Recent content by A.C

1. A

Episode 376 - Prediction Bingo

- Still no explanation for why the magical creatures on Elfhelm and the Merrows disappeared while Puck and Ivalera remains - Puck still does not reflect on or seem to care that his home and everyone on it disappeared - Serpico does not show he is a skilled swordsman - Molda's presence is ignored...
  2. A

Episode 374

When I'm talking about the Beast, and Guts "giving in to" or "choosing the path of" the Beast, I'm not really talking about the armor. The armor was made to bring its wearer towards going berserk regardless, and is the most prominent fashion the Beast can utilize to manifest itself, serving its...
  3. A

Episode 374

The Beast of Darkness was always a bit difficult to read and make sense of, apart from the general gist that it represents a conflicting desire within Guts on what path to take: find peace with Casca (and other potential comrades that kept accumulating during the journey) or go after Griffith...
  4. A

New interview with Mori about Miura, Berserk and more

This part, does it say that Mori and Miura used to simulate/enact important scenes from Berserk by doing skits, and that Miura and Mori simulated/enacted the scene where Griffith takes off with Casca when the island collapses, leaving Guts leaning against his sword, with Miura playing the part...
  5. A

Episode 375

I see. But that introduces a bunch of other problems, such as what Guts' state would have been like after the fight with Griffith. Would he have lost his spirit while still remaining on the island? Would he care about anything else the inhabitants had to say after his defeat? Would he even have...
  6. A

Episode 375

While I agree that something felt off about how quickly and abruptly we left things behind that were set up on the island, I have a hard time imagining Skull Knight's past being told while the island is slowly being destroyed around them. Recall that Griffith already made his appearance in...
  7. A

Episode 375

At the end we see a bright sunrise emerging, which seems to signal the end of dramatic tension for a bit. I don't imagine we're going to see much happening within the next few episodes. Or it will cut to Griffith's perspective. No doubt the place Guts' party has arrived at and Griffith's plans...
  8. A

Episode 374

What I find strange is that they went through all the island calamity so fast, especially episode 369 where we barely had enough pages to process the island's major collapse and flooding or the fleeing of the magic users (most of it crammed together on one page with a big drawing of Puck on top...
  9. A

Berserk Community Re-Read: Volume 2 (current)

About two months ago I started reading the manga chronologically after not having read the manga all the way through for many years, starting with Guts' birth towards the end of Volume 3, making a brief stop right before Guts' first encounter with the Band of the Falcon in Volume 4 to read the...
  10. A

Episode 371

Does this mean that Studio Gaga have been working on these episodes since around the publication of the first ones (365+366), or that they went back and added additional pages of material (perhaps some of the dialogue and characterization), or that they added the whole of episode 371 to the end...
  11. A

Episode 371

You're right, it probably isn't worth dwelling on too much. But I'll throw out one more hypothesis because I just thought of it - maybe elves are anchored or fixed to, or can become fixed to, other living entities, such as how Chich was fixed to her flower. And maybe what they are fixed to can...
  12. A

Episode 371

The only thing that seems to make sense for Puck and Ivalera not disappearing, if the Studio Gaga events are taken seriously, is the fact they've been in the physical realm longer than the Merrows and inhabitants of Elfhelm. So the best explanation, if any, would probably be something like an...
  13. A

Episode 371

Well, if one should not draw too many conclusions based only on what Studio Gaga depicted, and we don't know exactly where Merrows fall on the elemental weight scale, then perhaps elves such as dwarves who live closer to places that resembles Qliphoth (as I think Schierke pointed out when they...
  14. A

Episode 371

Yeah, but similar to a volcanic eruption undermining an island by bursting forth Lava one would not expect an ordinary island to sink completely under water like that, unless it rested on an unusally delicate foundation not much wider than the island itself, as if it would be situated on top of...
  15. A

Episode 371

I liked that we saw the remaining part of the island disappear down a glowing whirlpool. It appeared to explain something to me that I was wondering about, because under normal circumstances an island is a protruding piece of landmass that's simply higher than the ocean level. It's not something...
Top Bottom