Episode 368

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Episode 368 will be published in Young Animal #16, slated to be released on August 12.

RELEASES: August 12, 2022
DIGITAL STORE: Hakusensha-E (Price: 450円 / $3.5)
PHYSICAL COPY: Buy from Amazon Japan (Price: around $20 shipping included)

YA2022-16.jpg

This episode is part of the new serialization of Berserk that is being done without Kentarou Miura. It's based on some of the material he left behind as well as what he had told his close ones of the story over the years. Kouji Mori, his best friend and a fellow mangaka, writes and supervises the series while his former assistants draw it under the banner of Studio Gaga.

-----------------------------------------------------

Our forum policy prohibits the posting of full episode scans. Read more about our decision here. Instead, you are encouraged to purchase the digital edition of Young Animal.

First time buying a digital Young Animal magazine?

Read Aazealh's guide, or watch Walter's video tutorial.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: This magazine is only in Japanese? I can't read Japanese, so why should I buy it?
A:
I can't read Japanese either. But if you want to follow along with the latest Berserk releases, getting this magazine is the only legal way to do it. Berserk's episodes run in these magazines months or years before they are collected into a volume. You can read our summaries on the forum and wait for our English text-based translations of each episode, available in a week or so after release.

Q: What do I need to set up an account on Hakusensha-E?
A:
A valid email address, a Chrome browser (or another browser with a built-in Japanese language translation), and a credit card. PayPal is not accepted at this time. Follow Aazealh's guide to learn more in-depth information on setting up an account.

Q: Purchasing requires my bank to do extra stuff because it's an international purchase. What do I do?
A:
This happens to many first-time customers to shops outside your country of origin. It's your bank flagging a new kind of transaction from a new country. To ensure that this transaction is valid, you may be asked for more information to verify your identity and your bank account. Afterward, this is an automatic process. If you have further questions, you can read VISA's guide on how this process works, or contact your bank.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Im not sure to be honest. I get a vibe that something similar to the events in Albion would have happened here. On the suspense/tension aspect without necessarily having Casca get abducted.

Of course it would have been played out in Miura's excellent way of doing these kind of things.

The suspence in Albion when Guts is in the tower trying to get Casca's back from Mozgus while fighting his little angels is one of my favorite moments in this part of the story. Even though I know how it turns out, I'm always on the edge of my seat when I reread it. So I think it could have been something similar.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Do you all think the original intention was to have Casca kidnapped after this entire journey?
"Abduction" would be the relevant term, not "kidnap." Griffith won't be asking for ransom. And I think it's premature to say that's ultimately going to happen. Right now Griffith is holding her in a manner not dissimilar to what happened on the Hill of Swords.

And if you're going to reply with something related to the leaks, then you need to spoiler tag that shit, and I won't be reading it until after the official release.

Just going from the couple leaked pages, at least
Skull Knight looks pretty cool, and we have a new reaction image for Guts' despair...T_T

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Anyone see the spoiler panels yet? Super stoked for this episode!

I don't know how stoked they make me since, as Walter pointed out, out of context, low quality images don't exactly paint the episodes in the best light. I did enjoy all the performative reactions on Twitter though, e.g. "OMG I saw the Berserk leaks and they caused me to cry hysterically, wet and discard my pants, and castrate myself publically in my now former place of employment!!"

And I thought my enthusiasm level was pretty high lately!

Episode 368 will have 19 pages and ''still few dialogues'' according to the guy who leaked some panels.

Eh, while I'm glad the guy posting spy photos for attention and the unwashed masses have found a unique meme to treat Studio Gaga as pettily as they did Miura at times, I think the text-to-page count is even more fraught than the leaks themselves. For instance, while it's clear Guts and Griffith aren't nearly as verbally expressive as they might otherwise have been, the level of exposition has been fine for largely action heavy episodes. Also, because they, and probably we, don't want them making too much extemporaneous dialogue up, most episodes are probably going to be more action-oriented than they might have been. It's just another example of how things must shift under these conditions.

Well it seems the history is really moving towards Casca's abduction, what bothers me is how quickly this is happening since i was hoping more interaction between Guts and Griffith but we'll have to wait until the episode is realeased to see how this goes, also that panel of Guts has so much meme potential.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
I liked the spoilers, the only litle error,
the armor of the SK is still broken, while in Episode 363 was shown fixed.

The whole thing is up now, though as per the rules I shouldn't link it, should I? I'm feeling pretty positive about it, I dont wanna spoil too much until more peeps have read it, but
there was more dialogue here than in previous chapters, and what there is is pretty good, I think. Skull Knight has a REALLY interesting line about the evil spirits being the true rulers of the island, though that may be a very rough translation and we should wait for Puella I suppose. Also, he has a cool quote about how even if "this collapse may have been preordained, but could the undying will of man to resist also be part of fate?" That sounds very...skull-y, I think Mori-sensei has a good grasp on the dialogue. It's not quite as restrained as Miura would have been, I think, but he captures Miura's intent well at least.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The whole thing is up now, though as per the rules I shouldn't link it, should I?
No, you shouldn't. The official digital episode will be out Thursday and costs less than a cup of coffee.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
So, I like the Episode, just, well, when they announced a color page I exepcted something new and not the Cover of Volume 41 :troll:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I go from being lightly enthusiastic about berserk-lite, to hating it, not only on an episode basis, but almost from page to page. I remember being pissed about Casca being kidnapped and some people saying not to jump to conclusions, well, there it is. Also the translation that's out is a bit rough, either that or what Skull knight is saying is stupid.

I go from being lightly enthusiastic about berserk-lite, to hating it, not only on an episode basis, but almost from page to page. I remember being pissed about Casca being kidnapped and some people saying not to jump to conclusions, well, there it is. Also the translation that's out is a bit rough, either that or what Skull knight is saying is stupid.
I mean, if they're going off of "Mr. Miura said so", this is probably what was bound to happen either way.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Definitely the most "normal" episode by Studio Gaga yet, not in the content of the events but the presentation. Though, of all characters I certainly didn't expect to get Skull Knight's inner thoughts, or that they'd be, as Nighty put it, "stupid." =) Otherwise, it showed this can be more than Berserk: The Picture Book.

As for Casca being sidelined, that's the most narratively consistent thing they've done so far. :griffnotevil:

Last edited:

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
the armor of the SK is still broken, while in Episode 363 was shown fixed.

What about the neck do his horse? It looks more like a giraffe :troll:

Besides that, i think that the quality in all episodes we have until now is very consistent, some minor errors, the dialog isn't that good, but this is the better that I could expect for Berserk without Miura :shrug:

Definitely the most "normal" episode by Studio Gaga yet, not in the content of the events but the presentation. Though, of all characters I certainly didn't expect to get Skull Knight's inner thoughts, or that they'd be, as Nighty put it, "stupid." =) Otherwise, it showed this can be more than Berserk: The Picture Book.

As for Casca being sidelined, that's the most narratively consistent thing they've done so far. :griffnotevil:
We have gotten scenes of Skull Knight talking to himself before, have we not?

Well, it seems whe got more dialogue on this chapter and we got to see Roderick, Azan and Magnifico, also is interesting to see what SK is thinking of the situation, although his dialogue still has some of his usual "flavor" it felt a bit strange but that could be do the translation, in any case, i still believe Studio Gaga should slow down with the releases, because it really shows in this chapter (Skull knight giraffe-horse and most panels of guts look like they were rushed, and they still havent explain how Zodd was able to travel through the world tree branches without getting lost.

Last edited:
Skull Knight's dialogue is super off and out of character, and Guts and Casca's faces still look fking atrocious. I don't know how I'm supposed to get invested in what's going on if the main character looks mentally challenged in every single panel.

Top Bottom