Recent content by BLG

1. B

Dark Horse Releases

Well, why are people here buying the DH releases? I get the feeling they want to support the publishing of Berserk in English, so I guess in that way they are grateful to DH. I guess it would be just the same if any other company had licensed it, but the way things are now we're all pouring...
  2. B

Dark Horse Releases

My thoughts exactly. The translations might not be up to everyone's expectations, but I'm still grateful for having Berserk in English. Endless discussion about what if's is a bit pointless.
  3. B

Episode 302

Well, I don't know... He's always been a beauty. Look at the cover for volume 5 for example.
  4. B

Who will be the first to die among Guts' current companions?

Now come on, don't take this so seriously! I certainly didn't, and that probably shows in my silly reasoning, which was meant to be a bit... funny? Maybe? (Although I still hold that Serpico will be the first one to go if the companions start dying.) For me it's always fun to speculate...
  5. B

Writing Miura

I say :puck: :guts: :void: :zodd: and either :badbone: or :SK: are a must, and I think we ought to have Griffith too, so lets throw in :griff: or :griffnotevil:
  6. B

Who will be the first to die among Guts' current companions?

Well, Shierke can't die because she's just too cute. Casca can't die because... come on, that would be seriously fucked up. Isidro can't die because he's a comic relief character. Farnese can't die because she's so helpless, it would be kind of lame. The elves can't die because they're mainly...
  7. B

The Passage of Time in Recent Volumes

In many countries (like here in Finland) a comma is used instead, so three and a half is written as 3,5. In English it's 3.5 though. Anyway, I think this is an interesting topic even if it doesn't add too much to... well... anything. The numbers and assumptions you brought up in the opening...
  8. B

Who will be the first to die among Griffith's lieutenants?

I went with Rakshas on this one, just because I think Miura hasn't been focusing on him too much. Surely there is time for more character development, but ol' Rakshas just seems like a one trick pony to me. He's got to go soon, and Guts and co. will do the deed. I don't understand how anybody...
  9. B

Writing Miura

I, too, would like to thank Walter, the translators, and everybody involved in this great project. This is really a monumental achievement and I'm still amazed that we even got a reply. Truly fantastic! :guts:
  10. B

Regarding the recent server problems

Wait, what? This is all a bit fishy... Is this just some really bad April Fool's joke? The cyber crime frontpage wasn't too funny though...
  11. B

Dark Horse Releases

Yeah, Digital Manga Publishing does pretty much all of Dark Horse's manga translations and they're the ones who I think do a good job. That's true, Viz's Editor's Choice line is pretty good, although I don't like what they do to the japanese sound effects. I don't really like Berserk's "FX"...
  12. B

Dark Horse Releases

I just like Dark Horse, they translate many wonderful series and their translations are usually top-notch. I guess I got a bit aggravated because I wanted to put things into perspective here. DH is one of the best translating companies around and it was irritating to see so many complaints...
  13. B

Dark Horse Releases

I'm not saying it's OK, just that it's not as serious as you seem to think it is.
  14. B

Dark Horse Releases

I don't know if I can really achieve anything by replying here. But I'll do it anyway. (Ain't that crazy!) I enjoy berserk immensely like everyone here and would like to see the English edition done in a huge format on pristine clear paper with gilded covers (okay, maybe not those...). A...
  15. B

Dark Horse Releases

Aaz it would be helpful if you included more information and less rudeness in your posts. Anyway, I still think some people will never be content with any translations. This thread is full of complaints about pretty trivial things and every time a new DH volume is published more of them come...
Top Bottom