Recent content by Antonius Block

1. A

The Theme of Berserk

Once again, I am going off of memory alone, as I did not remember the child being involved in that scene. I always thought that since it had been sometime between her seeing Griffith in all of his glory in a human form that it sparked something within her. It was just what came to mind at the...
  2. A

The Theme of Berserk

Ever since that moment at the Hill of Swords when Casca encountered the reincarnated Griffith for the first time, I often wondered if a healed Casca would identify this new image of Griffith with her ordeal? If for some reason that was the case and she left Guts for Falconia... :magni: That...
  3. A

The Theme of Berserk

Definitely along the lines of a scenario like this, but sacrifice doesn't always have to mean that someone or something is being offered up like in a ritual sacrifice. To sacrifice could be as simple as going against your own desires for the benefit of someone other than yourself. I suppose...
  4. A

The Theme of Berserk

I am looking more into the motive behind the sacrifice, and who is actually impacted by it. With Guts, two important times come to mind when he was essentially sacrificing himself for the sake of another. The first instance I can think of is when he was trying to save Casca from going over the...
  5. A

The Theme of Berserk

If there is a theme that I am focusing on when reading and foreshadowing it is Sacrifice. Mainly I am looking at Guts and Griffith and how they have chosen to sacrifice throughout the story, and I think that it will play an important part in the conclusion. While this may lack the thought...
  6. A

Movies you've recently watched

I watched Dallas Buyers Club last night, and it was pretty damn good. 4 out of 5 stars. Matty Mick was the ish and deserved the Oscar, no questions asked. The role was pretty much made for him. Jared Leto did a great job too, and also deserved the Oscar I believe. Jennifer Garner was okay, not...
  7. A

Berserk Resumes April 11

This is great news! One day before my birthday :ubik: Thank you Walter!
  8. A

Movies you've recently watched

If you're only interested in the films he has directed pre-2000, I'm not quite certain as to which these are just now... But if you're also interested in the pre-2000 films he has starred in that are the bomb, then you should definitely check out the following: Dirty Harry "The Man With No...
  9. A

Movies to dread

Did they ever... I was 8 when I first saw Robocop and the scene when Emil got thrashed by the toxic waste blew my mind. One of the only other haunting movie moments from my childhood that stayed with me for years was in The Thing when the loose head that ripped off the one dude's body sprouted...
  10. A

Increasing Odds

Guts will surely find a way to do something... His survival is questionable though.
  11. A

Movies to dread

Quite honestly as a whole the article does in fact suck. The only poignant statement that I think the author put out there was right in the beginning when he said that the Verhoeven remakes embody the very things that he himself satirized. For some reason the insert quote function is not...
  12. A

Movies to dread

I'd buy that for a dollar :troll: http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2014/feb/06/robocop-remake-total-recall-stormship-troopers-paul-verhoeven
  13. A

It Came From The Internet

Here's something I've never tried before: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poopsterbate PS - I didn't search this on the forums so if any of you are already doing this then I'm sorry for the re-post :ganishka:
  14. A

Guts and Corkus's relationship/interactions

I find everything in Berserk fascinating and cleverly rendered. :serpico: In terms of Guts and Corkus' relationship, I have not really examined it that closely. From their first encounter Corkus has played the role of a jealous man seeking revenge for being bested by Guts when Corkus and...
  15. A

Berserk Tattoo

You may want to also consider that even though the mark is called "The Brand" in Berserk it resembles a nice sharp tattoo instead of an actual brand that is burnt into your skin. I am not familiar with the work that a "real" branding artist can produce as opposed to the normal brands that I...
Top Bottom