Recent content by Cavalier

1. Cavalier

Star Wars: Episode IX

I'm so sad now that its over. Not only was Luke and Vader's entire story made completely hollow by the fact they didnt defeat the Emperor, but TLJ... Luke nearly murdering Leia and Han's son then just giving up and waiting to die with that green mile drooling down his beard. I just cant believe...
  2. Cavalier

What is your favourite manga? (besides the obvious one)

@MiyamotoPuck - Awesome! I hope you enjoy it. It gets super crazy at times, with truly tragic and grisly story twists. Prince Val can be utterly ruthless too. I think it'll surprise you. I own like 15 Volumes of it and its amazing. Fantagraphics' production value is insane too, as each volume is...
  3. Cavalier

What is your favourite manga? (besides the obvious one)

@InnerSpace Yeah agree with you on most of those manga. Glad to see so much love being given to Nausicaa which is my 2nd favorite after Berserk of all time. Nausicaa and Future Boy Conan, are by far Miyazaki's strongest and most complete work and its not even close IMO. I loved Akira too, my...
  4. Cavalier

Inquiry for "Writing Miura 2.0"

I think a second letter is definitely in order! I think its incredible that he responded to the first one, I only wish I was around at that time, cause I can only imagine how exciting that must have been. I love all the questions you guys proposed already. I'd have to think a bit more about a...
  5. Cavalier

Twin Peaks Returns

I watched a good deal of this and while there are a lot of good points the entire story is not a vehicle for a single metaphor, especially something as banal as people's relationship with television. The original run is stepped in many layers of symbolism, especially Lynch's own metaphysical...
  6. Cavalier

Will Guts and Casca be able to travel together short term

Hey Aazealh. Yes I remember on the podcast when you said that you think Skull Knight will basically tell Guts "The situation is not perfect, but you and Casca are the only oneswho have a chance to defeat Griffith (due to dual existence of Griffith/the Moonlight Boy). Its not perfect but its the...
  7. Cavalier

Yeah I remember you guys mentioning that... I really do hope its sooner rather than later. Its one of those things where I'm marveling at Miura's writing but crushed by Guts' and Casca's reaction, anything to help bring them back together ASAP. I dont know how you guys deal with it as long term...
  8. Cavalier

Yeah important part that I left out... I dont think the gulf between them is permanent by any stretch. That would be a horrible direction for the story to go in. I could just imagine a period of moderate length (perhaps a volume) where they cannot be together... only because Casca still hasnt...
  9. Cavalier

SkullKast: Episode 102 - Barrier

I hope you guys dont mind the late post on this... but I absolutley loved this episode of the show. I must have listened to it at least 5 times. You guys do so such a wonderful job with the show. I wake up really early every morning before I go to work, to get in some time working on the novel...
  10. Cavalier

After the latest episode, it is clear that Casca is still facing intense emotional hurdles and will need time to process everything that has happened to her during and after the Eclipse. The question for me is how long will it take? It seems obvious that the Moonlight Boy is on his way and that...
  11. Cavalier

Understanding Gambino

I think Gambino is an expertly crafted character. Like you said Walter, Gambino is a terrible human being, but like even the worst examples of humanity, there is a reason for why he is, the way he is, even though its not justified in any way. But he does have his good points and moments of...
  12. Cavalier

The Idea of Evil’s grand plan

Hahah! Honestly nothing would surprise me in regards to you, Walter and Griffith's depth of knowledge after listening to the podcast as much as I have in the past couple of weeks. But once I put everything together I'd love to see what you guys think in regards to Miura's take on certain...
  13. Cavalier

New four-part Interview with Miura on Future of Berserk and Duranki

Thank you Puella! These interviews are all new to me and I find them really encouraging. Most of the interviews with anime/manga authors I've read, they seem completely overwhelmed and burnt out on the projects they work on. I remember reading some interviews with Yoshiyuki Tomino of original...
  14. Cavalier

What Are You Playing?

Hey guys, well its not video game related but I'm an avid Warhammer 40,000 player. I've been really enjoying the 8th edition of the game. It went through a dark period previous to this but the game is bigger and better than ever. For those who dont know its a tabletop war game where you build...
  15. Cavalier

The Idea of Evil’s grand plan

Thanks Aazealh I appreciate it. There are a LOT of subtleties in Berserk and the details, truly, truly matter. The way the world works is fascinating but beyond the wonder of it all, the "rules" of the Berserk world convey truly powerful messages. I'm hoping to make a post in the future about...
Top Bottom