Recent content by 4M4M

1. 4

He was a jerk, but he was really funny paired with Casca, or in the battlefield. Even by the...

He was a jerk, but he was really funny paired with Casca, or in the battlefield. Even by the end, I don't think of his death as dramatic as the others, it hurts, but it's still so surreal how he's sure it's all a dream.
  2. 4

Your most hated words

Since English is not my native language, I can't really say I hate any trendy word or buzzword or w/e. But, translating slang into Spanish, like basado, chinposting, bocho (as in bait/b8), ohhh, that really ticks me off.
  3. 4

Berserk Community Re-Read: Volume 2 (current)

What I meant is that Puck is usually the talkative one, even in the first volume. Though it's not like Guts elaborates that much on it in the first place, that's why it really doesn't matter to me if he's the one that mentions it, it's still not an issue to me that Guts knows about them.
  4. 4

Given the time, I suppose it would be cool to explain such a creature like that to your audience. Puck should've been the one to explain it given that's usually his role, but Guts didn't elaborate as much about it. It's something simple to me in that sense.
  5. 4

A brief self-introduction and a question about the currently ongoing Community Re-Read

I kinda get where you are coming from. Usually, when people get to read a manga after its anime adaptation, they just continue where the anime ends. It's common practice, I suppose, though it's not ideal, especially for this manga. Reading 300+ episodes, considering some are of huge lenght if...
  6. 4

What I really like about the very first scene of the manga is that it sets the tone perfectly. IF you want to keep reading, you will, and therefore you will enjoy it, guaranteed. But if it's too much for you, you'll probably stop right there. Also, the manga doesn't start with an info dump, it's...
  7. 4

Miura's education

Weird enough, I do remember an old article in Spanish that featured an inverse falsehood that Miura dropped out of University to pursue his mangaka career. With modern journalism or internet blogs you always lose, I suppose! It's similar with how people mistake Miura as the assistant of Hara...
  8. 4

A page Miura re-did from scratch in volume 10 (episode 55)

Yeah, it seemed like I was complaining too much about the title pages with the Berserks added at the start (while I do want to see all the clean title pages that lose detail due to the text, I must admit that the title drop is pleasing to see and something that describes the early Berserk manga...
  9. 4

A page Miura re-did from scratch in volume 10 (episode 55)

Aaz, now that you have posted about a title page, I have a question, is there any artbook or compilation that features full art of title pages? It seems that both the magazine and tankoubon versions opted to include the huge ベルセルク title + episode title + magazine credits et al at the start of...
  10. 4

Berserk manga sales summary

Amazing stuff, @Léon-Solide :ubik: Wish I had some data based on Spanish localised volumes, sales over the years, etc.
  11. 4

SkullKast 135: Refugees on the Western Sea (Ep 370)

Sorry I haven't been listening to the podcasts, I haven't got much time nowadays, maybe I'll plug em to my car... :griffnotevil:
  12. 4

Episode 370

Ehh, this episode was just plain bad, 369 (or 368?) and Gaga's debut were miles better in comparison. I mean, Guts suffering is somewhat expected, but it's handed very poorly now, the dialogue is just ineffective in so many levels. Same as the Guts companions dialogues, they are just so simple...
  13. 4

A different scenario for post-Eclipse Casca

Aaz, I always wondered, was the audience supposed to differentiate Elaine from Casca at times, or was that just a simple coincidence that the girls had to name her differently for obvious convinience?
  14. 4

The Horror Movie Thread

One I always "loved" (as in shat my pants each night I watched it) and treasured as a child on an old VHS I had that even got corrupted was Sleepaway Camp. It was just so scary to me, back then, I always showed this movie when a new friend came over for a pijamada and the overall reaction was...
  15. 4

What's the meaning of Kenpuu Denki?

I do wonder, why didn't anyone decide to include a translation of this official title? this anime adaptation is more commonly known as Berserk 97 to this day...
Top Bottom