Recent content by Arvin

1. A

Kentarou Miura has passed away

Rest in peace, Miura. What a saddening loss. Wishing the best to his family in these trying times. Personally, I'll keep re-reading and recommending Miura's epic (and all his other works), no matter its ending state. Not only do I always learn or notice something new each time, it just recharges...
  2. A

Episode 363

Can't help but notice the stone and its designs in this episode are very similar to some rock art found in Ireland, particularly of the chamber stone of Newgrange . The last few episodes have been absolutely incredible, can't wait for more.
  3. A

Episode 346

Thanks a lot for the summary Aaz and Puela! Absolutely fantastic episode. The diversity of denizens from this Island and the richness of the deep folkloric overtones shown in this episode are a tremendous joy to see and feel. I also enjoyed seeing Serpico "courted" and taken by the wind...
  4. A

Episode 346

Was about to bring up how her name reminds me of the name of these legendary people. I just realized that a couple moments ago actually when seeing her true form, so you beat me to it. :guts: Anyway, I'm just glad that the concept of "true form"/"true name" or changing form has been brought...
  5. A

Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 76

Always a pleasure listening to the podcast. And oh, Aazealh, regarding Ged's design, the guy you were thinking about when mentioning Saint Seiya was the Libra gold saint (the master at the Rozan Five Peaks and Shiryu's master) Dohko. The one who fixes the armor/cloths is actually the Aries gold...
  6. A

Episode 345

As usual thanks for the summary guys. Maybe not a very welcoming type of remark lately, but I can't help but get some strong norse mythology vibes from this episode. Your comment as well as the description of the guardian witches and magic users carrying research in the forests of spirit tree...
  7. A

Episode 344

Have been out of the loop for a while, but was reading the thread and re-reading some episodes in the last two days. Was pretty excited about this episode as I was reading it, and now psyched about the next one which should be coming out soon. Indeed some exciting times to be a Berserk fan. I...
  8. A

Ubik and the Garden of Earthly Delights

I think I may have found something that sheds additional light into Ubik's design and nature too, although perhaps not directly related to how it connects into this depiction of Ubik in the Bosch inspired page spread. The other day, while surfing through various things I found myself in a youkai...
  9. A

Falconia vs Elfhelm: Will it happen?

That's well observed and the reasoning of an even stronger warding effect in the places where they are actually settled makes a lot of sense. Though I think we could say a thing or two about apostles, at least before the complete merging. Although Flora is a witch, her place did have barriers or...
  10. A

Episode 334

Haha, yes indeed, his are very realistic ones. Lawl, that sounds so wrong. :ganishka: I was also pleasantly surprised to see Luka and her group of (now assumed) ex-meretrice. I won't lie, I also wish now to see cameos of Jill and, of course, Theresia as most of we do. :slan: Agreed. And...
  11. A

Yes, the distance would certainly be a factor and it's something I considered later on in the post. It would be wise to stop by in some Islands along the way to rest and resupply. Apostles are much beyond human capability, but even they have limits. It seems like it would be quite the expedition...
  12. A

I picked the "I want to see it happen" option. Whether it will happen or not it's hard to say, but there's good potential and a precedent in Flora's case. Well, the way I think it could happen is by Falconia (or rather, Griffith) taking the initiative and making it something akin to the...
  13. A

Episode 334

Wow that came way earlier than I thought! I was expecting to get the episode by the end of the month (didn't mark exact dates, just knew it was this month and assumed it would come out later). What a pleasant surprise. :ubik: Although I'm happy to finally get to see the inner works of the...
  14. A

The Theme of Berserk

Among the many themes already mentioned, one that I really liked when it was being alluded was the, kind of paraphrasing here, "finding your own place in the world" theme. It's also kinda related to, paraphrasing again, the "giving or finding a meaning to life" theme that usually comes along. I...
  15. A

Increasing Odds

It's a long way but that's exactly how I also imagine things going like and I also hope they do that way, as far as humans joining benevolent astral creatures and perhaps other magic users for a possible battle or final showdown against the apostle army. Also agree on the front of (no pun...
Top Bottom