Recent content by Blessed.

1. B

Interpreting Berserk through games.

This isn't Death Note, though; pivotal moments are marked moreso by characters' actions than their words in Berserk. Skelley's exposition is a nice way to occasionally convey information to Guts and the audience, for instance, but his characteristic actions are his interventions against the God...
  2. B

This is where I disagree, at least in part. While the ideal use of the medium would provide narrative choice, video games work just fine as narratively linear experiences so long as the play is interesting. As for intricacy, I agree that not every subtlety of the manga could be literally...
  3. B

SPECIAL: Berserk (2016) Anime Impressions - Episode2

For the most part I echo the sentiments of this analysis/discussion; the narrative elements are much stronger in this episode, but the visual presentation and sound design hold it back. I'm not so concerned about literal adherence to the manga (adaptation being what it is), but this anime isn't...
  4. B

Adapting good fiction is hard. Adapting Berserk, therefore, is probably very hard. For all the flaws of the feature length movies, the currently airing anime, and even the 1997 anime, each of those has at least shown their work and effort in attempting to convey Berserk's story and characters...
Top Bottom