Recent content by buttonmasher

1. buttonmasher

Kentarou Miura has passed away

It's really starting to hit me. Thank you Miura. Thank you SK for giving us a place to be a better fan. Hope you guys are doing ok. It's an unfortunate reminder to not take tomorrow for granted. Miura, your artistry and storytelling have meant more to me than I can express, thank you for your...
  2. buttonmasher

What Are You Playing?

I just got Resident Evil 2 Remake. I kept waiting for a big sale and it hasn't happened but I got it for 40 on psn. I remembered Walter recommending hardcore so I fired it up as Leon and died three times in the gas station lol. Anyway I've gotten a handle on the difficulty and am enjoying it...
  3. buttonmasher

What Are You Playing?

If you're interested in the DLC get it for your first playthrough. It's a very difficult portion of the game and the new game+ really hurts in that section.
  4. buttonmasher

Star Wars: Episode IX

I think it's even worse than that. Mark Hammill was throwing a fit everyday leading up to the release. If the producers weren't willing to respect his opinion then I doubt anyone could have convinced Rian to change course. Rian actively derailed every plot point TFW setup, it's borderline...
  5. buttonmasher

It looks like he's watching his wife giving birth.
  6. buttonmasher

This trilogy isn't going to have any cohesion. Any meaningful arc is going to have to be cobbled together in this last film. That's a daunting task considering how much apologizing and backpedaling is required to fix what TLJ did. I've always hated on the prequels but TLJ was just unwatchable...
  7. buttonmasher

SkullKast: Episode 99 - When will Berserk end?

I said Elfhelm because that's where they are and it's the safest place, but I just meant they could try and go live in seclusion. The brands wouldn't make that very easy for them but I hope those will be dealt with while they are in Elfhelm. Yeah, that's a great reason but it is a suicide...
  8. buttonmasher

SkullKast: Episode 99 - When will Berserk end?

All this talk about the big picture has me wondering what will propel our heroes into the final conflict. Now that Guts has healed Casca, wouldn't he want to at least try to live life with her in Elfhelm and leave the past behind? It's hard for me to imagine a scenario where the lovers are...
  9. buttonmasher

Upgraded Forum for SKnet / New Themes

It looks great guys. It's awesome to have all the latest activity in one section. I must have mindlessly clicked the link here a dozen times over last few days to my dismay. Glad to have you back!
  10. buttonmasher

Something that's been bugging me:

Thank God we figured this one out I almost thought Berserk wasn't 100% realistic for a second. Whew!
  11. buttonmasher

What are you reading?

I totally agree that American Gods was all over the place. It felt like it never quite reached its potential and I definitely expected more otherworldliness (sorry for using that word). Having said that, I loved it because that was the first time I was exposed to Gaiman's uncanny ability to...
  12. buttonmasher

What are you reading?

I picked up Gaiman's Sandman omnibus and I'm about half way through the series. I've been a fan of his for a while due to Good Omens and American Gods. Sandman is concentrated doses of what he does very well and I've had my hair blown back a few times already. The surreal nature of the...
  13. buttonmasher

Castlevania showrunner wants to animate Berserk

Maybe Miura is masochistic enough to direct it himself after he finishes the manga.
  14. buttonmasher

Castlevania showrunner wants to animate Berserk

I'm of the opinion that Berserk is radioactive. Each adaptation has created problems for any possible successor. Short sighted writing has left giant holes in the story and continuity. A huge chunk of Berserk has been done poorly. A faithful adaptation requires ignoring everything that has...
  15. buttonmasher

Is Berserk "perfect" ? What do you not like about it?

I’d really like to see more interactions between the characters and individual members of the Godhand. How many more encounters can Guts have with the Godhand before they decide he has to go and we enter an endgame scenario? I would hate for the Godhand to be defeated simultaneously or in some...
Top Bottom