Recent content by Arles

1. Arles

Favorite Quote?

"Before I could decide if I liked it or not, I hit the iron in front of me. After that... I was so busy trying to improve and craft better stuff... that one day I woke up an old man." -Godo When I read this quote for the first time, more than a decade ago, I didn't pay much attention to it. But...
  2. Arles

Berserk manga released in Argentina

Hi Talo, nice to meet you! I started buying Dark Horse's version through bookdepository (free shipping, no customs shenanigans, door-to-door delivery). I got volumes 1-14 this way and switched to the local edition as soon as it released. As I said in the OP, DH's paper and ink are better, and...
  3. Arles

Berserk manga sales summary

I have contacted Panini's Manga division in Argentina about their Berserk's sales numbers so far. Will let you know if they reply.
  4. Arles

Hakusensha is opening a Berserk Café

Some items of the menu seem very distasteful to me (no pun intended). Like the one representing Griffith standing on top of a pile of corpses. I understand it's supposed to be very tongue-in-cheek, and clearly I'm not the target audience, but it just doesn't feel right. Asides from that, the...
  5. Arles

Official Slam Dunk thread

Teaser Trailer for 『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』, to be released 2022.12.3.
  6. Arles

Volume 41

Thanks alexderman. Seeing this last cover feels kind of surreal...
  7. Arles

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

I'm listening to "Guts" from Hirasawa Susumu and it's freaking hard not to tear up.
  8. Arles

Kentarou Miura has passed away

Morikawa, author of Hajime no Ippo, shared some nice anecdotes about young Miura: https://twitter.com/WANPOWANWAN/status/1395239580937252868
  9. Arles

Kentarou Miura has passed away

I've been speechless since I read the news. May he rest in peace.
  10. Arles

Yup, but this time they actually listened! Today I went and bought the reprints, and sure enough they fixed several mistranslations in volumes 1 and 3. One fix that I was particularly interested about is in volume 3, where they mistranslated "Causality" as "Chance/Coincidence". You see, in...
  11. Arles

Panini announced they will be reprinting the first volumes of Berserk here in Argentina. I got in touch with them and asked if these reprints would feature fixes to the mistranslations we discussed previously in this thread. After some back and forth chatting with their CM, I was happy to get...
  12. Arles

Official Slam Dunk thread

So, many years ago (around 2011, simpler times) I took the time to go through every single page of the Shohoku vs Sannoh match and record the Boxscore. This is what I came up with: A few things to note: I only recorded what's actually in the manga. Some possessions are not shown due to some...
  13. Arles

Thoughts on Symbolism Throughout the Conviction Arc

Yeah, "escapism" was a rather poor choice of words. Glad you got what I meant, though.
  14. Arles

Thoughts on Symbolism Throughout the Conviction Arc

Even though I don't agree with some leaps to conclusions or comparisons you made (ie. what the behelits are, that most of humanity has made a sacrifice, etc.), I like how you articulated that the antagonists of the story have chosen a form of escapism, a way of not dealing head on with their own...
  15. Arles

Episode 359

I'm already smiling to myself at the thought of SK's hypothetical interactions with Magnifico and Puck :magni:
Top Bottom