Recent content by Auturgist

1. A

Favorite Berserk character

Excluding Guts for obvious reasons, I've gotta say that Farnese is my favorite character. I feel like she's the most dynamic, having really changed from the time of her first appearance. She's gone from being a blind sheep of faith, and someone who could have easily become a tool of Griffith...
  2. A

THE ILLUSIONIST

I've always been a fan of the film noir genre superficially (I've seen only a couple, but not enough to say that I'm a bona fide, die hard fan of the genre), and I love intelligent high school stories, because I've always thought high school is the perfect microcosm for the real world of adults...
  3. A

Dark Horse Releases

I don't think that's a fair representation of my point. I was just trying to point out that often, someone will rant and rant about a product without having any intention of supporting it in the first place. And it's just like, jeez, if you aren't even invested in it, why make such a fuss over...
  4. A

Dark Horse Releases

But the only people complaining about those descriptions are the people who already know that it's an awesome series, and those descriptions aren't aimed at those people. And my point is that it's those people who are in the position to completely ignore the back cover of the book because they...
  5. A

Dark Horse Releases

I don't know that that's true, my personal opinion aside (my personal opinion being that you're right about it not mattering). I'm trying to consider all angles here, and there is an argument to be made that if someone isn't buying a product, complaining about it is kinda silly and pointless...
  6. A

Dark Horse Releases

Yeah, that particular BERSERK blurb is pretty fucking terrible, but I never said they weren't. I just said that it's marketing, and marketing often seems stupid. It's also on the back cover... not inside, not anyplace you have to read it. You know, I have that volume and I'd never read that...
  7. A

THE ILLUSIONIST

Well, it wasn't playing in many theaters around here and I don't do Netflix, so I don't keep up on the rental numbers. It's entirely possible it just went under my radar as far as its popularity is concerned; the only people I know who saw it were the guy who told me about it months before it...
  8. A

THE ILLUSIONIST

I thought I was one of the only people who had seen BRICK. Good to know I'm not... and yeah, I love that film too! ^_^ V FOR VENDETTA was decent at best, but it's hard for me to care very much having read the book. Hugo Weaving made a damn fine V, and the prison scene was done quite well...
  9. A

Dark Horse Releases

Okay, cool. I just wanted to be certain you didn't have any issue with the actual translations once Duane took over. Hey, if you were actually buying the volumes, you have every right to be upset if they started doing something you found distasteful. And, I'd say you SHOULD stop buying them...
  10. A

Dark Horse Releases

I'm with you on the FX boxes -- I don't like 'em at all. (Personally, I see no real point to translating sound effects. I mean, you can imagine what most things sound like. I wish they weren't even in the art in most cases, but you know, I'm not the artist. And maybe Miura doesn't even want...
  11. A

Point of Existence 2

Anyone playing the Battlefield 2 mod, Point of Existence 2? I've only played it a bit, but so far it already seems more balanced than BF2. One thing I really like is that commanders have less direct impact on the game by way of satellite scans and artillery strikes. Instead, they pretty much...
  12. A

Cell Factor!!

Am I to read that as you don't think "POrtal" will be one of the most amazingly awesome FPS games ever released? Because I'm really psyched about it. I've always been a fan of PvE logical puzzle games (stuff like Sokoban and the puzzle mode of Chu Chu Rocket, for example), and POrtal looks to...
  13. A

My first attempt coloring something from BERSERK...

Ok, I haven't given up on this! I've been pretty busy the last couple weeks, but I've finally gotten to work on it more, and I thought I'd give you guys an updated progress pic. This includes all base tones except for the background (which will be done last, despite my previous claim that you...
  14. A

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

I just read through this thread and I gotta agree with Aaz as far as liking Circle of the Moon. It was probably my favorite GBA Castlevania, although Aria of Sorrow comes very close. Circle felt like the perfect balance between old-school Castlevania and the newer games in the series with the...
  15. A

THE ILLUSIONIST

Yeah, you get pairings like that every now and then. It's the exact reason THE DESCENT's release in the U.S. was delayed. They didn't want it to fall victim to this phenomenon in light of THE CAVE being released before it.
Top Bottom