Recent content by Cavalier

1. Cavalier

Episode 370

I was optimistic for the first 2 or 3 episodes and thought the small sample size was magnifiying any issues therein. This however has been a pretty horrific run IMO. I mean the story is about Guts Casca and Griffith. It is the engine driving the entire story... for the first time in ages, the...
  2. Cavalier

Favorite Quote?

"Yield to me, everything" Beast of Darkness The build up to that moment felt like it began when Guts assaulted Casca, everything that happened at Enoch village... and the the release of all that tension with that dialogue was just insane. "Your wish may not be her wish" Absolutely chilling...
  3. Cavalier

Episode 362

If it is true, that the 4 other beings flanking Void are previous members of the God Hand... do you think it is possible that Skull Knight actually killed them? If so it would make Femto extra-special if he was the one member of the God Hand that he could not kill. Not sure if its been touched...
  4. Cavalier

What if you, Berserk fans, could help making an adaptation?

If anything I'd want an old 2d anime, that'd go super slow, with a long run of 24 episode seasons. I'm just not sure if there is a studio with the talent to do it, from both a story telling perspective or an animation perspective. I'm not sure the talent exists right now. I'm a gigantic anime...
  5. Cavalier

Movies to look forward to

I'm not impressed at all by the Dune trailer. I dont think the actor playing Paul has any presence and the art design is as generic as it comes. I'm surprised at the lack of grandiosity in the trailer as well. I was expecting some gorgeous camera work but what was presented did nothing for me. I...
  6. Cavalier

What if Guts' group were split up into two teams?

I would love for this to happen. As a reader, I'd really like an extended period of time to spend with a smaller group of characters. I tend to think that Guts and Casca might have to be split up, simply because Casca's trauma is still so severe and it seems so much ground still needs to be...
  7. Cavalier

Cracks in the Blade/Guts' Choices

Hey guys thanks for the thoughtful replies I totally acknowledge that revenge is Guts motivation, but the reason I dont see it as a selfish act was that he wanted revenge for the people he loved, not for himself. But that could be perceived as one and the same I suppose. And to be clear, not...
  8. Cavalier

By a more responsible choice, I think Guts could have returned to the Godo's home on a regular basis to see how Casca was doing, and spend a decent amount of time there "in between missions" so to speak. I also dont view Guts' crusade as purely selfish. I think he felt a responsibility to...
  9. Cavalier

So I just re-read Cracks in the Blade during my current re-read, and I wanted to share my thoughts and see what the rest of you guys think. So in regards to Godo's reproach of Guts for leaving, a lot of people seem to think he was right on all accounts, but I dont think he was right about...
  10. Cavalier

SkullKast 106 - Snow and Flames (Vol 22-2)

Not at all, you guys have that rare hybrid of conversational and super analytical. Like 4 friends who know a lot on many levels on a really deep subject.
  11. Cavalier

SkullKast 106 - Snow and Flames (Vol 22-2)

The last 2 episodes have been incredible guys. I dont say that lightly, as a podcaster myself I'm so impressed with the depth and presentation. Glad to hear all 4 of you on this one, always happy when Grail pops in, especially for some Farney love. Always appreciate your effort and execution...
  12. Cavalier

Your favorite everything

Favorite movie: Empire Strikes Back Favorite book: The Night Land by William Hope Hodgson Favorite TV-show: Twin Peaks/Star Trek the Next Generation Favorite Artsist Syd Mead Favorite anime: Zeta Gundam Favorite cartoon (western): Batman the Animated Series Favorite game: Super Metroid...
  13. Cavalier

Poll: Do You Expect God-Hand-sized God Hand Flashbacks?

I'm not sure... Miura is definitley taking his time and making sure all the big moments and events get time to resonate, like with Casca's return. But like you guys have pointed out on the podcast, there are some major events to come, like SK's origins, the clash with Griffith's lieutenants...
  14. Cavalier

Episode 360

I found this episode to be pretty emotional. When Casca grabbed Farnese cloak it hit me pretty hard. I'm re-reading the series right now and man has Casca been through a lot. I'm just so impressed how Miura is handling her return. Likewise Guts' reaction really hit the mark for me as well. Its...
  15. Cavalier

Episode 360

I did not think it was gonna happen until summer. I am so happy. Im dont want anymore heart wrenching scenes with Guts and Casca, but at least I'll have my support group here to help me through it lol!!! Hopefully it'll focus on Skullknight and not on crushing Guts' soul. I'm almost as excited...
Top Bottom