Recent content by Victor

1. Victor

3/3 There is still a feeling of physical sadness I'm stuck with, and aside from reflecting on...

3/3 There is still a feeling of physical sadness I'm stuck with, and aside from reflecting on Berserk and the new melancholic shade it has gained for me now that its creator is gone, I'm also wondering how I will adjust to daily life without being able to look forward to it anymore. The moment...
  2. Victor

2/3 I'm still not sure if any of this sounds genuine, I want to find a balance between choosing...

2/3 I'm still not sure if any of this sounds genuine, I want to find a balance between choosing my words with care and consideration and being as honest as I can about how I feel, without my usual tendency for pretentiousness and overthinking that I often let too loose on the forum. I've read a...
  3. Victor

1/3 Yesterday me and my brother-in-law got really drunk as I poured my heart out to him about...

1/3 Yesterday me and my brother-in-law got really drunk as I poured my heart out to him about Miura's passing. He hasn't read Berserk yet but knows how highly I regard it and how much it means to me. Something that came out of our talk is how the truly formidable artists and heroes can die...
  4. Victor

How the Journey Ends

This is comforting and genuine.
  5. Victor

Kentarou Miura has passed away

Since morning I keep asking myself, how does one go about properly acknowledging such a sad moment without tainting it with momentary sentimentalism and the risk of dishonesty; I guess it's not for me to find that out. Like so many others, I've been unreasonably attached to Berserk. It might be...
  6. Victor

What Are You Playing?

The DLCs are definitely worth it, especially Blood and Wine which combines the charming and sinister in a way that rivals the main game. Yeah, I've expressed before why I think playing at least the second game first enhances your enjoyment going into the Witcher 3. It was better designed to...
  7. Victor

What Are You Playing?

Hey man, welcome! I think your expectations might have been set too high given how much praise the game gets on a regular basis. I don't think the story was designed to have a groundbreaking plot we've never seen before in fiction, so I can't say I was disappointed. Most of the game is based...
  8. Victor

Oniri Creations - Berserk line

Not that I'm an expert in these things, but to me that translucent plastic-looking texture is more reminiscent of something like a low quality figma figure rather than a statue. My guess would be that it's supposed to convey the explosive speed of Zodd's attack just as he's about to swing...
  9. Victor

Favorite Quote?

Not gonna play the favorites game, but here's a cool one from volume 14, episode 96: "It's been two years since the black sun appeared. In a certain forest deep within a mountain ravine there was a monster. It was a dreadful and fantastic spectacle. A man bearing a gigantic, slab-like iron...
  10. Victor

And here I thought you were going for a more minimalist look.

And here I thought you were going for a more minimalist look.
  11. Victor

Episode 362

Of course, that's not what I was implying; just pointing out the existence of external details aligning with the idea of causality being a spiral and not a circle, which I agree with you on.
  12. Victor

Episode 362

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make a stance that this is what I believe happened. I still haven't made my mind up about what the most likely scenario would be, just going out of bounds exploring other ideas, and trying to make sure they are properly understood. I would certainly hope Miura...
  13. Victor

Episode 362

Like I said, I'm questioning whether the whole city got decimated into the ground because of the sacrifice. Literally speaking, only the people of the city were sacrificed, and who knows if all of them or only some. I think it's possible a big part of the destruction was caused by some great...
  14. Victor

Episode 362

Completely destroying the city might not have been the original goal, it could've just been the final outcome of whatever happened. Yes, but there is a gap between the first vision and the last. A possibility could be that after their ascension, which is what we see in the first vision, an...
  15. Victor

Episode 362

I see, taking into account what the Skull Knight says certainly enforces that logic. In that case, if we go with the idea that the current God Hand came to be in a sort of reformative process, and Void's goal is to reenact what was supposed to happen a thousand years ago under more limiting...
Top Bottom