Recent content by bph

1. B

Berserk Resumes April 11

I may be wrong Walter, but I just have a feeling we will see some fairly epic battles involving Guts and his crew. Given the sense of realism the series has tried to create, sooner or later there are bound to be casualties. Unless people think that Guts is going to go it alone and take revenge...
  2. B

Berserk Resumes April 11

I'm going to make a few surprise predictions/things I hope to see in 2014, in keeping with Walter's itemized questions. 1. Finally, we see Skellig, but the peace doesn't last long because Falconia's forces are on the way. 2. With the help of the Elf King, Casca regains herself, Farnese and...
  3. B

So I just hit my ten year account registration anniversary...

I hope this thread isn't out of line, but when I logged in and saw my account stats, it just hit me. Pretty crazy to think an entire decade of my life has passed by, and SK.net has been here the entire way. I posted on the old BSOM board, but haven't been very active here. I definitely want...
  4. B

A lack of Berserk - Dark Horse & DMP

I also received one, so fingers crossed anyway. I'll update when I get them, I ordered 1-10.
  5. B

Same here, I ordered 1-10, and was planning to buy them all in 10 vol. chunks as money allowed. I'm holding out hope I'll still get them, anyway.
  6. B

Movies to look forward to

Army of Darkness 2 - CONFIRMED! Sam Raimi directing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iBNYldUDMo Then on Twitter - https://twitter.com/fedalvar No clue on when shooting would begin or a possible release date, but this is still great news. There is more complete analysis on comicbook.com -...
  7. B

Will We Ever See Jill Again?

I think you're right that Falconia is the most likely place, I was just looking at it from the perspective of how they could encounter Guts again. One thing I really would like to get a better sense of when the series resumes is whether anyone else is still holding their own outside of...
  8. B

Will We Ever See Jill Again?

I've thought about this a lot, and I think that if we see her again (or Luca or Jerome for that matter) it would probably be at the end of the series. I could imagine Miura trying to tie up all of the loose ends, as he takes Berserk very seriously and develops the storyline far in advance...
  9. B

Build your own mechanical hand from Army of Darkness (ATTN Berserk cosplayers)

http://blindsquirrelprops.com/army-of-darkness-mechanical-hand/ The prop designer who built Ash's replacement hand in Army of Darkness just posted a detailed guide on how he did it. I'm guessing anyone who would want to cosplay as a post-Eclipse Guts would find this useful, too. :guts:
  10. B

Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

One thing I find interesting about those numbers, YA without Berserk actually has less circulation than a lot of American indie comics. I know Japan is a smaller population, but by that logic I wonder if something closer to the American comic model might work for established mangakas like...
  11. B

Well, The Hawks already bit the dust and the other scanlaters who replaced them don't have enough posters to warrant me yelling at them (I already checked). :ganishka: I bought the original Dark Horse run, and I think I'm going to go ahead and order these again since some of my copies are...
  12. B

I have to say, I really, really hope people buy these and support them. I don't post very often, but I remember maybe 6 or 7 years ago when people were boycotting Dark Horse over the sound effects and other minor issues and while those concerns are valid, this really is make or break for...
  13. B

This is great news, but the question I have is whether these are coming out sequentially or all 34 at once? EDIT: Nevermind, I checked each out of print volume and they all list that date.
  14. B

Movies to look forward to

Given the Berserk/Evil Dead 2 similarities, I thought people might be interested to know that the Evil Dead 2 remake is now official. Fede Alvarez is writing the script, but it's not a definite he's directing again this time, yet. http://collider.com/evil-dead-2-sequel-fede-alvarez-interview/
  15. B

Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Thanks for that info, Bender, but I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I actually have a near complete YA run, because I bought all of the Berserk 90's back issues from a friend who used to own a comic book store, and I've had a Sasuga Books subscription since the early 2000's...
Top Bottom