of various scenes. From Griffith glancing back at the Beast's eye, to Zodd's spinning hand attack, Guts "just going past" him, Farnese and Schierke's disappearing act, Guts not seeing Casca or not caring, stopping his blow or not, an enormous amount of cherry blossoms being blown off by a light breeze...

And of course there's the mystery of how Zodd came by (or why), of why Danan did not immediately detect Griffith's presence while every other elf did, of the Berserk's armor being a total non-issue, or the brands not mattering. Lastly, the dialogue, while very basic, still felt off to me, with Serpico somehow acting like Isidro and Isma's dad among other things.

None of this is particularly surprising, but I think it shows just how much of a challenge it's going to be for Mori and the staff to tell the rest of the story like that. Going back to what I said when the project was first announced, I believe the jury's still out on whether a direct continuation to the manga was the right choice of format for this endeavor. In many ways, the execution on the page is as important if not more than the "plot points", and there's definitely a certain awkwardness in experiencing the story this way. What's sure is that I hope they stick to their guns, tell only what they're sure was Miura's intent, and finish it off as quickly as they can.

GutsSlash.jpg

Lastly, I keep thinking back to this illustration that Miura had prepared in advance for the Great Berserk Exhibition. Given the timing, it's pretty clear to me that he intended for it to be used in this confrontation with Griffith. What a great reveal that would have been for the series' 30th anniversary! But it seems they won't be using it, maybe for legal reasons, maybe just because it'd be disrespectful to integrate Miura's art into their own. Either way, I can't help thinking that it's such a shame we won't see it in all its glory, within an episode.

I wonder if danan will be able to do anything at all in this situation. She seemed winded just by Griffiths presence. I was totally expecting her to be the one to come crashing down on his parade.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The only motive for abducting [Casca] that makes sense to me is to curtail the boy's escapades.
That's the motive for Griffith, certainly. But it's insufficient, to me. The boy would still want his parents to be together. And he wouldn't just abandon Guts because mom is near. Unless Griffith piles on a threat or something. "If you leave, who will protect your vulnerable mother, surrounded by apostles?" :griffnotevil: Anyway, Casca being in Falconia also provides a motive for Guts and crew to head immediately to Falconia. Of course, other motivations could have been introduced as well—like to rescue their son.

The attack on the island is probably the most interesting part of this episode to me, or at least what I'm most curious about. The first thing I'll say is that I'm glad it's not just Grunbeld and some apostle goons showing up to burn the tree. I favored something more original (versus a repeat of Flora's), like a new threat or even a member of the God Hand, and it looks like we're getting it.
I've said so before, but I really like this idea! :ubik:And I do think it makes sense that there's something special about Elfhelm's placement and role in the world. Maybe it has to do with ley lines, and this particular place—isolated from the world, surrounded by protection and time displacement, guarded by powerful magic users—is an elaborate web of protection to keep this ancient evil away from the world.

At the same time, I don't think there needs to be another global threat. The world is already trashed, and humans have no chance. So what role would such a thing play? Griffith and the Falconians are ample, and they already have a target themselves. I just don't see the immediate benefit of inviting yet another opposing force for our already outnumbered good guys.

For these reasons, I think Griffith uncorked something evil simply to leave the island in ruin, and that's about it. If you'll excuse the comparison, it's not dissimilar to what Schierke does when she needs a hand. She looks around for spirits she can ask for help. Griffith's friends are just grosser.

Lastly, I keep thinking back to this illustration that Miura had prepared in advance for the Great Berserk Exhibition. Given the timing, it's pretty clear to me that he intended for it to be used in this confrontation with Griffith. What a great reveal that would have been for the series' 30th anniversary! But it seems they won't be using it, maybe for legal reasons, maybe just because it'd be disrespectful to integrate Miura's art into their own.
I think it wasn't included because it would have been immediately incongruent with the new Studio Gaga's art. If I had to guess a moment for it to have been used, I’d pick around where Ep 366's page 7 (standalone page of Guts slashing) is. It could be a heightened moment of action that served to transition to Farnese and Schierke. So we can just imagine it being there. Maybe even get some tape and make it happen? :shrug: ... :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's the motive for Griffith, certainly. But it's insufficient, to me. The boy would still want his parents to be together. And he wouldn't just abandon Guts because mom is near. Unless Griffith piles on a threat or something. "If you leave, who will protect your vulnerable mother, surrounded by apostles?" :griffnotevil:

Agreed. I like the idea of her being imprisoned in the Pandemonium and the boy basically being her sole respite, essentially forcing him to stay with her whenever he's out. And it'd be even more effective if Griffith preemptively locked himself up with her and had Zodd guarding the door or something. Of course, the problem with that is... how would she get out? :magni: Sonia would basically be the only non-apostle character able to sneak in there.

Anyway, Casca being in Falconia also provides a motive for Guts and crew to head immediately to Falconia. Of course, other motivations could have been introduced as well—like to rescue their son.

Yeah, I hate to say it but it feels rather unrefined, and makes the entire journey from the Hill of Swords to Elfhelm feel a bit useless. All that talk about having to choose between pursuing revenge or protecting her, and in the end he's just got to go save her from him?

At the same time, I don't think there needs to be another global threat. The world is already trashed, and humans have no chance. So what role would such a thing play? Griffith and the Falconians are ample, and they already have a target themselves. I just don't see the immediate benefit of inviting yet another opposing force for our already outnumbered good guys.

Agreed, on its face it doesn't feel absolutely necessary. I'd be fine with it either way.

If I had to guess a moment for it to have been used, I’d pick around where Ep 366's page 7

Yep, it feels like the exact same moment, with page 7 directly following Miura's illustration.

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
I like the idea of her being imprisoned in the Pandemonium and the boy basically being her sole respite, essentially forcing him to stay with her whenever he's out. And it'd be even more effective if Griffith preemptively locked himself up with her and had Zodd guarding the door or something. Of course, the problem with that is... how would she get out?
I think another issue here is that she would be in a state of constant distress if this were to happen. Even if he were to lock himself in with her, she's not in her mentally retarded Elaine state anymore, so I'm not exactly sure how his presence would console her. Maybe I'm forgetting some details.
Also (assuming that the explanation of how the brand works in volume 3 isn't discarded with this current continuation), Casca's damaged psyche, along with Griffith and all those apostles being there (some of who were even present during the eclipse) could result in the pain from the brand outright killing her. You could say "What about Guts?" but Guts is well...Guts. Casca is not resilient in that same way.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think another issue here is that she would be in a state of constant distress if this were to happen. Even if he were to lock himself in with her, she's not in her mentally retarded Elaine state anymore, so I'm not exactly sure how his presence would console her. Maybe I'm forgetting some details.

No, you're right, it would be a pretty horrible situation for her. Although I think she could still take solace in seeing her son, even if she knew he shares a body with Griffith (I meant that he'd go there as he transforms).

Also (assuming that the explanation of how the brand works in volume 3 isn't discarded with this current continuation), Casca's damaged psyche, along with Griffith and all those apostles being there (some of who were even present during the eclipse) could result in the pain from the brand outright killing her. You could say "What about Guts?" but Guts is well...Guts. Casca is not resilient in that same way.

Well in the scenerio I imagine she'd be somewhere relatively isolated within the building, not in close proximity to them at all times. It's a valid point though and that's why it's not sure at all she'd be put there specifically. I just like the idea of her sneaking in or out of that place, because the brand would heighten the tension.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What if Griffith just let her roam through the city? No prison, no guard. After all, could she really survive beyond the walls on her own? Branded with no protection?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
What if Griffith just let her roam through the city? No prison, no guard. After all, could she really survive beyond the walls on her own? Branded with no protection?

I've thought about that as well. In theory, why not? It would give us the opportunity to see Falconia from her perspective, and she could easily enough stumble upon Luka and the others. However, leaving her to her own devices invites potential problems for Griffith down the line. Basically it doesn't sound like a very smart plan to me if what he cares about is mitigating the weakness his transformation into the boy represents. Maybe he'd be so confident he just wouldn't care or something, but I still find it a bit odd.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I’d wager Guts can actually make Griffith have to dodge if he has Schierke merged to him. She can see/sense things he can’t and she can still use spells while merged (last time Gut’s was the medium).

I mean... That's not really how it works. Usually she just helps him stay conscious while using the armor. The time she channeled the Blazing Wheel into the Dragon Slayer was a special case, and it's not guaranteed that would work against Griffith.

Putting that aside though, I agree magic should be able to interfere with the maelstrom around him and maybe that would make him vulnerable. This is why it would be so interesting to see the Great Gurus face off against him (or even against another member of the God Hand).

Is Casca even aware what the brand means?

Up until episode 364, I would say probably not. She hasn't regained all of her memories yet and I don't think anyone explained it to her. That said, what she just experienced may have unlocked some of those puzzle pieces for her.

I mean... That's not really how it works. Usually she just helps him stay conscious while using the armor. The time she channeled the Blazing Wheel into the Dragon Slayer was a special case, and it's not guaranteed that would work against Griffith.

Putting that aside though, I agree magic should be able to interfere with the maelstrom around him and maybe that would make him vulnerable. This is why it would be so interesting to see the Great Gurus face off against him (or even against another member of the God Hand).
Unless the translation is wrong, Schierke says mind = ethereal body.

And it’s True we don’t know the extent that her mind/ethereal body is “merged” (which. I only say because Guts said they were “one”). My main wonder being how quick the exchange of information actually is, and if it’s anything like thought transferance, which gives you the picture in an instant.

But what we know is that she has guided Gut’s while he was blind and deaf. She also directed him to the Sea God’s heart via following it’s Od. Gut’s has to contest Griffith himself (i’d imagine). Outside of any new developments this seems like the only one that makes sense.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Unless the translation is wrong, Schierke says mind = ethereal body.

Sorry, I don't know what you're responding to... And you're going to need to tell me precisely what you're referring to (what line in what scene) if you want me to confirm it.

And it’s True we don’t know the extent that her mind/ethereal body is “merged” (which. I only say because Guts said they were “one”).

They're not merged per se, it's more like she latches on to the Berserk's armor. But I understood what you meant.

But what we know is that she has guided Gut’s while he was blind and deaf. She also directed him to the Sea God’s heart via following it’s Od. Gut’s has to contest Griffith himself (i’d imagine). Outside of any new developments this seems like the only one that makes sense.

She gave him simple directions: "keep walking right ahead" and "do it now". Like I said, I do expect magic to play a major role in understanding the nature of Griffith's power and possibly in neutralizing it, but I don't believe it's going to just be a matter of Schierke telling Guts where to strike. It's not like for Ganishka's cloud form where they could disturb the astral projection.

Sorry, I don't know what you're responding to... And you're going to need to tell me precisely what you're referring to (what line in what scene) if you want me to confirm it.
I think that was just me constructing my thoughts/post real time.
She gave him simple directions: "keep walking right ahead" and "do it now". Like I said, I do expect magic to play a major role in understanding the nature of Griffith's power and possibly in neutralizing it, but I don't believe it's going to just be a matter of Schierke telling Guts where to strike. It's not like for Ganishka's cloud form where they could disturb the astral projection.
I see. Concerning the “nature of Griffith’s power” you’ve reminded me about the talk of his “immense Od that charms people”. We’ve seen Od Manipulation used as a “suggestive” tool often by Schierke (to direct people’s attention or freeze their bodies). If that’s Griffith’s main trick, a witch on the back can likely help to counteract it.

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
We’ve seen Od Manipulation used as a “suggestive” tool often by Schierke (to direct people’s attention or freeze their bodies). If that’s Griffith’s main trick, a witch on the back can likely help to counteract it.

Nah, no way that's what it boils down to. His power is overwhelming, as we've seen time and again.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've thought about that as well. In theory, why not? It would give us the opportunity to see Falconia from her perspective, and she could easily enough stumble upon Luka and the others. However, leaving her to her own devices invites potential problems for Griffith down the line.

I didn't imagine him letting her wander all of Falconia freely, but I definitely thought she could be left within the "protection" of the castle walls, especially if the point is to pacify the child but treating her relatively well, arguably keeping her more safe than she is out with Guts and co, albeit against her will. Beyond that, he could also essentially assign "bodyguards" to watch her at all times, whether that's a trusted apostle (like Irvine, someone that could potentially provide some conversation) or just regular members of the Falcons if the brand is indeed going to continue to be an issue (it would be ironic if he had someone put a protection on her =). Mule would also be a good candidate, and of course would give Sonia a natural window to horn in (if Griff is indeed wise enough to avoid putting them together =).

Basically it doesn't sound like a very smart plan to me if what he cares about is mitigating the weakness his transformation into the boy represents. Maybe he'd be so confident he just wouldn't care or something, but I still find it a bit odd.

Well, at least in theory the precautions above would make it less risky or at least acceptably not stupid for him to attempt in the name of appeasement, but also, so far Griffith's only faux pas and setbacks all have to do with the surviving members of the Falcons, so it would be logical if that proves to be the scuff on the white armor yet again. Given what we've seen, if Danan, Skull Knight, the great gurus, and the denizens of Elfhelm can't at least put him on defense, then maybe this is truly it.:shrug:

Speaking of which, are we sure the most logical and likely solution is mollification, essentially? It seems untenable and somehow... too embarrassing a situation and beneath an otherwise invincible demon god (they were going to murder Rickert in the light of day over arguably less). I mean, that in itself could continue to be the irony, but after a millennium of prep are the God Hand really just going to roll forward with this side show continuing? Perhaps we should also consider if he's got a more sinister plan in mind to exorcise this demon child permanently. These guys did the ritual that created this situation, evil rituals are their thing, so theoretically they could change it with another, even if it's as simple as Void presiding over Griffith's own corridor of dreams in the center of Pandemonium to lock the boy away forever (or at least for a time). :femto:

:void:: "We need to talk... So, about this kid thing... You are EMBARRASSING ME! You're the fucking incarnated one, a god on earth, you're supposed to appear to humanity as their idealized leader! But once a month you basically walk around dressed in a diaper!? We can't have some sacrifice pull your little dick out in front of everyone and jerk you off until nothing comes out because you are a boy!"

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Beyond that, he could also essentially assign "bodyguards" to watch her at all times, whether that's a trusted apostle (like Irvine, someone that could potentially provide some conversation) or just regular members of the Falcons if the brand is indeed going to continue to be an issue (it would be ironic if he had someone put a protection on her =).

I think the biggest issue would have to be the fact seeing Griffith or thinking about him (or just the Band of the Falcon) would provoke panic attacks like it does for anything relating to the past. That would be hard to avoid given that she'd be in a city literally made in his image. Maybe getting her to confront the Eclipse head on would be the point, but I don't know how that would work given how sensitive she's been so far. And yeah I don't think the Brand could be sweeped under the rug either. If any apostle were to be watching her, it'd probably be Rakshas and from afar, and I can't imagine it'd be very benevolent.

Speaking of which, are we sure the most logical and likely solution is mollification, essentially? It seems untenable and somehow... too embarrassing a situation and beneath an otherwise invincible demon god (they were going to murder Rickert in the light of day over arguably less). I mean, that in itself could continue to be the irony, but after a millennium of prep are the God Hand really just going to roll forward with this side show continuing? Perhaps we should also consider if he's got a more sinister plan in mind to exorcise this demon child permanently. These guys did the ritual that created this situation, evil rituals are their thing, so theoretically they could change it with another, even if it's as simple as Void presiding over Griffith's own corridor of dreams in the center of Pandemonium to lock the boy away forever (or at least for a time).

Yeah that's my problem with all this talk of letting Casca roam freely and so on. These are the bad guys we're talking about, and if there's anyone they respect less than the average schmuck, it's a person bearing the Brand of Sacrifice. At this point, Guts and especially Casca are nothing but a liability for Griffith, and as far as I can tell the only reason he hasn't killed them already is the boy's presence inside of him. It's hard to imagine him not trying to remedy the problem once and for all.

Griffith

InI think the biggest issue would have to be the fact seeing Griffith or thinking about him (or just the Band of the Falcon) would provoke panic attacks like it does for anything relating to the past. That would be hard to avoid given that she'd be in a city literally made in his image. Maybe getting her to confront the Eclipse head on would be the point, but I don't know how that would work given how sensitive she's been so far.

Well, she's specifically been sensitive to Guts and now Griffith, but we haven't seen her anywhere else, so I don't know if beyond those two specific individuals even the architecture of the city and what it represents would put her that much ill at ease. It's definitely plausible given what she knows and has experienced, it could be like a personal hell for her.

And yeah I don't think the Brand could be sweeped under the rug either.

Or seemingly swept under her dress in this case.

If any apostle were to be watching her, it'd probably be Rakshas and from afar, and I can't imagine it'd be very benevolent.

Yeah, he's the natural for such a role, but doesn't add anything but general menace (and that hardly seems necessary), so I was thinking who would be a little different and hadn't already played the part, like Locus (who isn't any less ominous and can't even pretend to be genuine anyway =). Zodd's the ultimate wild card to be her guard, body, prison or otherwise. He is a "familar face" at least :ganishka:, didn't participate in the Eclipse Ceremony, and if more Apostles don't show up this might be so secret the others don't really need to know the details.

Yeah that's my problem with all this talk of letting Casca roam freely and so on. These are the bad guys we're talking about, and if there's anyone they respect less than the average schmuck, it's a person bearing the Brand of Sacrifice. At this point, Guts and especially Casca are nothing but a liability for Griffith, and as far as I can tell the only reason he hasn't killed them already is the boy's presence inside of him. It's hard to imagine him not trying to remedy the problem once and for all.

Right, and, especially after Rickert, I doubt even Griffith will be arrogant enough, or inclined, to try and recruit Casca to chase the dream again, "Water under the bridge... at least until your inevitable damnation, but even then we'll still be together!" :griffnotevil:

As previously mentioned, it's also a perfect opportunity for Griffith to drop the mask and show his true face to someone he knows while being constrained in how severely he can deal with them, and whether they all play nice or not may depend on how permanent this situation is intended to be, like is Casca safe until the next full moon but essentially on the clock until the boy manifests and they can potentially deal with him? They can't even leave them to their own devices or the boy could just help her escape (I also feel like without intense, active protection of some kind Skully could just "cut in" and out with her, but they could always BS "the magic protection around the city prevents it," blah blah).

Anyway, I think there's a perfect way to thread the needle here, where they're playing relatively nice but she's still a doomed hostage at best that needs to find a way out before too long. I just don't know if it won't be easier narratively for them, the bad guys and Mori/Studio Gaga, to basically lock her up until the next full moon and whatever they plan to do about her and the boy then. :shrug:

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, she's specifically been sensitive to Guts and now Griffith, but we haven't seen her anywhere else, so I don't know if beyond those two specific individuals even the architecture of the city and what it represents would put her that much ill at ease.

Well she did have an attack when she thought Isidro reminded her of Judo... Not sure whether at some point it will all "unlock" and then stick with her if she confronts it or how else it could be done, but the feeling I've had so far is that it should be navigated carefully in order for her to start her journey towards healing (versus relapsing).

They can't even leave them to their own devices or the boy could just help her escape

Yep.

Griffith

Well she did have an attack when she thought Isidro reminded her of Judo... Not sure whether at some point it will all "unlock" and then stick with her if she confronts it or how else it could be done, but the feeling I've had so far is that it should be navigated carefully in order for her to start her journey towards healing (versus relapsing).

I hope whatever it is it's concluded before long, as I wasn't crazy about a long, drawn out recovery process even before the kidnapping plot reared its head. After 20+ years I'm just impatient to get that fucking mutual embrace, and that's something they CAN properly portray.

This was a nice way to end the conversation. =)

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I hope whatever it is it's concluded before long, as I wasn't crazy about a long, drawn out recovery process even before the kidnapping plot reared its head. After 20+ years I'm just impatient to get that fucking mutual embrace

Indeed. I'm fine with not getting a love scene within 5 episodes or anything, but at least let her develop and be badass again. Sigh, this is a depressing train of thought now because I'm never going to get what I really want. =(

This was a nice way to end the conversation. =)

I mean it! That's why I concocted a "locked up in a cell" scenario with Zodd at the door, even though nothing guarantees Zodd could or would actually stop him.

Griffith will not get out of the island with Casca.

Guts is using the Berserker Armor.
I think that he can jump out of that fall and come back again.
He cannot beat Griffith, but he can beat Zodd.

With everything already falling apart in Elfhelm, Skull Knight will most likely intervene.
I don't know whether or not he can damage Griffith, but perhaps he can do something to Casca back.

And Dannan will help as well.
She may be fragilized but she is still in the island.
And there are some remaining parts of Elfhelm.

Schierke has made connection with those odd dark creatures.
Perhaps they will provide some help as well?

I may be wrong in many ways but, for a confusing episode, this is my opinion on what will happen.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Schierke has made connection with those odd dark creatures.

Sorry but no, the spirit she used for her little demonstration wasn't related to the "black ooze" that's spewing out from under the island.
Other than that, I think we all agree that it's not over yet.

Griffith

Indeed. I'm fine with not getting a love scene within 5 episodes or anything, but at least let her develop and be badass again. Sigh, this is a depressing train of thought now because I'm never going to get what I really want. =(

I actually think it's the simpliest things that will benefit most from this: the joy of seeing Casca fully restored and in action again. Granted, not off to great start here! But my point is they don't need detailed notes from Miura or his dialogue and dramatic chops just to fulfill this promise, it will be kind of self-evident, a simple panel or full page of her being completely back and looking badass will do.

I mean it!

Sure, Aaz. :griffnotevil: In any case, this is a great segue into Casca's and Sonia's first conversation about Griffith!

4246d78c3d6d5ef6c622200d346782b0.jpg

IQiLuBU.png

sure-jan_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom