Recent content by AngelofLonging

1. AngelofLonging

What’s up man

What’s up man
  2. AngelofLonging

The Influence of Freud and Hegel in Berserk

I’m aware that the Godhand was inspired by the Cenobites from Hellraiser. I didn’t say that Freud came up with the idea of a “collective unconscious”, nor was I implying that the “collective consciousness” (as it occurs in correct translations) is unconscious; I was speculating, rather, that...
  3. AngelofLonging

What are you watching? (television thread)

The ending of College is perfect. That genius slip by Gandolfini as he pleads with Carm, and then the end credits music: Golden Leaves for GK Chesterton by Michael Hope—just sublime. “No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally...
  4. AngelofLonging

Yeah, I must admit it can be very boring at times. The whole backstory of Don Draper is also quite silly. I didn’t phrase my last post very well: I certainly don’t think Mad Men is as good as the Sopranos. Everything in the Sopranos: the writing, the characters, the photography, the use of...
  5. AngelofLonging

If you’re interested in a series of a similar caliber to the Sopranos and the Wire, then I’d recommend Mad Men. Stylistically, it’s more similar to the Sopranos than the Wire, which isn’t surprising considering the creator of Mad Men—Mathew Weiner—previously worked on the Sopranos. It differs...
  6. AngelofLonging

Movies you've recently watched

I hope Junior doesn’t know your location. “Hi Jack, by Jack.”
  7. AngelofLonging

I believe that another central influence on the Idea of Evil and the Godhand is the work of the Marquis de Sade (Sade, hereafter), and in particular Sade’s response to misanthropy. I hope I can show how Sade’s black heart is in keeping with the Godhand’s ideology. Sade believed that human’s are...
  8. AngelofLonging

Berserk's Unresolved Plot Threads

Yes, I also imagined him as the son of prostitute. I liked to think that his mother was beautiful and highly intelligent, but just so happened to be at the very bottom of society. I imagined Griffith’s mother looking similar to the girl in Angel’s Egg when she matures in the water. Whilst I...
  9. AngelofLonging

Between the idea And the reality Between the motion And the act Falls the Shadow —T.S. Elliot...

Between the idea And the reality Between the motion And the act Falls the Shadow —T.S. Elliot, The Hollow Men
  10. AngelofLonging

Berserk's Unresolved Plot Threads

-More information about Griffith’s background: his childhood, his ancestry, etc. -More information about Void: his role in the Godhand and his history in relation to Gaeseric. -More information about Femto‘s plans for the world, including his plans for astral entities. -Some seem to presume that...
  11. AngelofLonging

Two theories I’ve come across on the internet pertaining to the major ideas that have influenced Berserk are that Freud and Hegel’s ideas play a significant role in the inspiration for the Idea of Evil and the Godhand. On superficial examination Freud’s ideas seem the most obvious i.e. in...
Top Bottom